Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hey kids, Let's Have Fun At After School Satan Club
(01-14-2022, 08:01 PM)Kenzo Wrote: But who will protect Litle Johnny, if parents are leftist wackos and school is giving green light for satanist after school club. No one....

Is 6 year old Johnny capable alone decide this.

I think this is bad situation , parents should protect children, but we know that is not allways happening.

Even if Little Johnny's parents are flaming communists, he is theirs to raise, not mine, so I have no say in how they do that. One of their jobs is to teach Little Johnny to think, and it's not my place to determine for them how they believe their child should think. No more so than THEY get to determine for ME how I raise my kids, or how I teach my kids to think.

While it is a sad fact that not all children are properly protected, that is the responsibility of their parents rather than myself. I would protect them from a stray dog in the absence of their parents, but it is not my place to "protect" them from their own parents.

So, while I don't believe personally that a "Satan Club" is a very good idea, I cannot make that determination for anyone else's child. However, if folks in that community determine that they think it's not a very good idea, either, and refuse to send their children, then it dies on the vine.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"Kenzo" @"Ninurta" 

Why not have a "Hitler After School Club" ?

No, no.  I don't mean a club to worship Hitler or promote Nazism.  This would be a club to teach children how to think for themselves, to approach life with an open mind, to work with others in positive collaboration, etc.  And it could include cute cartoons of Adolf at a lectern, and so forth.

Now.  Really.  Who here thinks that would not cause a HUGE stink in practically any community?  Most everybody would think that it would be nothing but a way of advertising Hitler and getting kids to look into him and what he was about.

It would be provocative.  Just as using Satan is provocative.  This "initiative" is not well intended.  It is emotionally manipulative, and when people react to the manipulation, they are labeled as "triggered".  And underlying that behavior is an assumption that the "rest of us" need to be provoked and manipulated because we're something less than those doing the provocation and manipulation.

Thumbs down.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(01-15-2022, 09:38 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Kenzo" @"Ninurta" 

No, no.  I don't mean a club to worship Hitler or promote Nazism.  This would be a club to teach children how to think for themselves, to approach life with an open mind, to work with others in positive collaboration, etc.  And it could include cute cartoons of Adolf at a lectern, and so forth.

Now.  Really.  Who here thinks that would not cause a HUGE stink in practically any community?  Most everybody would think that it would be nothing but a way of advertising Hitler and getting kids to look into him and what he was about.

It would be provocative.  Just as using Satan is provocative.  This "initiative" is not well intended.  It is emotionally manipulative, and when people react to the manipulation, they are labeled as "triggered".  And underlying that behavior is an assumption that the "rest of us" need to be provoked and manipulated because we're something less than those doing the provocation and manipulation.

Thumbs down.

Cheers

Agree there, provocative and not well intended  etc  minusculebeercheers

Hitler after school club would indeed raise eyebrowns,and  then labeled as anti-semite .

@Ninurta    i understand your pont and respect that , i just feel that it can be dead end  also sometimes ...sort of.....if people have free rights to act wrong/stubid  because they have the permission to do it, there will be allways people who exploit the holes....and people seek power , and more power......some group can grow to point it can be threat to society and people. Some people dont have responsibility, and only want to build all for itself....so thats one reason something bad can come from  " free to do things"  but i really dont know how to say this correct way,  or not sure what i mean  tinysurprisedi need more coffee
(01-15-2022, 09:38 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Kenzo" @"Ninurta" 

Thumbs down.

Cheers

Indeed, why not? That would implicate the First Amendment as well, albeit on political free speech grounds rather than religious.

It would cause a stir just as this has. We only have to take a look at the Skokie, IL Nazi Rally to see just what a row would be created, and yet it would be perfectly legal as well as constitutionally sanctioned.

We run into trouble when we allow government to pick and choose what is and what isn't allowed to be put forth. In my mind, that's more a matter for the community to police rather than the government, and is to be countered via THEIR free speech rights rather than squelched by governmental edict.

As distasteful as both Satanism and Nazism are, they are still constitutionally sanctioned to protect the rights of the minority to have a voice. If we allow government to squelch them, where does that end? Today Satanism and Nazism may be subsumed, but what will tomorrow bring? Since we have allowed government to bury one religion and one political party, what others will get plowed under tomorrow? Will it next be Catholicism and Conservatism? After all, if we have already established that it is proper for government to regulate thought and it's expression...

So I think the proper response is for the People to exercise their own Free Speech rights, and raise their voice in opposition by making cogent arguments against what they find distasteful. They should make their opposition known by making logical counter-points against the philosophy being espoused rather than screaming for the government to do something about it. You kill ideas by showing them to be stupid in the open for all to see their folly, rather than trying to drive them underground where they can fester.

No, I believe it is not "well intended", but that is from my perspective, rather than theirs. I also do no believe it is well intended for Evangelicals to try to beat the souls out of their victims with their Bibles, but they differ with me in that assessment, and they believe it IS well intentioned. This is apparently simply a reaction to such soul-beating by Evangelicals, a more cerebral demand for "equal time" than most evangelicals are able to mount. This is a plan, a strategy, which Evangelicals for the most part are incapable of formulating, because they run on pure emotion, and emotive reaction, rather than thinking through a plan to overcome their opposition cerebrally.

Sun Tzu said that you beat an opponent in his mind, rather than on the battlefield. He is not beaten until you convince him he is. Once he is beaten in his mind, he is well and truly beaten, and will not rise up again since he believes it to be futile.

They will not win by asking Big Brother to do their countering for them. That is, to my way of thinking, a tacit admission of a lack of faith, a belief that they do not have a good enough argument to counter their opponents, so they would rather Big Brother do their pounding for them on this one. That is a slippery slope, for today it is the Satanists, but tomorrow it might well be the Evangelicals once that door is flung open.

It is a sad fact of life that some times, defending your enemies IS also defending yourself. My Dear Old Dad always stressed to me that some times, life is not gonna be fair, and Life does not care about that, at all. This is one of those times.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(01-15-2022, 12:49 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Agree there, provocative and not well intended  etc  minusculebeercheers

Hitler after school club would indeed raise eyebrowns,and  then labeled as anti-semite .

@Ninurta    i understand your pont and respect that , i just feel that it can be dead end  also sometimes ...sort of.....if people have free rights to act wrong/stubid  because they have the permission to do it, there will be allways people who exploit the holes....and people seek power , and more power......some group can grow to point it can be threat to society and people. Some people dont have responsibility, and only want to build all for itself....so thats one reason something bad can come from  " free to do things"  but i really dont know how to say this correct way,  or not sure what i mean  tinysurprisedi need more coffee

That is all very true, and you make valid points.

There absolutely ARE people who will exploit the system to gain personal power. Because of that, it behooves everyone to be on constant watch against that, and to be ready to counter it at every turn. Bad Men rise to power because of the apathy of others, not because of their action. They rise to power because apathetic folks tend to expect "someone else", like the government, to do something about it, and if everyone expects someone else to do it, then no one actually DOES it, and it never gets done, and Bad Men come to power in that vacuum of action.

Rather than expecting government to "pass a law" or hand down an edict against unpopular ideas, we should go forth ourselves, examine their argument, find the holes in it, and exploit those holes until all can see how bone-headed their Satanic ideas are. That is how one beats them, rather than just getting the government to drive them underground. Seeds are planted under the ground, too, and look what happens when you plant one!

Better to eradicate it while it's growing in the light, and before it can set seed. We can't do that by simply squelching it to pop up another day.

@"Ninurta" 

For my part, I'm not wigged out by the notion of Satan.  What I don't like about this "club" is that the exercise reeks of Alinsky-style provocation and manipulation.  Our country has gone through 50 years plus of Alinsky-style provocation and agitation, and it has not improved the lot of average people no matter what Alinsky or his supporters might claim (well, Alinsky would have 'claimed' since he died some 50 years ago).  The practice of these methods has been nothing but a cynical exercise in power grubbing by the wealthy Left, with plenty of help from cadres of useful idiots.

It is time for the political operators in the USA to give AgitProp a rest.  The failures of the 1968 generation and their outlook are manifest, yet they seem determined to drag the entire country with them into their graves.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(01-16-2022, 09:28 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Ninurta" 

For my part, I'm not wigged out by the notion of Satan.  What I don't like about this "club" is that the exercise reeks of Alinsky-style provocation and manipulation.  Our country has gone through 50 years plus of Alinsky-style provocation and agitation, and it has not improved the lot of average people no matter what Alinsky or his supporters might claim (well, Alinsky would have 'claimed' since he died some 50 years ago).  The practice of these methods has been nothing but a cynical exercise in power grubbing by the wealthy Left, with plenty of help from cadres of useful idiots.

It is time for the political operators in the USA to give AgitProp a rest.  The failures of the 1968 generation and their outlook are manifest, yet they seem determined to drag the entire country with them into their graves.

Cheers

I absolutely agree, which is why I advocate for nor allowing them to provoke or manipulate us, not allowing them to push us into demanding the censorship they crave.

[Image: Dont-Panic.jpg]

Just throwing this in the soup pot to stir it up a bit: My cousin and his lifelong BFF have been Satanists since reaching adulthood (both in their mid 40s now). They don't worship Satan, it's all just sort of a humorous poke at the irony on open display in a lot of Abrahamic religions. For the most part "Satanists" are actually just Athiests with a warped sense of humor but a social need for belonging to a group of like-minded people.

Not saying I agree with it, I am a Christian, but I would trust my cousin to run an after school program and keep personal beliefs out of it. I trusted him with my children and trust him with my grandchildren. That being said I wouldn't trust strangers of ANY belief system with my children or grandchildren but not because of fear of them trying to push their beliefs on them but rather because there are just as many "Christians" out there sexually abusing kids as "Satanists"... if not more! Better to be safe than sorry!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
A little Humor about after school clubs.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]