Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A game of chess, pr'aps?
I don't have many hobbies or do much but work and yell at my interns when I'm not doting on my beautiful and ever-patient bride of over 3 decades.

But I do enjoy a good game of chess.

I could set up my board, and would challenge any Rogue to a game.

tinyangry
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(03-26-2022, 12:10 AM)beez Wrote: I don't have many hobbies or do much but work and yell at my interns when I'm not doting on my beautiful and ever-patient bride of over 3 decades.

tinyangry

I often play chess.  Whereabouts would we play?
Chess is something I always wanted to learn. I’ve never met anyone who plays though. When we were kids, my brother and I found a chess board with all the pieces at a yard sale and bugged our mom until she bought it for us. We used to play checkers.
(03-26-2022, 12:58 AM)Tucket Wrote:
(03-26-2022, 12:10 AM)beez Wrote: I don't have many hobbies or do much but work and yell at my interns when I'm not doting on my beautiful and ever-patient bride of over 3 decades.

tinyangry

I often play chess.  Whereabouts would we play?

Just online.

We'd post our moves so everyone could follow.

minusculebeercheers
-Abraham Lincoln
(03-26-2022, 01:08 AM)VioletDove Wrote: Chess is something I always wanted to learn. I’ve never met anyone who plays though. When we were kids, my brother and I found a chess board with all the pieces at a yard sale and bugged our mom until she bought it for us. We used to play checkers.

This thread and subsequent threads would be a great opportunity to learn!

tinybiggrin
-Abraham Lincoln
(03-26-2022, 01:10 AM)beez Wrote:
(03-26-2022, 01:08 AM)VioletDove Wrote: Chess is something I always wanted to learn. I’ve never met anyone who plays though. When we were kids, my brother and I found a chess board with all the pieces at a yard sale and bugged our mom until she bought it for us. We used to play checkers.

This thread and subsequent threads would be a great opportunity to learn!

tinybiggrin
That would be awesome!

tinyangry
I have not played for several years but,,,,,,, BRING IT ON BUBBA GEEZ !! hahahah
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(03-26-2022, 01:13 AM)727Sky Wrote:

tinyangry
I have not played for several years but,,,,,,, BRING IT ON BUBBA GEEZ !! hahahah

Challenge accepted, old man!

tinylaughing
-Abraham Lincoln
(03-26-2022, 01:15 AM)beez Wrote:

tinyangry

tinylaughing
minusculebeercheers
(03-26-2022, 01:19 AM)727Sky Wrote:

tinyangry

tinylaughing
minusculebeercheers

I'll set up my board in a bit, take your time, but since I challenged you, you are White and get the first move.

LET THE GAME BEGIN!

tinysurprised
-Abraham Lincoln
(03-26-2022, 01:41 AM)beez Wrote:

tinyangry

tinylaughing
minusculebeercheers

I'll set up my board in a bit, take your time, but since I challenged you, you are White and get the first move.

LET THE GAME BEGIN!

tinysurprised
that was very lascivious err civil of you.. I was hoping it would be an internet board here at Rogue nation... I do not even know if I still have a chess board ??
(03-26-2022, 01:49 AM)727Sky Wrote:
(03-26-2022, 01:41 AM)beez Wrote:

tinyangry

tinylaughing
minusculebeercheers

LET THE GAME BEGIN!

tinysurprised
that was very lascivious err civil of you.. I was hoping it would be an internet board here at Rogue nation... I do not even know if I still have a chess board ??

Oh for the love of GOD!

What proper gentleman doesn't have a chess board?????

tinywhat tinywhat tinywhat tinywhat tinywhat tinywhat tinywhat tinywhat tinywhat
-Abraham Lincoln
I am beginner but I would love to play chess with members here :)

I play on chess.com "TDDA".
I use to play chess all the time as a kid, then when Google had an app for it that you could invite other people to play with. But I just played the bots and get pissed off.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere

I can really recommend chess.com. There you can do tutorials, learn the board, and train against computers with some helpers that speed up learning the possible moves, get an eye for traps and fast takedowns. And you can play against people all over the world, it's a lot of fun I like that thought. 

You can also do puzzles that help you faster adapting to new situations and it's all free.
(03-26-2022, 02:51 AM)TDDA Wrote:

I can really recommend chess.com. There you can do tutorials, learn the board, and train against computers with some helpers that speed up learning the possible moves, get an eye for traps and fast takedowns. And you can play against people all over the world, it's a lot of fun I like that thought. 

You can also do puzzles that help you faster adapting to new situations and it's all free.

Thank you. I will check it out.
(03-26-2022, 01:15 AM)Snarl Wrote:

When in Saudi we used to go on a 7 day R&R every 3 to 4 months. I had a friend named Jerry who was going on his first R&R and I asked him where he would be going. He was going to Germany to see his German girl friend; we flew to Germany a couple of times a month. Well he left and came back an upon asking him, did he have a good time he said, " Not really she worked all the time and I swear her boobs looked like to fried eggs..... he would not be going back"!

"Jerry you need to go to Bangkok, I will give you a few words in Thai to say and you will have a good time."

The months passed and once again Jerry was leaving. "Where you going Jerry?"

"I am gonna take my camera and go to India take pictures I can show my grand kids one day!"

"Jerry you need to go to Bangkok, I will give you a few words in Thai to say and you will have a good time besides you ain't even married yet .  "

Jerry left and came back.." How was India Jerry?"

In Jerry's typical west Texas Drawl, he went on to describe how dirty and filthy many parts of the country were and how cow shit was every where !

"Jerry you need to go to Bangkok, I will give you a few words in Thai to say and you will have a good time."

Jerry's last trip out of country he was thinking about going to Australia.. "That's good Jerry, you can arrange a flight that gives you one or two nights in Thailand and 5 nights in Australia."

Jerry was supposed to be gone for 7 days but he did not return until the 9th day. He looked terrible with dark circles under his eyes and it appeared he had lost weight.

"Good gosh Jerry how was Australia; you been sick ?"

He just shook his head and said he never made it to Australia as he never left Bangkok.

"While I was there all I could think about was all the wasted trips to Germany and India when I could have been in Bangkok !"

This my friends is a true story.. Thailand is not the same as it was back in 79/80 and Bangkok is a place I try not to go to as traffic has not gotten any better for sure. But, of all the places I have been to... Northern Thailand is my home now and I thank my lucky stars I made the move several years ago. Wife is the best of the best as are my living conditions.... my social needs revolve around golf and tournaments so here I am and plan to stay.

tinyangry

It's been several years since I've played, I actually married a man who doesn't play! 

Since you already have a taker or two, I'm happy to follow along - which will give me a chance to brush up!
Well...I just mentioned this thread to my husband and he informed me that he used to play. Apparently he still does occasionally when he visits his dad. Gee you think you know someone...been married to him for almost 22 years and he just walked on by the chess boards every time we would see one while shopping and I’d mention wanting to learn....I feel so betrayed  tinylaughing

He’s probably afraid I’d toss everything in the floor and attack him with a chess piece when I lose.