Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Feel-Good Video of the Day!
A praying mantis devours a horse fly.  Back to hell, you little piece of shit  minusculebeercheers

[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
(08-03-2021, 03:18 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: A praying mantis devours a horse fly.  Back to hell, you little piece of shit  minusculebeercheers

Oh gees! And just before I was going to bed.    minusculewtf

I hate to see anything killed slowly. He could have swatted the fly first for a quick death before throwing it in to the praying mantis.

Com'on Man!   tinybighuh
(08-03-2021, 03:42 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 03:18 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: A praying mantis devours a horse fly.  Back to hell, you little piece of shit  minusculebeercheers

Oh gees! And just before I was going to bed.    minusculewtf

I hate to see anything killed slowly. He could have swatted the fly first for a quick death before throwing it in to the praying mantis.

Com'on Man!   tinybighuh

I'm an absolute lover of nature and 99.999% of animals.  A cicada killer wasp flew into my work, I grabbed a rag and gently grabbed it and let it out a window.

I won't kill spiders anymore, I'll catch and release them, because they serve a purpose.

But horse flies, mosquitos, and all their ilk get zero mercy from me, I will kill those fuckers on sight and delight in their death  tinylaughing
A very satisfying video - couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

@"Mystic Wanderer" - Why do you hate praying mantises? What did they ever do to you? Why would you want to starve one to death? They don't eat dead stuff. They have to have live prey.

I hate horse flies, deer flies, mosquitoes, spiders, bees - ANY biting or stinging tiny critter with way too many legs. I suffer none to live when I can get to it.

We have assassin bugs around here too. Fun fun fun! They've got a long gizzy like a straw attached on a hinge where their mouths ought to be. They just pounce on beetles and the like, and jab that straw in between carpace plates and suck their insides out. The ones I've seen here are a drab gray color, about 2 inches long. In Central America, they're tinier, but far more colorful.

Hurts like hell when they mistake YOU for a beetle. It's like getting stabbed with an 18 gauge needle.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-03-2021, 04:28 AM)Ninurta Wrote: A very satisfying video - couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

@"Mystic Wanderer" - Why do you hate praying mantises? What did they ever do to you? Why would you want to starve one to death? They don't eat dead stuff. They have to have live prey.

I hate horse flies, deer flies, mosquitoes, spiders, bees - ANY biting or stinging tiny critter with way too many legs. I suffer none to live when I can get to it.

We have assassin bugs around here too. Fun fun fun! They've got a long gizzy like a straw attached on a hinge where their mouths ought to be. They just pounce on beetles and the like, and jab that straw in between carpace plates and suck their insides out. The ones I've seen here are a drab gray color, about 2 inches long. In Central America, they're tinier, but far more colorful.

Hurts like hell when they mistake YOU for a beetle. It's like getting stabbed with an 18 gauge needle.

Ever hear of wheel bugs?  I think they're a type of assassin bug, and I hear their bite is excruciating.  I haven't encountered any, which is good.  For them, and for me.

[Image: brandon_woo_15080259541_cc486f56b0_k_d.jpg]
(08-03-2021, 05:38 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 04:28 AM)Ninurta Wrote: A very satisfying video - couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Ever hear of wheel bugs?  I think they're a type of assassin bug, and I hear their bite is excruciating.  I haven't encountered any, which is good.  For them, and for me.

[Image: brandon_woo_15080259541_cc486f56b0_k_d.jpg]

YES! That's the kind of bug I'm talking about, exactly. I never knew they had a name, I just knew they are giant versions of the Assassin Bugs that are smaller and more colorful in Central America. First one I ever saw was on a milkweed plant in Southwestern Virginia, so I naively thought they used that straw to suck sap out of weeds. Boy, was I wrong! Wikipedia says they get up to an inch and a half long, but I've seen them up to two inches.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

So... how do you really feel about Flys?
(08-04-2021, 12:16 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: So... how do you really feel about Flys?

While at work, I take great joy in using an 8 inch piece of blue tempered spring steel, drawing one end back like a bow, waiting for the piece of shit to land, then watch it explode as I release the steel.

One of my finest moments this summer was a decapitation I scored on one particular bastard that buzzed me for a good hour before I got it.  

They get me back though.  When I make a coffee, I leave the lid off so it cools off a bit sometime in the next half hour to be drinkable.  I went to pick my coffee up to take a sip, and what do I see floating at the top?  One of those little pieces of shit.  Not a horse fly, just it's equally shitty cousin.
(08-04-2021, 06:02 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 12:16 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: So... how do you really feel about Flys?

While at work, I take great joy in using an 8 inch piece of blue tempered spring steel, drawing one end back like a bow, waiting for the piece of shit to land, then watch it explode as I release the steel.

One of my finest moments this summer was a decapitation I scored on one particular bastard that buzzed me for a good hour before I got it.  

They get me back though.  When I make a coffee, I leave the lid off so it cools off a bit sometime in the next half hour to be drinkable.  I went to pick my coffee up to take a sip, and what do I see floating at the top?  One of those little pieces of shit.  Not a horse fly, just it's equally shitty cousin.
tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing