Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MissBeck checking in!
(03-24-2022, 08:36 PM)Rodinus Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 08:27 PM)MissBeck Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 08:18 PM)Rodinus Wrote: Welcome to the nuthouse young lady.

I am not one of the trouble makers. tinydrroling

I'm not so sure about that! Just to keep you in check, I have a picture of you (with Cody), on file, just in case you need bribing. mediumshhhh mediumshhhh mediumshhhh havemyeyesonyou

tinysurprised

I just realised that the big emoji could be construed as sticking two fingers up as you! LOL It's not. It said 'I'm watching you' emoji! smallrofl
(03-24-2022, 08:21 PM)MissBeck Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 08:06 PM)WonderCow Wrote: Hi Miss Beck! I grew up in Staffordshire, funnily enough.

Ooh, but not here now? Is that good or bad?? tinybiggrin

It was down to the economics of the time (early 80s) there weren't many jobs around. When I caught up with my old classmates a few years ago on Facebook, every single one of them had left the area.
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!
(03-24-2022, 09:13 PM)WonderCow Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 08:21 PM)MissBeck Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 08:06 PM)WonderCow Wrote: Hi Miss Beck! I grew up in Staffordshire, funnily enough.

Ooh, but not here now? Is that good or bad?? tinybiggrin

It was down to the economics of the time (early 80s) there weren't many jobs around. When I caught up with my old classmates a few years ago on Facebook, every single one of them had left the area.

Fair enough. You got to go where the work is! minusculebeercheers
(03-24-2022, 07:42 PM)MissBeck Wrote: Hi all,

So I am Beck(ie) or Rebecca (but only when I'm naughty) and I joined up when ATS shit on everyone for a few days. I am 48 and live in Staffordshire in the UK. (Good lord, feels like I'm doing a dating profile! tinyinbiglove )

I am a single mum to a 13 year old daughter. Her dad was an alcoholic and died when she was 6 months old. Since then I have been on my own and loving it.

I also have 2 older kids in their twenties from a previous relationship as well, but they stayed with their Dad when I left and have never lived with me.

We have 2 cats who hate each other, but are work in progress.

I work as a support worker for adults who have learning disabilities at a brick based day service which offers gardening activities and woodwork skills. I am the office manager and woodwork tutor! Although I absolutely love the job, sometimes it is like minusculeheadbanging . Sensible adult conversation is not part of my daily routine. smallroflmao 
I don't have many hobbies really. I LOVE to read, mainly apocalypse/zombie/escaped virus type stuff, and of course I love to do woodwork, which I got from my job, and gets so frustrating beacuse when I'm trying to teach them how to do stuff it takes all of my will power not to snatch the drill/screwdriver or whatever out of their hands and do it myself!! minusculeuzi I would love one day to have a small business selling my own wooden products and projects 

I don't watch TV, apart from Netflix and Amazon prime, and that is only for an hour when I am rolling my ciggies. I do do the odd bit of gardening, and used to grow all my own vegetables, but that has become a bit lax in the last few years.

Last June I FINALLY finished my degree which took 6 years as I had to do it part time and was chuffed that I passed with honours, so I am now a Batchelor of Science. minusculeguzzlingbeer 

I was going to go on to get my Masters, but have you seen the price of those things! bigfrightened 

Anyway, that's me. Sad little hermit who is quite content on not being social, avoiding social media sites, and real life humans where possible, and very content with where I am at the moment (Apart from my car. It's dropping to bits. Literaly!)

Hi MissBeck, I hope you enjoy it here.  So far so good for me as I'm also new.  Still trying to figure things out...  So we both got our B.S. at about the same age, I think I was 48.  I've also got a long history in woodworking, having made things from furniture to guitars and am now building a wire strung harp.  Really elaborate thing with lots of really cool joinery and carving and so forth.  Has turned out to be the most ambitious thing I've done yet.  I work on it a little each night before I work on songs for the band.  Anyway, don't mean to go on, just wanted to say hi.
(03-24-2022, 09:41 PM)wtbengineer Wrote:

So I am Beck(ie) or Rebecca (but only when I'm naughty) and I joined up when ATS shit on everyone for a few days. I am 48 and live in Staffordshire in the UK. (Good lord, feels like I'm doing a dating profile! tinyinbiglove )

I am a single mum to a 13 year old daughter. Her dad was an alcoholic and died when she was 6 months old. Since then I have been on my own and loving it.

I also have 2 older kids in their twenties from a previous relationship as well, but they stayed with their Dad when I left and have never lived with me.

I work as a support worker for adults who have learning disabilities at a brick based day service which offers gardening activities and woodwork skills. I am the office manager and woodwork tutor! Although I absolutely love the job, sometimes it is like minusculeheadbanging . Sensible adult conversation is not part of my daily routine. smallroflmao 
I don't have many hobbies really. I LOVE to read, mainly apocalypse/zombie/escaped virus type stuff, and of course I love to do woodwork, which I got from my job, and gets so frustrating beacuse when I'm trying to teach them how to do stuff it takes all of my will power not to snatch the drill/screwdriver or whatever out of their hands and do it myself!! minusculeuzi I would love one day to have a small business selling my own wooden products and projects 

I don't watch TV, apart from Netflix and Amazon prime, and that is only for an hour when I am rolling my ciggies. I do do the odd bit of gardening, and used to grow all my own vegetables, but that has become a bit lax in the last few years.

Last June I FINALLY finished my degree which took 6 years as I had to do it part time and was chuffed that I passed with honours, so I am now a Batchelor of Science. minusculeguzzlingbeer 

I was going to go on to get my Masters, but have you seen the price of those things! bigfrightened 

Anyway, that's me. Sad little hermit who is quite content on not being social, avoiding social media sites, and real life humans where possible, and very content with where I am at the moment (Apart from my car. It's dropping to bits. Literaly!)

Hi MissBeck, I hope you enjoy it here.  So far so good for me as I'm also new.  Still trying to figure things out...  So we both got our B.S. at about the same age, I think I was 48.  I've also got a long history in woodworking, having made things from furniture to guitars and am now building a wire strung harp.  Really elaborate thing with lots of really cool joinery and carving and so forth.  Has turned out to be the most ambitious thing I've done yet.  I work on it a little each night before I work on songs for the band.  Anyway, don't mean to go on, just wanted to say hi.

minusculehello minusculeknocks Hellooo! It sounds like you have much more knowledge in woodwork than I do. I had literally never held a drill when I started this job in 2014. I literally wing it from day to day! tinybiggrin Although I am mighty proud of my boys and what they do. I may start a thread on easy woodworking projects.
@"MissBeck" 

Welcome! My best friend of 43 years is also a Beck (Becky, Rebecca, The Beckster).

How are you with wood burning (the artistic kind rather than the glass of wine by the bonfire kind)?  Our youngest daughter is into it and it looked interesting so I have the tools on order to give it a try. I have an idea about sanding down small pieces of old rescued wood furniture, doing some wood burning art on them and then staining and polyurethaning them so it would be nice to have someone to ask about minor structural repairs, filler products, etc.

I hope you enjoy your time here and look forward to getting to know you!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(03-24-2022, 09:51 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: @"MissBeck" 

Welcome! My best friend of 43 years is also a Beck (Becky, Rebecca, The Beckster).

How are you with wood burning (the artistic kind rather than the glass of wine by the bonfire kind)?  Our youngest daughter is into it and it looked interesting so I have the tools on order to give it a try. I have an idea about sanding down small pieces of old rescued wood furniture, doing some wood burning art on them and then staining and polyurethaning them so it would be nice to have someone to ask about minor structural repairs, filler products, etc.

I hope you enjoy your time here and look forward to getting to know you!

It's funny you should say that. I bought a burner from Aldi months ago, wanting to try it, but need to finish turning our spare room into a woodwork room. It's Mother's Day for the UK on Sunday, and my daughter has bought me a starter book, so I'll be well away then!
(03-24-2022, 09:54 PM)MissBeck Wrote: It's funny you should say that. I bought a burner from Aldi months ago, wanting to try it, but need to finish turning our spare room into a woodwork room. It's Mother's Day for the UK on Sunday, and my daughter has bought me a starter book, so I'll be well away then!

Well it looks like you and I shall be embarking on a new learning experience together- how wonderful! We will have to compare notes!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(03-24-2022, 10:05 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 09:54 PM)MissBeck Wrote: It's funny you should say that. I bought a burner from Aldi months ago, wanting to try it, but need to finish turning our spare room into a woodwork room. It's Mother's Day for the UK on Sunday, and my daughter has bought me a starter book, so I'll be well away then!

Well it looks like you and I shall be embarking on a new learning experience together- how wonderful! We will have to compare notes!

This is the book she bought me, but won't let me have it yet!
[Image: q?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=1574215051&Format=...uage=en_GB]

What a lovely intro!
Welcome to oor wee nation of rogues.
If you're a fan of outbreak/escaped virus type stuff... might I suggest taking a peek at my "Inpestation" short story, which is in a post here: http://rogue-nation3.com/showthread.php?...5#pid16945
There is a Part II further down the same thread.... scratch the itch... you know you want to.... mwahahaa!
BigG
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(03-24-2022, 10:09 PM)gordi Wrote:

What a lovely intro!
Welcome to oor wee nation of rogues.
If you're a fan of outbreak/escaped virus type stuff... might I suggest taking a peek at my "Inpestation" short story, which is in a post here: http://rogue-nation3.com/showthread.php?...5#pid16945
There is a Part II further down the same thread.... scratch the itch... you know you want to.... mwahahaa!
BigG

tinybiggrin Itching makes me paranoid!! Is it a virus?? LOL I will have a read! I am being suggested so much! I love it!
Very very happy to meet you Becki! You're job sounds both rewarding and challenging, the best kind of job to have! Congratulations on getting your degree... A real accomplishment and definitely something to be proud of as a single parent. 

It's great when we have the ability to show our kids what it means to work hard towards a goal! 

Hope to see you around more!
(03-24-2022, 10:27 PM)Grace Wrote: Very very happy to meet you Becki! You're job sounds both rewarding and challenging, the best kind of job to have! Congratulations on getting your degree... A real accomplishment and definitely something to be proud of as a single parent. 

It's great when we have the ability to show our kids what it means to work hard towards a goal! 

Hope to see you around more!

Aaw, thanks Grace. I must admit, it was bloomin' hard work, juggling study with work and being a Mum, but I made it through! tinybiggrin And my job. I love it. No day is ever the same!
Good to see you here minusculebeercheers
(03-24-2022, 11:15 PM)NoAngels Wrote: Good to see you here minusculebeercheers

Likewise! minusculebeercheers
Sad little hermits are always welcomed here.  Have you taken your cats in for couples counseling so they can get along better?
If you ever come to Texas bring them with you as my cats could always use new friends.
If I am not here then I am probably someplace else.
(03-24-2022, 09:51 PM)MissBeck Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 09:41 PM)wtbengineer Wrote:

minusculehello minusculeknocks Hellooo! It sounds like you have much more knowledge in woodwork than I do. I had literally never held a drill when I started this job in 2014. I literally wing it from day to day! tinybiggrin Although I am mighty proud of my boys and what they do. I may start a thread on easy woodworking projects.
Hi!  Thanks for the reply and look forward to reading your thread if you make one.  A lot of things I do I still "just wing" but the longer you do something the more you find good ways to do it.  Best to you and see you around on here!

I'm not so sure about that! Just to keep you in check, I have a picture of you (with Cody), on file, just in case you need bribing. mediumshhhh mediumshhhh mediumshhhh havemyeyesonyou
I have just realised...

Do you mean those dick pics that you asked for?
I still don't understand why the Kamikaze pilots wore helmets!
(03-25-2022, 08:03 AM)Rodinus Wrote:

I have just realised...

Do you mean the member photos?
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!
(03-25-2022, 08:12 AM)WonderCow Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 08:03 AM)Rodinus Wrote:

I have just realised...

Do you mean the member photos?

Not anymore... However, a certain LittleD and MissBeck do have those "member" photos that they cried, screamed, pleaded and begged for...

Sorry KDog to bring this heartless news to you old chap.

HOLD ON.... KDog asked for them too if my memory serves me right !
I still don't understand why the Kamikaze pilots wore helmets!