Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Greetings All!!
(03-19-2022, 03:44 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 03:37 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 03:17 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: I would love one!  Did you have something in mind, or how can we go about doing this?
Don't worry about a thing, I'll have my shed-dwelling Man-Girl (BIAD) get on it right away!
He's a whizz at this stuff and will probably offer you a choice of four. (I've noticed that about
him!)
Give the dopey-hermaphrodite some time and I'm sure he'll knock-up something and give you
directions and instructions about your chosen avatar.
minusculethumbsup

Great!

I will look forward to it.  No rush.  Quality over expedience.

Hello old friend. I almost emailed you this morning to see if you knew what in the hell is going on. Shocked to see even the MOD’s being in the dark.

Well, I think my NDA has lapsed. Should I let the cat out of the bag and tell everyone who bought the place?
(03-19-2022, 09:48 PM)KKLOCO Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 03:44 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 03:37 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 03:17 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: I would love one!  Did you have something in mind, or how can we go about doing this?
Don't worry about a thing, I'll have my shed-dwelling Man-Girl (BIAD) get on it right away!
He's a whizz at this stuff and will probably offer you a choice of four. (I've noticed that about
him!)
Give the dopey-hermaphrodite some time and I'm sure he'll knock-up something and give you
directions and instructions about your chosen avatar.
minusculethumbsup

Great!

I will look forward to it.  No rush.  Quality over expedience.

Hello old friend. I almost emailed you this morning to see if you knew what in the hell is going on. Shocked to see even the MOD’s being in the dark.

Well, I think my NDA has lapsed. Should I let the cat out of the bag and tell everyone who bought the place?

That would be interesting.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(03-19-2022, 07:15 AM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: Hi All!

I am new here (for those who may not know me already).  This forum looks like a very interesting place, and I am pleased to be a member.

I'll spare you all the big long intro (unless you really wanna' hear it), but suffice to say I am/was a long time member of ATS.  I contributed a great deal there, and I look forward to contributing the same here.  My contributions on ATS had tapered off considerably since mid-2021 and I had all but decided it was time to move on.  But at the time, and since then, I wasn't sure where to move on "to".

I believe I had set up an account here a couple of years ago, but as memory serves me there was some technical issue which prevented me from being able to participate (though I don't remember exactly what the issue was).  I know it was around the time that ATS was up for sale, and there was a group of ATS members who had stood up a website to investigate the possibilities of buying ATS, or at least stabilizing it in such a fashion that the historical content of ATS would not be lost.  That was the real and primary objective at the time...not losing the years of content in the databases of ATS.  I had initially volunteered to lead the group until a candidate who had more time could step in, but unfortunately 'life happens' and I, sadly, had to bow out of that effort prematurely.  At the time I was trying to balance a life here in the States, and manage several large projects in South America.  Anyway, enough about that effort.  I am glad to be here on RN3.

I would like to know though if anyone has any accurate fragments regarding what has happened to ATS.  At this point, I'm not sure I really have any desire to return, but I think I speak for many when I say we all contributed enough to that website that we really do have a "need to know" what has happened to all of the content there.  As long as the content has not fallen into the hands of people with ill intent, then I think I (anyway) can rest a little easier.  ATS disappeared so abruptly that my first reaction was that the cause was likely a sizable DDOS attack on the site, but had that been the case I also feel there would have been more information 'out there' by now as to what had actually taken place.  The lack of that information, as many days later is actually quite concerning.  I say this based on a fair amount of behind the scenes details I was made aware of during the time when discussions were taking place about a possible purchase.

Anyway, if anyone has any "factual" information about what is going on (and not just some wild-ass rumor) I would genuinely appreciate knowing it.  Thank you in advance.

Lastly, as noted, I am glad to be here.  In the same breath, I am very troubled about what is going on in the World around us right now.  Times seem very dire indeed, much more so than I can personally recall in my nearly 60 laps around that bright orb in the sky.  To use an analogy...a ship with an enemy captain at the helm is at least a known commodity, but a ship with no one at the helm is far more dangerous.  I fear, at least in this country right now, our situation is the latter.

So...where to begin?

Welcome to rogue nation... I don't post a lot but I do a little. I'm Ninurta's wife..
(03-19-2022, 11:15 PM)Grace Wrote:

I am new here (for those who may not know me already).  This forum looks like a very interesting place, and I am pleased to be a member.

I'll spare you all the big long intro (unless you really wanna' hear it), but suffice to say I am/was a long time member of ATS.  I contributed a great deal there, and I look forward to contributing the same here.  My contributions on ATS had tapered off considerably since mid-2021 and I had all but decided it was time to move on.  But at the time, and since then, I wasn't sure where to move on "to".

I believe I had set up an account here a couple of years ago, but as memory serves me there was some technical issue which prevented me from being able to participate (though I don't remember exactly what the issue was).  I know it was around the time that ATS was up for sale, and there was a group of ATS members who had stood up a website to investigate the possibilities of buying ATS, or at least stabilizing it in such a fashion that the historical content of ATS would not be lost.  That was the real and primary objective at the time...not losing the years of content in the databases of ATS.  I had initially volunteered to lead the group until a candidate who had more time could step in, but unfortunately 'life happens' and I, sadly, had to bow out of that effort prematurely.  At the time I was trying to balance a life here in the States, and manage several large projects in South America.  Anyway, enough about that effort.  I am glad to be here on RN3.

I would like to know though if anyone has any accurate fragments regarding what has happened to ATS.  At this point, I'm not sure I really have any desire to return, but I think I speak for many when I say we all contributed enough to that website that we really do have a "need to know" what has happened to all of the content there.  As long as the content has not fallen into the hands of people with ill intent, then I think I (anyway) can rest a little easier.  ATS disappeared so abruptly that my first reaction was that the cause was likely a sizable DDOS attack on the site, but had that been the case I also feel there would have been more information 'out there' by now as to what had actually taken place.  The lack of that information, as many days later is actually quite concerning.  I say this based on a fair amount of behind the scenes details I was made aware of during the time when discussions were taking place about a possible purchase.

Anyway, if anyone has any "factual" information about what is going on (and not just some wild-ass rumor) I would genuinely appreciate knowing it.  Thank you in advance.

Lastly, as noted, I am glad to be here.  In the same breath, I am very troubled about what is going on in the World around us right now.  Times seem very dire indeed, much more so than I can personally recall in my nearly 60 laps around that bright orb in the sky.  To use an analogy...a ship with an enemy captain at the helm is at least a known commodity, but a ship with no one at the helm is far more dangerous.  I fear, at least in this country right now, our situation is the latter.

So...where to begin?

Welcome to rogue nation... I don't post a lot but I do a little. I'm Ninurta's wife..

Good to see you Grace. We love the Old Man, but we pray blessing down on you, because we are sure you can use them.

Just saying Ninurta. Just saying. apologies

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(03-19-2022, 11:15 PM)Grace Wrote:

So...where to begin?

Thank you!

That's pretty cool, a Dynamic Duo!
(03-19-2022, 11:20 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Good to see you Grace. We love the Old Man, but we pray blessing down on you, because we are sure you can use them.

Just saying Ninurta. Just saying. apologies

Lol... Well thank you sweetie ❤️
Nice seeing some familiar faces here, and ones that could generate some quality threads!

I lurked forever at ATS and have here off and on but never created an account for some reason. Maybe I should start posting stuff but everytime I get a good idea work or family or life in general come and kick me in the privates and by the time I recover its long gone.  tinyfunny
"Earth - Mostly Harmless" ~ The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Welcome @"FlyingClayDisk" 

By the way Rogues, this guy is the chili master. I have tried his recipes with some variations. I hope he shares them here too.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(03-20-2022, 09:24 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: Welcome @"FlyingClayDisk" 

By the way Rogues, this guy is the chili master. I have tried his recipes with some variations. I hope he shares them here too.

Thanks!  Glad to be here (in more ways than one!)

Regarding Chili - Heh, yeah I've taken down a few in competitions. 

Oh, and..."Chili shall hath no beans!  Else the Hammer in Hall of the Mountain King shall rain down to Smite Thee!!!"
(03-21-2022, 04:27 AM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 09:24 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: Welcome @"FlyingClayDisk" 

Thanks!  Glad to be here (in more ways than one!)

Regarding Chili - Heh, yeah I've taken down a few in competitions. 

Oh, and..."Chili shall hath no beans!  Else the Hammer in Hall of the Mountain King shall rain down to Smite Thee!!!"

Is it the kind of chili that will curl your toes and set your mouth on fire? Cause I like that kind and my mouth is watering just thinking of some good chili….

minusculebeercheers
"Earth - Mostly Harmless" ~ The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy