Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To the Return of ATS
(03-22-2022, 02:25 PM)fishertail Wrote: I've been reading ATS for at least 7 or 8 years but I haven't contributed even though I would have liked to. I'm web-shy (ATS and RN3 are the only websites I visit that have any kind of social interaction, besides e-mail).
Joining RN3 has actually inspired me to speak up, I think the perceived loss of ATS put things into perspective for me. I might post on there every now and again!

I have to add though I prefer the layout of RN3, it's got a really easy to use feel to it.
Same for me. I joined ATS around 2007-2009 I never can remember without looking lol. I never posted one time on there I just read what everyone else was discussing, too shy to add anything to those discussions. It finally got to a point where I never logged in anymore but I continued reading. There is something about the members here at RN3 that draw you out of the corner and make you want to join in.

What I find strange is, a lot of my friends here are there too, but I still only post here. Maybe the atmosphere here has a lot to do with it.
(03-22-2022, 02:43 PM)VioletDove Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 02:25 PM)fishertail Wrote: I've been reading ATS for at least 7 or 8 years but I haven't contributed even though I would have liked to. I'm web-shy (ATS and RN3 are the only websites I visit that have any kind of social interaction, besides e-mail).
Joining RN3 has actually inspired me to speak up, I think the perceived loss of ATS put things into perspective for me. I might post on there every now and again!

I have to add though I prefer the layout of RN3, it's got a really easy to use feel to it.
Same for me. I joined ATS around 2007-2009 I never can remember without looking lol. I never posted one time on there I just read what everyone else was discussing, too shy to add anything to those discussions. It finally got to a point where I never logged in anymore but I continued reading. There is something about the members here at RN3 that draw you out of the corner and make you want to join in.

What I find strange is, a lot of my friends here are there too, but I still only post here. Maybe the atmosphere here has a lot to do with it.

RN is a place all it's own. It is not a ATS knock off, or a clone of any other site.

No sense in reinventing the wheel or duplicating what you can get anywhere else. 

Not everyone will like RN. For some it will be an acquired taste. 

We are just who and what we are. A bunch of roguish individuals, that make up one big family.
minusculebeercheers

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(03-22-2022, 02:43 PM)VioletDove Wrote:

Yeah I know what you mean with the atmosphere, it's more inviting somehow. I think the layout is a big part of it too, it feels more open and welcoming, and the members do well to add to that energy. It's neat.
I am glad ATS is back though. It's special in its own way too even if I don't feel quite as chatty on that side of town. minusculebeercheers
(03-22-2022, 03:28 PM)fishertail Wrote: Same for me. I joined ATS around 2007-2009 I never can remember without looking lol. I never posted one time on there I just read what everyone else was discussing, too shy to add anything to those discussions...

It was some time just after the beginning of the 2000s, when I first tapped on the door of ATS. My name was 'IronMan' and
I tended to steer clear of things I had no idea about. I didn't have top-clearance in some shadowy Air-Base in a desert nor knew
any influential people from a monthly gathering at the Skull & Bones Society, I was just someone working alone in a room with
one light-bulb and digitally-altering images for a local newspaper.

On the plus-side, it was one of those long industrial fluorescent lights, so I shouldn't really complain.
tinywondering

Anyway, I found a thread that attempted to seriously discuss the outcome if a human had to fight hand-to-hand with a Grey-Alien...
and look back, I used the word 'seriously' there. Intrigued that these few well-meaning folk were striving to arrive at a fair solution,
I 'lurked' -a term I always felt had something to do with one's hand down one's shorts in an darkened alleyway behind the home of
an Alpha-chick from school. If you know what I mean.
tinyhuh

Then a revelation appeared that -not only rocketed me into writing fantasy tales, but also filled me with so much levity that I let my
guard down towards those passionless and derisory folk who used to man the watchtowers of TOS. One of the members related
he'd heard that aliens are adverse to having human urine making contact with their skin. Oh-my -I hear you exclaim, an act that
makes us part of the brethren of the Universe. In general, many of the inhabitants of Earth don't enjoy being pissed-on either.
tinyshocked

During one of my across-the-topic discussions with this whistle-blower, a young Graphic Artist visited my lone outpost and noticed
the subject of my drafted chat. He became so intrigued with the issue that from his own desk, he monitored the ongoing exchange.
It wasn't long before this fellow-worker introduced himself into the conference and offered his light-hearted opinion on why the
occupants of interplanetary craft held disdain towards hominid liquid body-waste, now there were two of us.
tinybiggrin

But later, he moved some of his work down to a computer on my floor and during one of our hopefully-amusing colloquial prattles
about urine and how one would think the off-worlders would design a barrier to protect themselves from the splashing ammunition,
my colleague finished one of my sentences for a giggle.
tinywhat

That was when the balloon went up. The next evening, I found that I'd been banned from the website for using two accounts and
talking to myself. Back then -because I don't know what is like now, I could respond to the allegation and explain the real situation.
But it was no good, they assured me they were correct and cast me into the wilderness of the internet... and didn't even bother
to close the Graphic Artist's account.
tinysurprised

But when one endures the traumatic suffering of working beneath a single bulb -fluorescent or not, we knew we were made of
grittier stuff to be discarded like a used tissue. Nay, with backing from the young man who had heard me read aloud as I'd typed
and finished the sentence via his own account, we plotted to rise again on the platform.
tinyok

Sitting at my ancient computer (those screens are heavy, yer' know?) my fellow-schemer typed in a new application form and
turned to me with a question. "What do you wish to call yourself?" he asked and seeing where the future was going from the
many perusals of the website's threads, I smirked and answered with "Boy In A Dress" and so, the underwear-resisting maniac
who chitters and grins in my little garden shed was born.
tinylaughing
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(03-22-2022, 10:59 AM)AutomateThis1 Wrote: I've been so busy with life offline that I've been rather absent from most social media and forums. I'd like to be able to be more present both here and ATS.

I may not be able to contribute much in the way of new threads, but I do enjoy having conversations with everyone here and there.

I am pretty active in politics mostly local and state level, but I do often nteract with some national level players and people in other states.

Other than that if anyone is ever interested in talking about automation, robotics, industrial programming, etc. I'm good for that as well.

And many other things.

Not everyone here is a thread maker, and that is okay. In fact some here rarely make threads and even rarely reply to threads- but are very active in the Shoutbox. I don't know if you remember the old ATS chat room days but it is very much like that. There is usually a lot of light hearted banter, inappropriate 12 year old humor, and sometimes even serious discussion as well.

If you haven't checked it out yet please give it a day in court!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(03-22-2022, 10:43 AM)midicon Wrote: As a refugee from ATS I'd just like to say thanks for having us here. I for one will remain a member and keep logging in to both sites. It was also nice to venture forth as I've only ever been a one forum guy and this recent kerfuffle expanded my horizons. Out of all the alternatives I visited this one is the best. Thanks again!

You're very welcome and Thank You.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(03-22-2022, 12:12 PM)AugustusMasonicus Wrote: Just wanted to thank the Admins and members who welcomed all of us, that was appreciated. I'll probably stick around and post here, particularly since you have the more evil versions of my ATS pals posting on the site.

Great, Stay and  mediumcouchpotato, you are in Good Company.
(03-22-2022, 01:24 PM)Wizzz Wrote: I'm sticking around here too. I really like the atmosphere and the personalities.

Tough to post regularly on weekdays because of work, so most of my activity will be

on weekends, but it looks like you're stuck with me and a few other's.

tinyangry

My Friend, You and others have had a Taste of the Rogue Life, the feel of Free Speech at your finger tips, Cursing and Striding Around Half Naked with your Eye Batch and a Scabbard and Sword and on weekend's and Holidays we Walk the Blank Parties and Row Row Your Freedom Boat Parties,

You're Part Of the Rogue Family, You and many others.
So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, [Image: elliered-pirate.gif] [Image: 200.gif] Thank You.
@"MykeNukem"  @"fishertail"  @"NoAngels" 

You are all Very Welcome here, R-N3 is Fortunate to have you.
Grab and eye patch and sword, have a jug of Rum  minusculebeercheers  you are among Family.
(03-22-2022, 01:24 PM)Wizzz Wrote: I'm sticking around here too. I really like the atmosphere and the personalities.

Tough to post regularly on weekdays because of work, so most of my activity will be

tinyangry

You might want to PM @"BIAD" about an AVATAR or if you have one we'll help you attach it.
(03-22-2022, 07:05 PM)guohua Wrote: @"MykeNukem"  @"fishertail"  @"NoAngels" 

You are all Very Welcome here, R-N3 is Fortunate to have you.
Grab and eye patch and sword, have a jug of Rum  minusculebeercheers  you are among Family.

Thank you! I can drink to that... it's great to be aboard. I mean... 
Arrrr tinylaughing 
minusculebeercheers
*Pours bleach on RN3*

"THIS IS MAGA COUNTRY!

(runs away laughing)

yeah, I still like to cause trouble every now and then.

tinyhuh tinylaughing
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(03-22-2022, 07:07 PM)guohua Wrote:

tinyangry

You might want to PM @"BIAD" about an AVATAR or if you have one we'll help you attach it.

Oh yeah. My avatar. Totally spaced that.  LMFAO! 

I also like to walk around with the price tag still on my underpants..........

I'll try to get on that when I get home from work.

tinylaughing
[Image: Cheshire-Cat-Wallpaper.jpg]

"Dude! WTF?!?!?!?"
-Julius Caesar
(03-22-2022, 07:00 PM)guohua Wrote:

tinyangry

My Friend, You and others have had a Taste of the Rogue Life, the feel of Free Speech at your finger tips, Cursing and Striding Around Half Naked with your Eye Batch and a Scabbard and Sword and on weekend's and Holidays we Walk the Blank Parties and Row Row Your Freedom Boat Parties,

You're Part Of the Rogue Family, You and many others.
So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, [Image: elliered-pirate.gif] [Image: 200.gif] Thank You.

Happy to be here!
[Image: Cheshire-Cat-Wallpaper.jpg]

"Dude! WTF?!?!?!?"
-Julius Caesar
Eye patch, sword and a jug of rum sounds a Lethal combination  minusculebeercheers
(03-22-2022, 07:53 PM)NoAngels Wrote: Eye patch, sword and a jug of rum sounds a Lethal combination  minusculebeercheers

Sounds like my wedding night.

tinywhat
-Abraham Lincoln
(03-22-2022, 07:54 PM)beez Wrote: Sounds like my wedding night.

tinywhat

Exactly!you still haven’t paid me for filming it
(03-22-2022, 12:12 PM)AugustusMasonicus Wrote: Just wanted to thank the Admins and members who welcomed all of us, that was appreciated. I'll probably stick around and post here, particularly since you have the more evil versions of my ATS pals posting on the site.

What a double edge sword of appreciation.

Thanking the Admins, but then threatening them with you staying here.
tinybiggrin
(03-22-2022, 07:56 PM)NoAngels Wrote:

tinywhat

You DID!!??  
You have Film of The Rabbits??????  huhwhat
OMG, Can I get a Copy?  tinyangry
(03-22-2022, 08:02 PM)guohua Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 07:56 PM)NoAngels Wrote:

tinywhat

You DID!!??  
You have Film of The Rabbits??????  huhwhat
OMG, Can I get a Copy?  tinyangry

It's out on video.

The title is, "Naked and Afraid"

tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinyhuh
-Abraham Lincoln