Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Merry Christmas Myanmar
From some reports the military coup dudes are getting their butts kicked both on the battle field and with troops desertions..

(12-28-2021, 07:36 AM)727Sky Wrote: From some reports the military coup dudes are getting their butts kicked both on the battle field and with troops desertions..

Well shoot.... the UN is going to investigate. All problems will be solved. They are a crack bunch of folks. 

Look at all the good they have done in places like Rwanda, Kashmir, Cambodia, Somalia, Darfur, and the list goes on.
(12-29-2021, 12:20 AM)ABNARTY Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 07:36 AM)727Sky Wrote: From some reports the military coup dudes are getting their butts kicked both on the battle field and with troops desertions..

Well shoot.... the UN is going to investigate. All problems will be solved. They are a crack bunch of folks. 

Look at all the good they have done in places like Rwanda, Kashmir, Cambodia, Somalia, Darfur, and the list goes on.

And let's not forget the miraculous job they did in Bosnia and the Balkans when Clinton reigned here in the colonies. I saw a 9 year old boy shot in the head by a sniper and die before he hit the damn ground while a UN unit was "protecting" him, standing right next to their glaringly white aiming point armored vehicle. It was, I believe, either a French or a Belgian unit, and the officers didn't know what the hell to do. I sometimes get those Frog-speaking Europeans mixed up. I think they might have been better served being INSIDE that vehicle, and driving the hell away instead of standing there gawking like a bunch of tourists.

As ineffective and f'ed up as a football bat, but they sure had pretty sky blue hats to offset their spiffy pressed cammies!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-29-2021, 03:42 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 12:20 AM)ABNARTY Wrote:

And let's not forget the miraculous job they did in Bosnia and the Balkans when Clinton reigned here in the colonies. I saw a 9 year old boy shot in the head by a sniper and die before he hit the damn ground while a UN unit was "protecting" him, standing right next to their glaringly white aiming point armored vehicle. It was, I believe, either a French or a Belgian unit, and the officers didn't know what the hell to do. I sometimes get those Frog-speaking Europeans mixed up. I think they might have been better served being INSIDE that vehicle, and driving the hell away instead of standing there gawking like a bunch of tourists.

As ineffective and f'ed up as a football bat, but they sure had pretty sky blue hats to offset their spiffy pressed cammies!

I know I am deviating from the OP here but I am frustrated with the UN and their "peace keeping". They don't do it. They have ROE that specifically prevents them from helping anybody. So why be there? What is the purpose? 
tinyok tinyok tinyok
(12-29-2021, 10:12 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: I know I am deviating from the OP here but I am frustrated with the UN and their "peace keeping". They don't do it. They have ROE that specifically prevents them from helping anybody. So why be there? What is the purpose? 
tinyok tinyok tinyok

It may be that they only go to get combat experience at ducking their pretty blue headgear out of the paths of warlike objects passing too closely to them, creating a threat to said headgear. If that is the case, Myanmar sounds like the perfect proving ground for them, since it's starting to sound like a free for all with an embattled military on the defensive and rival militias springing up everywhere you look with intent to offend that military!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’