Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GUITARS!!
(03-24-2022, 11:52 PM)vonclod Wrote: Nice axes Myke! I like the hollowbody project.

This is a BC Rich Dagger. I found at a pawnshop many years ago, paid a couple hun.  The finish is horrendous, I bought it figuring I would refinish it. I haven't played in years. This thread got me nostalgic though, so I dragged it out, cleaned the fretboard, dressed a few frets, polished the lot..it actually plays pretty good now.

[Image: dagger-001.jpg]

Here's the last one, LTD/ESP 7 string Baritone, Stephen Carpenter model, great guitar, digs low, stays impeccably in tune. I think at this point, I would just as soon have a baritone 6 instead.

[Image: ltd-002.jpg]
The amp is a PRS MT-15, it's switchable from 7-8 watts, to 15, I guess it just runs a single tube on half power. Cool thing about this lunchbox, is it uses 6l6 tubes, vs el84 that a lot of other lunchbox amp use. It's a nice amp, very transparent clean channel, and some good grit in lead.
That BC Rich is nice!! Especially for a pawn shop pick.  I could never play 7 string guitars. They don't feel right to me. Your ESP is nice though. Having a baritone in the arsenal doesn't hurt a bit.  That amp is nice too especially using the 6l6 tubes. That's what I have in my Carvin just changed them out and biased last summer. I am digging all the little amps which are coming out recently. Have my eye on an Orange I keep hearing good things about. Keep playing!!!!
ALL OUR HEROES ARE WHORES

EXTERMINATE THE BRUTES

ACTION ALWAYS OUTWEIGHS WORDS

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY IS NECESSARY
[Image: 20220324-203618.jpg]

My two favorite guitars. The Charvel is #1 though!!

EXTERMINATE THE BRUTES

(03-25-2022, 02:43 AM)AmericanBuffalo Wrote: [Image: 20220324-203618.jpg]

My two favorite guitars. The Charvel is #1 though!!

Like old friends!
(03-24-2022, 02:27 PM)Night Star Wrote: "Too many guitars, not enough skill."

Youtube has a ton of tutorials that you might enjoy. Check some out. minusculebeercheers
Thanks Night Star!

Indeed a ton of great resources on youtube, I don't know what it is, I guess I'm lazy tinybiggrin 

minusculebeercheers
(03-24-2022, 11:52 PM)vonclod Wrote: Nice axes Myke! I like the hollowbody project.

This is a BC Rich Dagger. I found at a pawnshop many years ago, paid a couple hun.  The finish is horrendous, I bought it figuring I would refinish it. I haven't played in years. This thread got me nostalgic though, so I dragged it out, cleaned the fretboard, dressed a few frets, polished the lot..it actually plays pretty good now.

[Image: dagger-001.jpg]

Here's the last one, LTD/ESP 7 string Baritone, Stephen Carpenter model, great guitar, digs low, stays impeccably in tune. I think at this point, I would just as soon have a baritone 6 instead.

[Image: ltd-002.jpg]
The amp is a PRS MT-15, it's switchable from 7-8 watts, to 15, I guess it just runs a single tube on half power. Cool thing about this lunchbox, is it uses 6l6 tubes, vs el84 that a lot of other lunchbox amp use. It's a nice amp, very transparent clean channel, and some good grit in lead.

My teenage self would have killed for that BC Rich! Nice find, I've found MANY good guitars in pawnshops over the years. 

Love the Baritone too, my son plays a 7, I never felt comfortable on them. LOVE the sound though.

That amp is sweet bro. Love PRS guitars as well. 

minusculebeercheers

[Image: new-logo-mini.png][Image: pc-mini.png]

The Shit Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Shit Tree - Jim Lahey speaking about Trudeau

1973 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe complete refinish in pictures
[Image: BB.jpg]

[Image: CC.jpg]

[Image: AA.jpg]

[Image: HH.jpg]

[Image: JJ.jpg]

[Image: KK.jpg]

This is an example of what I was busy with much of the time in my shop. Not too sure about the rooster on the back or why it was put there. I got rid of it and brought the guitar back to looking like it did originally.

EXTERMINATE THE BRUTES

Good work there, that rooster was a strange thing to have on the back?
(03-25-2022, 11:13 PM)NoAngels Wrote: Good work there, that rooster was a strange thing to have on the back?

Yeah I know. The guy just bought the guitar off someone after inquiring me if I could restore the back to original finish. I hope he bargained the guy down. I think I charged him $450. for the job. I ended up finishing 4 more guitar bodies for the guy over time after that.

I posted it because it was just plain weird to see a nice rendition of a rooster on the back of a Les Paul.

EXTERMINATE THE BRUTES

[Image: 20220403-112412.jpg]

[Image: 20220403-101956.jpg]

This is my 2011 American made Fender Telecaster (Cabronita) model.
2011 marked the 60 year anniversary of the introduction by Fender of the Telecaster. To commemorate the milestone Fender built several versions of the beloved Telecaster with variations upon the theme. The Cabronita is one such model. Cabronita as loosely defined in regards to this guitar as 'Lil devil' as it is a more aggressive sound than a typical Telecaster. Due to the TV Jones filtertronic pickups. Sounding like weak gained mini humbuckers with fantastic mid range punch and chimey highs. Hearkening to the 'Gretsch tone'. Roll off the volume a bit and you can approximate a Tele tone.
Simple controls, one volume and 3 - way switch on a 2 piece alder body with a maple neck.
Guitar is great with jazz, country, rock and alternative music. Not for metal or shredding!

EXTERMINATE THE BRUTES

(03-25-2022, 11:27 PM)AmericanBuffalo Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 11:13 PM)NoAngels Wrote: Good work there, that rooster was a strange thing to have on the back?

I posted it because it was just plain weird to see a nice rendition of a rooster on the back of a Les Paul.

Any idea who did that work?  I've never seen anything like it.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(04-05-2022, 05:42 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 11:27 PM)AmericanBuffalo Wrote:

Any idea who did that work?  I've never seen anything like it.

No idea. No signature or anything to identify the artist. One of the more strange things to come through my hands no doubt.

EXTERMINATE THE BRUTES

Lovely looking guitar, really love the colour and the pups look killer-not what you would expect on these models
(04-05-2022, 06:57 PM)NoAngels Wrote: Lovely looking guitar, really love the colour and the pups look killer-not what you would expect on these models

Yeah very different. Fun to play though.

EXTERMINATE THE BRUTES