Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting topic for marriage with a woman
Some interesting points she makes. The Chinese use to say half the man's age plus 7 years is the perfect age difference between a man and a woman. A man who is 40 would be a match for a 27 year old. There is some truth in that old saying if you look at the divorce rate in many western countries. She also talks about taking your Philippine girl back home to your western country... Almost all end in divorce from from my limited experience.. We had several Philippine flight attendants working out of Guam who had married someone and one Green card later were divorced and looking for a pilot/Captain to marry.. Climbing the social ladder?

Anyway I always had a blast in the Philippines when I was single and passing through there as I met several girls who were very attentive and fun to be with... But I never considered marrying one. I was able to hold off getting married until I was in my early 30s or until I met my American wife.. I would still be in America and married to her if she had not gotten breast cancer and died after two years of cancer treatments.

I have always figured if I am in a country and plan to stay I will be with a local native. My wife is Asian now and I thank my lucky stars that we are married and she acts like she likes me... or at least until we get on the golf course and then all she thinks about is beating my butt.. Which she can do more than I want to admit.... as she has almost as many trophies from tournaments as I do...which she tends to remind me some days !! hahahah
I've heard that about Filipino women as well who marry Americans -- divorce after getting U.S. citizenship is not uncommon.

German women are (or used to be) different.  They insisted on living in their home country and would divorce if the husband had to return to the USA.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

What about Russian women ? minusculethinking minusculerolleyes
(11-07-2021, 01:30 PM)Kenzo Wrote: What about Russian women ? minusculethinking minusculerolleyes

From what I've heard, all Russians have a very real emotional connection to the Motherland.  Marry a Russian, marry the Rodina.

Cheers

I'm Chinese, Born, Raised and Educated.
I first husband was Chinese and 2 years older than me.
We divorced because I would not abort our daughter and try for a son (one child policy then). 
Mr. G. is American and 10 years older than me.
The reason Chinese and most Asian women want an Older Husband is because of Maturity and Stability.
I and my daughter did move to America to be with Mr. G. and we are American Citizens as of 2007. Yes, still Married  minusculebeercheers

My husband has watched Filipina Pea  because of a friend of his living in Tucson, AZ. 
He has been married to 2 Philippine Women. The first lasted nearly 20 years and she divorced him because he was leaving everything (Rental Properties and Business) to his son from his American Wife. Plus she wanted a baby and he won't give her children. She had signed a Prenuptial when they got married.
His second wife lasted until she had her ten year Green Card and she divorced him.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(11-07-2021, 05:53 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 01:30 PM)Kenzo Wrote: What about Russian women ? minusculethinking minusculerolleyes

From what I've heard, all Russians have a very real emotional connection to the Motherland.  Marry a Russian, marry the Rodina.

Cheers

Im ok with Russians loving their country, as long they dont see me as boogeyman tinyhuh.  Nothing against Filipinos either thought...

The truth is, at this very moment i am not ready, because too much real life problems.
(11-07-2021, 11:34 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I've heard that about Filipino women as well who marry Americans -- divorce after getting U.S. citizenship is not uncommon.

German women are (or used to be) different.  They insisted on living in their home country and would divorce if the husband had to return to the USA.

Cheers

My Dear Old Dad used to tell me that I had almost been a German - he was apparently set to marry  German girl when he got out of the army and intended to stay in Germany, but the army told him he had to return to the US to process out, but could return to Germany on his own dime if he wanted to afterwards. He couldn't get back to Germany, and she either couldn't or wouldn't come to America, so it never happened.

I have a friend who is half Filippino. His ma was from the Philippines, his dad in the Navy stationed there. His dad used to tell him that for a quarter more, he could have been German, too.

That's cold.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

There seems to be a lot of truth in that video, some thing I had never considered. For example, I've never known an America to hook up with a Filippina and have the relationship survive beyond her getting her green card... but as the young lady says, that may be because they made the mistake of bringing them here, rather than staying over there.

I was involved, many years ago, with two Filipinas, cousins of each other. They decided they wanted me to kill their uncle, and to that end spun up some horrific cock and bull stories to attempt to influence me in that direction. I wasn't born yesterday, even back then, and pretty strongly suspected they just wanted him out of the way so they could take over his property, so the relationships ended. I'm not an assassin for hire. I don't end folks for money, not even love and money, not even love and money and a brand new Harley, and I'm not going to be anyone's patsy.

My second wife flat out told me the same thing as this young lady mentions - women are in it for the security. Yup, she just came right out and said it. A year or so after the divorce, she tried to get me to move back in and "shack up", for the companionship I suppose, but I wasn't buying. It may take me a long time to learn, but when I do, I learn that lesson well. The dismal years with her were not something I wanted to repeat.

The age differences she mention seem to have some validity as well. My first wife was 5 years younger than me, and it lasted about 8 years. My second wife was 10 years OLDER than me, and that lasted about a year and a half, although I hung on for dear life into the 10th year, because, kids. But end it did. My third wife was about the same age as me. That lasted for 6 years, the last 2 or so of which were horrifying, off for a year, and then back on for a further two years just to make sure. At the end of those two horrifying years, I was damned sure.

Grace is 7 years younger than me, and that seems to be the sweet spot for me. In all my previous marriages, I knew they were doomed within a year or so. This time around, nary a problem 9 years in (9 years the 16th of this month, 9 days from now), and I expect it will last until the end of me.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Being married twice , I am so grateful of my American , cajun coonass woman who is only 2 years younger than me. She takes really good care of me, and I try my best to take good care of her.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere

I have only known two Russian girls, both were flight attendants in the USA. One was best friends with a great dancing girlfriend of mine. Julia invited me to go to St. Petersburg, Russia and stay with her Russian family and see the sights. I never got around to going as I had my platter full of stuff state side but I have always wondered and regretted I did not take the time to go and see the sights..

I think Mel Gibson married a Russian girl which after all was said and done nearly ruined him both financially and emotionally. I just think people are people and you will find the good the bad and the really really messed up in any country ...

the wife of 30 years got 450 + million in divorce settlement

One big mistake men make is to go to a country and hook up with a bar girl and fall in love. He will save her !! Actually she will hang with him until something better comes along guaranteed !
@"727Sky" 

Quote:One big mistake men make is to go to a country and hook up with a bar girl and fall in love. He will save her !! Actually she will hang with him until something better comes along guaranteed !

Saigon bargirl frowns and says, "You so cynical, GI!"

tinylaughing

Cheers

Hi all,

I have read through this thread. (poet an I don't know it).

I went through a couple of failed relationships resulting in 3 children.  MY excuse, well, I was away legit working for periods of time in the navy and police force.  Lost everything, including cars, property and house that I hand built on a reasonable spread.  Walked away with 2 garbage bags of clothes.

So, after my last break up i made up my mind.  If the person wants me, then they make the first move and agree to my terms.  I was paying child support and couldn't afford a new relationship let alone a family.

Then 'true love' came along  (Dutch heritage full blood).  I didn't know but she was wanting to be with me. Asked on telephone.  I said no.  Her mother rang me on the telephone (remember them dial up things) back then and asked why.  I replied she was too young and I'm supporting my children on Child Support.  Couldn't possibly look after her.  She would be better off finding a younger man.  I knew her but had left that district years before.  She is 17 years younger than me.  Tall, looks much younger than her age.  I was embarrassed.  17 years younger.  Yeah, Nah.  So 'true love' rang, momentarily crying,  Explained that she always liked me but because I was in a relationship didn't let me know.  She was 21 at this stage.  Bit taken off guard and flattered at this point, again, I said no.  I explained my situation. 

I did know this young girl and her family but really didn't take it this way. 

Truey (true love) turns up, on the bus, bag in hand, at the country town where I was working.  

26 years later and 4 children, worked all over Australia and here we are.  We have a nice 'selection' and a home. 

There's nothing like a 'true love'.  Just takes time to meet your partner and soul mate.  And yes, we are besties. (best of mates)

Kind regards and I've never really revealed this before,

Bally, truey, family, dogs, cat and others.

:)
@"Bally002" 

Great backstory, you must be a good man!  tinybiggrin

Tell your "True" a tired-a** old American on the other side of the globe waves and says 'hello'

Cheers

I married a foreign girl.  Funny thing is we communicate through a third language as we don't speak the other's language very well.  That always throws people off, which I find amusing.

Cheers

(11-08-2021, 10:39 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Hi all,

I have read through this thread. (poet an I don't know it).

I went through a couple of failed relationships resulting in 3 children.  MY excuse, well, I was away legit working for periods of time in the navy and police force.  Lost everything, including cars, property and house that I hand built on a reasonable spread.  Walked away with 2 garbage bags of clothes.

So, after my last break up i made up my mind.  If the person wants me, then they make the first move and agree to my terms.  I was paying child support and couldn't afford a new relationship let alone a family.

Then 'true love' came along  (Dutch heritage full blood).  I didn't know but she was wanting to be with me. Asked on telephone.  I said no.  Her mother rang me on the telephone (remember them dial up things) back then and asked why.  I replied she was too young and I'm supporting my children on Child Support.  Couldn't possibly look after her.  She would be better off finding a younger man.  I knew her but had left that district years before.  She is 17 years younger than me.  Tall, looks much younger than her age.  I was embarrassed.  17 years younger.  Yeah, Nah.  So 'true love' rang, momentarily crying,  Explained that she always liked me but because I was in a relationship didn't let me know.  She was 21 at this stage.  Bit taken off guard and flattered at this point, again, I said no.  I explained my situation. 

I did know this young girl and her family but really didn't take it this way. 

Truey (true love) turns up, on the bus, bag in hand, at the country town where I was working.  

26 years later and 4 children, worked all over Australia and here we are.  We have a nice 'selection' and a home. 

There's nothing like a 'true love'.  Just takes time to meet your partner and soul mate.  And yes, we are besties. (best of mates)

Kind regards and I've never really revealed this before,

Bally, truey, family, dogs, cat and others.

:)

Great Relationship.
And for the "Kind regards and I've never really revealed this before," quote, well see what being a Rogue does to you. My husband and I have allowed more of our family or Rogues here to know things about us than anyone else.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Back in the day there was a Philippina girl I liked. But she would not date me because I was not Philippino. Sadness. 

Fast forward a short while and I met my future wife. After we got married, THEN the Philippina girl decided my ethnicity did not matter and uncomfortable situations ensued. 

Still married to my wife many years later. No off-reservation entanglements occurred. But at the time, being a young man, I was very confused.
@"ABNARTY" 

My favorite faux-pas' on the part of others were those who saw the photo of my wife at work and blurted out,

"THAT'S YOUR WIFE?!"

... as if I had no business being married to an attractive woman.  And the ones who did that ... were women.  tinyhuh tinylaughing

Cheers

(11-10-2021, 07:39 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"ABNARTY" 

My favorite faux-pas' on the part of others were those who saw the photo of my wife at work and blurted out,

"THAT'S YOUR WIFE?!"

... as if I had no business being married to an attractive woman.  And the ones who did that ... were women.  tinyhuh  tinylaughing

Cheers

Yes. I have had the same situation many times. I feel you. Makes you want to tell them a lot of things but you just shut up and smile.
Just into my 38th year of marriage to my Missus and still as happy as a clam.
She's smarter than me and BIAD. (This is factual, so you won't see it in the MSM)
tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.