Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nothing or Something:A Cemetery Story
Tomorrow will be thirteen years since the light in my dining room dimmed, then got so bright I thought the bulb would burst then went back to normal. The night my mom showed up with my cousin to tell me news I didn’t want to hear, I even shut the door in their faces and tried to just go back to bed. A little of my light dimmed too that night when my dad passed away.

This tale isn’t about that night, it being so near just had me thinking of other strange events that were related. So pull up a chair, pour yourself a glass of whiskey and if you like, I’ll tell a story or two that may have been nothing but could have been something.

A few years after he passed away, my brother came for a visit and decided he’d like for me to go with him to visit his grave. It was memorial weekend and I had made plans with my husband  to visit family but knowing how important it was to my brother, I agreed that if he drove down later, as it was a little further south than the cemetery, I would go.

I didn’t really want to go because my dad never liked stuff like that. He never saw a reason to go to someone’s grave when they weren’t there to talk back to you. When I was growing up he’d notice one of the widowed ladies in town going along the road to the cemetery and would say to us not to do such a thing when he’s gone.

I never liked the cemetery he is buried in. It’s in the middle of nowhere. No houses any direction for miles. I can remember the times we’d drive by it at night and the tingling despair would begin a mile from there at an old river bridge and last until the first house on the other side. I tried to drive through there once at night after I was older, as it was a shortcut to get home faster, but I turned around just after that bridge because it felt like I couldn’t breath. He loved the place though, said it had a nice view and that’s where he wanted to be.

Not only was the cemetery creepy, there were rumors of satan worshippers being in that area. I never knew if it was to scare us kids or not but a family member said they were out hunting one night and stumbled onto a group that was performing a ritual. 

Well my brother showed up to pick me up. I was relieved because there was enough daylight that we should be able to get in and out before dark. That is until he decided to stop at a Walmart. I was glad that he hurried with his purchase allowing us to be on our way.

I was texting a friend when we arrived at the bridge. I knew where we were before I looked up because the hair on the back of my neck was standing up. 

We arrived at the cemetery and parked with just enough daylight to see we were the only ones there. I knew, however that the daylight was quickly running out. We had to walk quite a ways in. I was getting more and more nervous as he was messing around placing those flowers. Then I heard a bellowing moan. It was loud and I couldn’t tell which direction it was coming from. I ran to the vehicle. I was jumping headstones and making good time until I got to a tall one and fell over it. I thought something had me for a second. I got back to the car with him not far behind. We never really talked about it. He was pretty spooked too, he just looked at me and said “I hate you” lol I guess I’d feel the same if someone abandoned me in that situation.

Next trip there was daylight and much happier. I found a dog sitting on my dad’s grave. I brought her home and when my husband glared at me for bringing in yet another animal I just glared back and told him daddy gave me a puppy. Kind of hard to argue with that. 

As I said it could have been nothing. A too big imagination, nighttime and the noise of a wild animal or it could have been something.
@"VioletDove" 

LOVE how it ended up! The gift of a puppy from beyond must not be denied!

Since I have a habit of dragging Kdog into such places that make him feel uncomfortable I use a very short and effective "ritual" that offers protection. Sometimes it works a little too well (like at Waverly Hills Sanitarium) but better safe than sorry!

Close your eyes (holding hands with your companions if they allow it). Visualized a bubble of warm light (I like blue, you can choose whatever color makes you feel safest). See the bubble encompass you and your companions and feel it protecting you from outside influences. Whether aloud or silently tell the spirits you welcome friendly interaction but rebuke all evil and order that none follow you from that place. Follow up with either the Lord's Prayer or the Prayer of St. Michael. Then you're good to go! It only takes a minute or two and have had no problems.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
I will try that next time.

This wasn’t the first time my brother and I have experienced this sort of thing. I sometimes wonder if the paranormal doesn’t just follow us around waiting for us to be in the same area before pouncing.

I really feel like she was a gift. There’s just no other way I could explain it. There are no houses for miles and she was a little thing. It was almost like she just appeared there. I didn’t see her while we were standing there, it was only after was walking away I felt like I should turn back and look and she was sitting there. I still have her. She’s getting older now and spoiled rotten.
(03-31-2022, 04:11 PM)VioletDove Wrote: I will try that next time.

This wasn’t the first time my brother and I have experienced this sort of thing. I sometimes wonder if the paranormal doesn’t just follow us around waiting for us to be in the same area before pouncing.

I really feel like she was a gift. There’s just no other way I could explain it. There are no houses for miles and she was a little thing. It was almost like she just appeared there. I didn’t see her while we were standing there, it was only after was walking away I felt like I should turn back and look and she was sitting there. I still have her. She’s getting older now and spoiled rotten.

I wonder if maybe you and your brother are just both extremely sensitive and when you guys are together, the spirits can sense it? Perhaps your energies combined help them manifest easier?  

There is no doubt that your pup was a gift!! That is so amazing!!! 

Thank you for sharing your story!!
(03-31-2022, 08:07 PM)sugarmonkey Wrote:
(03-31-2022, 04:11 PM)VioletDove Wrote: I will try that next time.

I wonder if maybe you and your brother are just both extremely sensitive and when you guys are together, the spirits can sense it? Perhaps your energies combined help them manifest easier?  

There is no doubt that your pup was a gift!! That is so amazing!!! 

Thank you for sharing your story!!

We’ve discussed that possibility. Every house we lived in when we were growing up had strange things happen in it. I can remember being home several hours by myself after school and having to sit outside until someone else would get there because it felt like something was right behind me and I knew if I turned around I would see it. I tried to be outside as much as possible. 

I have had some unexplained events happen here that my husband doesn’t notice but when my brother shows up for a visit it’s so obvious that even he gets a little spooked.
@"VioletDove" 
YUP!
You sound like a Very Sensitive person to the Paranormal or Spirits.

Have you ever felt on your face or bare arms what feels like a Cobweb? You think that you walked through a cobweb but you didn't or you have or arm become Icy Cold like it is in a freezer.

That is nothing but a Spirit touching you so you know they are there.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(03-31-2022, 10:58 PM)guohua Wrote: @"VioletDove" 
YUP!
You sound like a Very Sensitive person to the Paranormal or Spirits.

Have you ever felt on your face or bare arms what feels like a Cobweb? You think that you walked through a cobweb but you didn't or you have or arm become Icy Cold like it is in a freezer.

That is nothing but a Spirit touching you so you know they are there.

Yes, I have felt both of those feelings. It usually happens when I feel like I’m walking through a crowd of people even though I can’t see anyone. The strongest I ever felt that feeling was when I went on a ghost tour in an old hotel. I’ll have to tell that story sometime. It was quite an experience.
Cool story!

The dog seems like a blessing to me. No way I could have left without him/her.
(03-31-2022, 11:20 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Cool story!

The dog seems like a blessing to me. No way I could have left without him/her.

That’s exactly how I felt. I wouldn’t have even cared if she was smelly and had fleas. She still would have ridden in my lap all the way home.
Yes My Friend, you are one of the few who can feel the presence of Spirits.
You can probably see movement out of the corner of your eye or movement in front of you to quick to focus on.

You're a Sensitive and there is nothing wrong with that.
Spirits can feel it and well be attracted to you, often just for your company or again some Spirits will try and communicate with you, a quick Buzzing sound in your head or a feeling of Heaviness.

Nothing to fear, Spirits cannot Harm you or anyone and they don't want to harm you.

Believe it or not, some Spirits like to be in the presence of their current Family Members.

Demons are real, yes. But it is VERY Unlikely you or anyone you know will ever encounter a Demon, they are not of this World or Dimension.
They are from our Far, Far, Far Past when the Nephilim died, sense they were Half Alien (Gods) and Half Human and Normally Not Sane or Not Hospitable in life so also in Spirit form.

They are normally found in the Outdoors, woods and deserts and old regions of our Earth.

Edited to add.
You can tell them to leave you alone or leave your house, just be Stern and they will.
Or you can surround yourself with a Warm White Light and you'll be Protected from anything Negative, that is what I do.
(03-31-2022, 11:32 PM)guohua Wrote: Yes My Friend, you are one of the few who can feel the presence of Spirits.
You can probably see movement out of the corner of your eye or movement in front of you to quick to focus on.

You're a Sensitive and there is nothing wrong with that.
Spirits can feel it and well be attracted to you, often just for your company or again some Spirits will try and communicate with you, a quick Buzzing sound in your head or a feeling of Heaviness.

Nothing to fear, Spirits cannot Harm you or anyone and they don't want to harm you.

Believe it or not, some Spirits like to be in the presence of their current Family Members.

Demons are real, yes. But it is VERY Unlikely you or anyone you know will ever encounter a Demon, they are not of this World or Dimension.
They are from our Far, Far, Far Past when the Nephilim died, sense they were Half Alien (Gods) and Half Human and Normally Not Sane or Not Hospitable in life so also in Spirit form.

They are normally found in the Outdoors, woods and deserts and old regions of our Earth.

Edited to add.
You can tell them to leave you alone or leave your house, just be Stern and they will.
Or you can surround yourself with a Warm White Light and you'll be Protected from anything Negative, that is what I do.

I wish I would have known you years ago so you could have told me this. I wouldn’t have spent so many years being fearful. I’m happy to be reading it now. It’ll help a lot for those times I still feel uneasy.
You are so very welcome.
No need to fear them, they are just humans without the Bone Bag.
They can be very helpful, yes it is true.
A Spirit that is visiting with you a short time can be helpful, outside while walking or driving, that Spirit will know about a Danger just ahead of you and can warn you.
You could feel uneasy, a thought to slow down and look ahead or a thought to cross the street.
Have you ever felt like you should Just Stop, Turn Around and go another way or stay home?

If you don't like or want the etra company, you can ask or tell them to leave or you can surround you or your home in a Warm White Light.
(04-01-2022, 12:08 AM)guohua Wrote: You are so very welcome.
No need to fear them, they are just humans without the Bone Bag.
They can be very helpful, yes it is true.
A Spirit that is visiting with you a short time can be helpful, outside while walking or driving, that Spirit will know about a Danger just ahead of you and can warn you.
You could feel uneasy, a thought to slow down and look ahead or a thought to cross the street.
Have you ever felt like you should Just Stop, Turn Around and go another way or stay home?

If you don't like or want the etra company, you can ask or tell them to leave or you can surround you or your home in a Warm White Light.
That may explain how I always seem to know when a state trooper is hiding ahead and I should slow down. I just always thought I had an internal radar detector.