Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Death of a Bigfoot Family
Fort Knox, Kentucky. Just 30 miles west of me. 

I have heard of this before, and I don't know if it was ever shared on here before. It was presented at the Cryptid Con we went to by Charlie. 
A chilling account of an encounter of a bigfoot family. 

Kentucky Bigfoot Research Organization. Lot's of activity around here.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
How did Cryptid Con go?

I am anxious to hear.  tinybiggrin
(11-21-2021, 11:39 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: How did Cryptid Con go?

I just updated in the replies on the Cryptid Con thread!  tinyfunny
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(11-22-2021, 12:30 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 11:39 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: How did Cryptid Con go?

I just updated in the replies on the Cryptid Con thread!  tinyfunny

I saw it there after I read this one.  tinywondering
Double posted some how when i edited it.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(11-22-2021, 07:10 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 12:13 PM)kdog Wrote: Fort Knox, Kentucky. Just 30 miles west of me. 

I have heard of this before, and I don't know if it was ever shared on here before. It was presented at the Cryptid Con we went to by Charlie. 

you know i'm gonna have to call Bull Shit, on this story.

first off, a M113, a couple of humvees, and a Duce and half would have a hell of a lot of noise even on a road.  More so if traveling in brush. I take it they were on the road from the way he says it. seeing how most accounts say that bigfeet are very elusive, spook easy and disappear, even if mama bigfoot is in a trap the youngins would run, the papa might not, but instinct to flee for the younger ones would kick in i would think long before the vehicles got that close.

second, during that time i'm fairly certain black bears were all but extinct in Kentucky due to loss of habit and only have increased in the last 20 years. this web site fw.ky.gov bears this out (pun intended).

Quote:In Kentucky, historical accounts indicate that bears were essentially eliminated by the early 1900s. Reasons for that decline included wholesale logging of mature hardwood forests, unregulated hunting and a lack of protected areas.

Currently, black bears are the most abundant and widespread of all eight bear species in the world. In Kentucky, the return of black bears over the last 20 years is proving to be a true wildlife success story. Contrary to some beliefs, however, today’s growing population is not the result of a “restocking” effort. As oak forests matured after extensive logging efforts of the early 1900s, bears recolonized these habitats from our neighboring states of West Virginia, Virginia and Tennessee.

Black Bears

so it doesn't make a lot of sense that a hunter or poacher would place a bear trap next to a road, maybe in the brush but next to a road where a passer by would be able to see it, and on a Army Base at that. reefer growers might, but would they put one next to a road that could possibly be seen and maybe mark their trail, nah.

one more thing about the bear trap, big feet are said to be extremely strong and smart. now if they were able to be trapped how come in all the stories about them this is the only one i've ever heard of. as far as smart, there are stories of bigfeet building shelters out of huge tree trunks. if their smart and strong enough to do that, couldn't they be strong enough and smart enough to open a bear trap. if a human can strength wise can open one, bigfeet sure as hell can.

thrid, 120 and rounds in less than 18 feet, in the head and chest Bull Shit. first on top of being smart and strong, i do believe that they have said to be fairly fast. no way he could unload and load 4 magazines in the time it took to travel that 18 feet. not only that no matter what the critter, being made out of flesh and bone unless it the density of steel 120 rounds would have mad mush of of them at almost point blank.

I call Bull Shit

I believe in bigfeet, but not this story. As they say  on TOS pic's or it didn't happen

Relistened, need to correct my statemanet about he unloaded 4 magazines, he said 4 between the 3 of them. still at 18 feet bing hit that many times uneless they couldn't hit a damn thing no way a bigfoot could have gotten to 6 foot in front of the M113

(11-22-2021, 07:13 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 07:10 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 12:13 PM)kdog Wrote: Fort Knox, Kentucky. Just 30 miles west of me. 

you know i'm gonna have to call Bull Shit, on this story.

first off, a M113, a couple of humvees, and a Duce and half would have a hell of a lot of noise even on a road.  More so if traveling in brush. I take it they were on the road from the way he says it. seeing how most accounts say that bigfeet are very elusive, spook easy and disappear, even if mama bigfoot is in a trap the youngins would run, the papa might not, but instinct to flee for the younger ones would kick in i would think long before the vehicles got that close.

second, during that time i'm fairly certain black bears were all but extinct in Kentucky due to loss of habit and only have increased in the last 20 years. this web site fw.ky.gov bears this out (pun intended).

Quote:In Kentucky, historical accounts indicate that bears were essentially eliminated by the early 1900s. Reasons for that decline included wholesale logging of mature hardwood forests, unregulated hunting and a lack of protected areas.

Currently, black bears are the most abundant and widespread of all eight bear species in the world. In Kentucky, the return of black bears over the last 20 years is proving to be a true wildlife success story. Contrary to some beliefs, however, today’s growing population is not the result of a “restocking” effort. As oak forests matured after extensive logging efforts of the early 1900s, bears recolonized these habitats from our neighboring states of West Virginia, Virginia and Tennessee.

Black Bears

so it doesn't make a lot of sense that a hunter or poacher would place a bear trap next to a road, maybe in the brush but next to a road where a passer by would be able to see it, and on a Army Base at that. reefer growers might, but would they put one next to a road that could possibly be seen and maybe mark their trail, nah.

one more thing about the bear trap, big feet are said to be extremely strong and smart. now if they were able to be trapped how come in all the stories about them this is the only one i've ever heard of. as far as smart, there are stories of bigfeet building shelters out of huge tree trunks. if their smart and strong enough to do that, couldn't they be strong enough and smart enough to open a bear trap. if a human can strength wise can open one, bigfeet sure as hell can.

thrid, 120 and rounds in less than 18 feet, in the head and chest Bull Shit. first on top of being smart and strong, i do believe that they have said to be fairly fast. no way he could unload and load 4 magazines in the time it took to travel that 18 feet. not only that no matter what the critter, being made out of flesh and bone unless it the density of steel 120 rounds would have mad mush of of them at almost point blank.

I call Bull Shit

I believe in bigfeet, but not this story. As they say  on TOS pic's or it didn't happen

Relistened, need to correct my statemanet about he unloaded 4 magazines, he said 4 between the 3 of them. still at 18 feet bing hit that many times uneless they couldn't hit a damn thing no way a bigfoot could have gotten to 6 foot in front of the M113

I took his "four mags" to be four mags total, among the 4 personnel on the APC - one each. No idea how the driver accessed a port in time to dump one into a running bigfoot.

Your observation on bears in KY is spot on. I live just on the VA side of the state line, and when I was growing up, I saw exactly two bears in that entire time, all those years - one just on the other side of the yard fence where I live now, in what was then a blackberry patch, and one about 20 miles from here and a thousand yards from my position, up on the side of a mountain. I did find a bear skeleton once on Clinch Mountain, on the road going up to what was then the fire tower, and which is now called "The Channels State Park". Nowadays, bears are all over the place here. The day I moved into this house, a sow bear and two cubs crossed the creek at my garage next to my bridge, and headed up into the woods above me. When I was in Buchanan County, I had to keep my trash on the porch and take it out the morning of pickup to keep the bears out of it. A couple years ago, an 8 year old kid killed an 800 pound bear up there, and that made the papers - it was a much huger bear than usual (most around here are 200 to 400 pounds for a really big one) and it was killed by an 8 year old kid, both newsworthy items.

One morning there were bear claw marks on my deck, and tonight the neighborhood dog has been raising hell then hightailing it back to his porch, a pretty sure sign that something is out there tonight.

Regarding the mag dumps into the bigfeet, yeah, I think it would take a lot to stop one. I had a 12 gauge shotgun in my hand when I saw mine, and wound up shaking like a dog shitting peach seeds, afraid to shoot it because I might only piss it off, so we both got away unscathed. I'm pretty sure a running one would cover a lot of distance in the time it took to dump a mag, even on rock and roll, and also pretty sure there would be a lot of misses, especially on rock and roll, so that part of the tale is just a bit sketchy. I laugh whenever I hear a tale of someone taking a shot at a bigfoot, because clearly they've never seen one to shoot at - I don't spook easy, and I wouldn't dare shoot at one with anything less than an antitank rocket with a shaped charge warhead. Why would you shoot at one with an M16 instead of the turret gun?

Also sketchy is the notion that the gummint gives a rat's ass about bigfoot. The idea of debriefings, forced signing of NDA's, and even taking their BDU's and issuing new ones is ludicrous to me. I don't see that happening at all. This is the second tale I've heard of gummint interest in bigfeet, and that is utter BS. Gummint don't care about bigfoot. I mean, I have a pretty extreme distrust of gummint myself, but their concern for bigfoot is right at the bottom on my list of worries concerning them.

I have a hard time believing in poachers on a military reservation as well, bear or otherwise. Matter of fact, I have a harder time believing in that than I have believing in aliens.

Some time ago, I heard a broadcast, I think it was on Coast to Coast AM, about some alleged specops team being sent into THIS area on a hunt for "The Rake", and that was utter bullshit, too. I know this ground better than any outsider possibly could, and that dude's tale was ALL wrong. It was like he was following his finger on a crude topo map, one of those 1:250k jobbies that don't show any real detail. And that is over and above the fact that "The Rake" is a very recent invention, a brand new "cryptid" with NO previous history. I would bet dollars against donuts that if a specops team was sent in here to find one, I'd know about it.

Bigfoot NEAR Ft. Knox? Could be... probably is... but this tale I have reservations about. It's possible that he did have a sighting, but then spun up the rest of the tale around that to make it more exciting.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

We do get bears up here now and again. But the bear trap was more of a man trap because it was a grow operation of cannabis that they were sent to clear out and destroy. 

The Cornbread Mafia. 

https://www.amazon.com/Cornbread-Mafia-H...0762788437

Y'all clearly missed the fact that it was their mission to begin with.
(11-24-2021, 04:51 AM)kdog Wrote: We do get bears up here now and again. But the bear trap was more of a man trap because it was a grow operation of cannabis that they were sent to clear out and destroy. 

The Cornbread Mafia. 

Yessir, I did miss that. So they violated Posse Comitatus to send the military in to perform law enforcement duties? Or was it on base, and he was an MP?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(11-24-2021, 05:44 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 04:51 AM)kdog Wrote: We do get bears up here now and again. But the bear trap was more of a man trap because it was a grow operation of cannabis that they were sent to clear out and destroy. 

The Cornbread Mafia. 

Yessir, I did miss that. So they violated Posse Comitatus to send the military in to perform law enforcement duties? Or was it on base, and he was an MP?

The state police are vicious up here this days, imagine what it was like back then. That have helicopters scanning fields all the time, and if they find a plant with their infrared, they while come and take everything you own. So , they will use any resource that the state government and federal government will give them to fund themselves.   The Fort Knox area is pretty big. We hear the booms sometimes from training. You know, all the gold is there. LOL !

It's a pretty isolated place, they do allow hunting, the Knob Creek is close to there, the gun range with the big machine gun shoot that use to be a yearly event.  and I have been camping at Otter Creek close to there. I think they even have a town to resemble an Iraq town , if I remember right.

https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/Digitizati...0NCJRS.pdf

Started in 1981 , about page 15 on that pdf.

The Cornbread Mafia. 

no i didn't, i even said that if they were moving through the brush  they'd be making even more noise, he said they were there to support the National Guard, State Police and clear brush. also i'm fairly certain that on a base, Troops can be used in support of the Guard and State Law Enforcement.

i  have lived just just about a mile from Eglin AFB's outer ranges on the west side, and Blackwater State park is 8 miles northeast, for about 38 39  of my 60 years of life. Both during the 70's and 80's were heavily favored by growers. In Fact in the late 70's High Times rated Santa Rosa County's homegrown #1 in the country twice.

i also pointed out that growers might, but from my experience as, lets just say as a hellion in my younger days,  growers go out of their way to hide their patch,and not gonna put any booby traps next to a road, and not or at least try to conceal any and all entrances, trails to their patch. i've seen some pretty nasty traps, and some that were nothing but a joke.

he said they came around the corner, which to me infers a road, and was 18 feet away. no self respecting grower, or poacher is gonna put a trap that close to a road that is open enough to see 5 bigfeet. hell they wouldn't even go in there.

i can't say about FT Knox but the Navy, Marine and AFB base's that i have been on are wide and clear, even red clay rd's and have names that are base related. now little pig trail rds weren't and didn't have names, but before he started stammering about where he was, he clearly said he was on FT Knox Rd.

i did a search on bing and google maps, i can't find a Ft Knox Rd listed on base, i did find a gate at Knox Blvd on Wilson Rd.  but  my search skills may be lacking. so i can't say for certain, but imho it's a bullshit story.

another thing, as one of the comments said on the video. if i saw and did something like that, i'd have no problem recalling exactly what day, time and where i was at, and not start stammering about it when telling people.

(11-24-2021, 04:51 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: i also pointed out that growers might, but from my experience as, lets just say as a hellion in my younger days,  growers go out of their way to hide their patch,and not gonna put any booby traps next to a road, and not or at least try to conceal any and all entrances, trails to their patch. i've seen some pretty nasty traps, and some that were nothing but a joke.

That's a plain fact right there. All the patches I ever knew about, you had to work to get to them, although I did know of one patch "growing wild" at a place where some folks cleaned their stash and just tossed the seeds and stems out the car window into the ditch at the side of the road - but no one was trying to protect that patch, either.

Quote: another thing, as one of the comments said on the video. if i saw and did something like that, i'd have no problem recalling exactly what day, time and where i was at, and not start stammering about it when telling people.

That too is so - I can give precise latitude and longitude for my sighting, and it's as stuck in my mind, as clear, as the night it happened. I think maybe the fear and adrenaline set the memory in stone.