Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can't define "Woman"
(03-26-2022, 10:00 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Per our middle daughter (now in her 30s) who clings to her belief in the definitions which she developed in early childhood:

"A woman is someone with a hoo-hah, a man is someone with a tallywhacker."

Exactly.   Do you have an "innie" or and "outie"?    Now, I have known good folk who were (imo) truly born in the wrong gender, and lived as the other until they were surgically corrected.   I have no animosity toward those who are sexually ambiguous or even uncertain.   I really don't care who sleeps with whom.   I don't announce my preference upon meeting folk.   I am concerned with equality.   I think all people should be equal in the eyes of the law.   

LGBTQIA.   I don't understand "Q".   It stands, apparently for "questioning".   Okay, but you're still one gender or another.   I don't understand "I" either.   Intersex, as I labour to understand it, is an indeterminant sexuality that might swing either way.   I don't think I am tuned enough to understand the difference between that and bisexual, since a person is one gender or another, despite their identification and the person with whom they have sex with.   WHOOF.   "A" -- asexual.   I really don't intend to be mean, but isn't this just another way of saying 'not gettin' any?'     I want to be respectful of people's identifications, however I think the onus is upon them to let us know how to refer to them.    I also don't care for the shaming of those who -- without mean intent -- accidentally choose the wrong pronoun.   

What I also find very clunky is the thought of future introductions:    "Hi!   I'm argentus, a heteromale, with latent epicurousness.   I like unicorns."  

Does that sound intolerant?   I hope not.   I think I'm fairly open-minded.   I have done a lot of sketchy crap in my time.   I don't think I'm completely finished.
(04-07-2022, 09:02 PM)AmericanBuffalo Wrote: Well she has been confirmed for the bench. Another chink in the armor. I am insignificant  as I have ever been. Is that the plan? To make the decent humans just feel insignificant. I guess its true all I am to this world is a speck of sand some shit on a players shoe. A useless eater who is only valid as long as we can extort 30% of your income.
Stop the fucking crazy train I WANT OFF!
I hope I die soon!

The way I see it (and maintain my sanity) is by telling myself the worst she can do is vote like the guy she replaced.

And maybe ... she'll be the catalyst.  You can hold out for that.
(04-08-2022, 12:28 AM)argentus Wrote:   "A" -- asexual.   I really don't intend to be mean, but isn't this just another way of saying 'not gettin' any?'  

While true, it is more like "Don't want any." and "Oh look, my refrigerator needs to be cleaned out!" Because cleaning the fridge is just more appealing.
(04-08-2022, 01:17 AM)Selbiene_Raveren Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 12:28 AM)argentus Wrote:   "A" -- asexual.   I really don't intend to be mean, but isn't this just another way of saying 'not gettin' any?'  

While true, it is more like "Don't want any." and "Oh look, my refrigerator needs to be cleaned out!" Because cleaning the fridge is just more appealing.

Thank you for the clarification.   I want to be respectful of people's self-identifications.    Life is a difficult thing to wrangle.   I can't imagine how screwed up that would be to be born in the wrong gender for your awareness.    I want to be cognizant of the new and emerging nomenclatures;  I think there is a social danger in ....  what to call it.......  overembracing the changes that individuals wreak upon themselves.   We can be respectful and tolerant;  we don't have to subscribe.
(04-07-2022, 09:02 PM)AmericanBuffalo Wrote: Well she has been confirmed for the bench. Another chink in the armor. I am insignificant  as I have ever been. Is that the plan? To make the decent humans just feel insignificant. I guess its true all I am to this world is a speck of sand some shit on a players shoe. A useless eater who is only valid as long as we can extort 30% of your income.
Stop the fucking crazy train I WANT OFF!
I hope I die soon!

I'm staying around to watch the clown show. It's 70's and 80's tv shows come to life.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(04-08-2022, 12:28 AM)argentus Wrote:
(03-26-2022, 10:00 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Per our middle daughter (now in her 30s) who clings to her belief in the definitions which she developed in early childhood:

Exactly.   Do you have an "innie" or and "outie"?    Now, I have known good folk who were (imo) truly born in the wrong gender, and lived as the other until they were surgically corrected.   I have no animosity toward those who are sexually ambiguous or even uncertain.   I really don't care who sleeps with whom.   I don't announce my preference upon meeting folk.   I am concerned with equality.   I think all people should be equal in the eyes of the law.   

LGBTQIA.   I don't understand "Q".   It stands, apparently for "questioning".   Okay, but you're still one gender or another.   I don't understand "I" either.   Intersex, as I labour to understand it, is an indeterminant sexuality that might swing either way.   I don't think I am tuned enough to understand the difference between that and bisexual, since a person is one gender or another, despite their identification and the person with whom they have sex with.   WHOOF.   "A" -- asexual.   I really don't intend to be mean, but isn't this just another way of saying 'not gettin' any?'     I want to be respectful of people's identifications, however I think the onus is upon them to let us know how to refer to them.    I also don't care for the shaming of those who -- without mean intent -- accidentally choose the wrong pronoun.   

What I also find very clunky is the thought of future introductions:    "Hi!   I'm argentus, a heteromale, with latent epicurousness.   I like unicorns."  

Does that sound intolerant?   I hope not.   I think I'm fairly open-minded.   I have done a lot of sketchy crap in my time.   I don't think I'm completely finished.
Should be , Hi I am such and such name and leave it at that. People judge you all the time, but it is none of their business what your sexual preference is. I'm not here to fuck you , just taking care of business .
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(04-09-2022, 02:59 AM)kdog Wrote: Should be, Hi I am such and such name and leave it at that.
People judge you all the time, but it is none of their business what your sexual preference is. I'm not here to fuck you,
just taking care of business .

Ah yes, I agree. But if one recall one's late-teenage years of interacting with females around one, 'fucking' was a major
concern for a young man and whether he'd be rejected, seen in a positive light by his peers and maybe even where his
life would go in the future, were constantly playing in the back of one's mind.

It's a natural want of a male to procreate for furthering his genes, it's a natural need for a female to make sure any
offspring have a greater chance of survival. These realities are ignored for more-egalitarian aspects of modern human
society.

It's what I call 'a schoolyard discussion', a constructive narrative created to divide with trendy wordage and emotive slants.
The issue of a female's virginity to represent self-discipline and virtue has been destroyed and now the subject leans towards
whether producing offspring from 'fucking' could be a problem in a lone female's modern lifestyle.
The idea of creating a family-unit has been taken off the table.
minusculebeercheers
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(04-09-2022, 02:59 AM)kdog Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 12:28 AM)argentus Wrote:

Should be , Hi I am such and such name and leave it at that. People judge you all the time, but it is none of their business what your sexual preference is. I'm not here to fuck you , just taking care of business .

Agree.  I never ever introduce myself to new people and include my sexuality.   I don't want to know the proclivities of others that I meet.   People don't always bond on those bases;  they bond on commonalities that they share.   I don't care really don't who sleeps with whom.   I like [or not] people for who they are.