Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Portland Homeless Coming to a Street Near You
First, I have nothing against folks down on their luck. But some folks like it that way. Those folks, I have a problem with.

Portland gets what they vote for. They seem to want more moronic bureaucracy and they got it. The left hand never talks to the right hand unless it is to point fingers. 

Again, my tin foil hat pops on my head. I see this is as a purposely designed issue to fester and provoke citizens to take matter into their own hands. You know what happens then.

They got what they wanted, 15.00 to 20.00 Dollars an hour pay raise.
Now their Landlords raise their rent/lease to adjust for the pay raise and they went out and bought a new car with a 500. Dollar a month payment and higher insurance and the cost of their utilities rates per month increased also.
They think that working at Burger King or McDonalds should be enough to raise a family.

The average rent payment a month here is 900. to 1200. dollars for a studio apartment before utilities. (In a dangerous part of town)
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(11-29-2021, 01:23 AM)guohua Wrote: They got what they wanted, 15.00 to 20.00 Dollars an hour pay raise.
Now their Landlords raise their rent/lease to adjust for the pay raise and they went out and bought a new car with a 500. Dollar a month payment and higher insurance and the cost of their utilities rates per month increased also.
They think that working at Burger King or McDonalds should be enough to raise a family.

The average rent payment a month here is 900. to 1200. dollars for a studio apartment before utilities. (In a dangerous part of town)

That goes a long ways explaining the amount of homeless in town.