Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comms Off If Necessary
I think if we look how they act in Australia, it is safe to conclude that goverments might order comms taken down in any larger protest movement against lockdowns, covid idiocy, vaccine protest etc also in other countrys as/if things escalate further...They dont want people live stream these events where police is shooting people with bullets, attack old ladys etc.

Blackout Conspiracy: What happened in Melbourne today? | Opinion

The goverments tactics is to prevent negative publicity, so as allmost everyone has smarphones now with cameras, they dont like people using comms if it is about them assaulting ,beating the shit out people ... tinysure
Yep no fly zones and the blocking of wifi https://www.bitchute.com/video/niNCIthJUm6h/

(09-24-2021, 10:33 AM)727Sky Wrote: Yep no fly zones and the blocking of wifi https://www.bitchute.com/video/niNCIthJUm6h/

Yeeh and facebook doing the usual.....blocking free information flowing

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10063]

They gone full crazy there tinybigeyes

More Disgusting Police Brutality in Australia as Orange Vest Protests Continue
(09-24-2021, 11:50 AM)Kenzo Wrote:
(09-24-2021, 10:33 AM)727Sky Wrote: Yep no fly zones and the blocking of wifi https://www.bitchute.com/video/niNCIthJUm6h/

It sounds pretty serious there to me.

Folks may have to make fuller use of encryption and distributive networks like VPNs and Tor. I ran a Tor node during the protests in Iran a few years ago to help them make sure their words got out, now it may be time for them to return the favor.

The rest of us may have to be content with day old news rather than instant gratification. Even with encryption and VPNs, if they cut off ALL access to a location it will not be able to get out immediately, but will have to be smuggled offsite for a later upload. The encryption keeps the government from immediately identifying the upload, and the VPN keeps them from pinpointing an upload location.

Even then, never upload from the same location twice. Just like Dead Drops, it's bad practice to create a pattern by using the same one twice.

If your data is not working but your voice comms ARE, there is something sinister afoot - they may block data to block internet access while leaving your voice operational for tracking purposes.

It's probably better practice for folks to use non-connected devices that only passively record than connected devices that also concurrently broadcast. It's hard to find a signal that ain't there. Then smuggle the footage out for guerrilla upload some time later as above described. Hours old news is better than no news at all. No news at all leads to speculation situations like the article. That is likely why authorities have taken over key accounts and are attempting to spread "calming" disinformation on them. That isn't calming anything at all, because people know the style of their posters, and if they say or do anything out of character, folks glom on to that pretty fast - it raises more questions than answers.

This advice goes as much for the US and other countries as it does for Australia, It's coming here too, eventually. Better to get ready for it now, while we still can.

ETA: Paradoxically, some of the more readily available (on the civilian market) spy gear comes out of... China. See "808 keychain camera" for an example. I've also made use of some other Chinese made goodies, such as a cigarette lighter that records voice and video, and can be set to be voice-activated. Strangely, that one was just a gutted cigarette lighter that had it's innards replaced with off the shelf cell phone circuitry and camera, but without the broadcast ability cell phones have. It recorded to a microSD chip, same as cell phones do, and in a pinch you could remove the chip with the recording on it and toss the lighter, hiding the chip damned near anywhere. I once hid one in the cuff of my shirt sleeve by just cutting a couple threads to get it in there. Bonus stealth points if you can maneuver it directly under a button on the cuff.

Be inventive. be creative. Be security conscious.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-24-2021, 09:03 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(09-24-2021, 11:50 AM)Kenzo Wrote:

It sounds pretty serious there to me.

Folks may have to make fuller use of encryption and distributive networks like VPNs and Tor. I ran a Tor node during the protests in Iran a few years ago to help them make sure their words got out, now it may be time for them to return the favor.

The rest of us may have to be content with day old news rather than instant gratification. Even with encryption and VPNs, if they cut off ALL access to a location it will not be able to get out immediately, but will have to be smuggled offsite for a later upload. The encryption keeps the government from immediately identifying the upload, and the VPN keeps them from pinpointing an upload location.

Even then, never upload from the same location twice. Just like Dead Drops, it's bad practice to create a pattern by using the same one twice.

If your data is not working but your voice comms ARE, there is something sinister afoot - they may block data to block internet access while leaving your voice operational for tracking purposes.

It's probably better practice for folks to use non-connected devices that only passively record than connected devices that also concurrently broadcast. It's hard to find a signal that ain't there. Then smuggle the footage out for guerrilla upload some time later as above described. Hours old news is better than no news at all. No news at all leads to speculation situations like the article. That is likely why authorities have taken over key accounts and are attempting to spread "calming" disinformation on them. That isn't calming anything at all, because people know the style of their posters, and if they say or do anything out of character, folks glom on to that pretty fast - it raises more questions than answers.

This advice goes as much for the US and other countries as it does for Australia, It's coming here too, eventually. Better to get ready for it now, while we still can.

ETA: Paradoxically, some of the more readily available (on the civilian market) spy gear comes out of... China. See "808 keychain camera" for an example. I've also made use of some other Chinese made goodies, such as a cigarette lighter that records voice and video, and can be set to be voice-activated. Strangely, that one was just a gutted cigarette lighter that had it's innards replaced with off the shelf cell phone circuitry and camera, but without the broadcast ability cell phones have. It recorded to a microSD chip, same as cell phones do, and in a pinch you could remove the chip with the recording on it and toss the lighter, hiding the chip damned near anywhere. I once hid one in the cuff of my shirt sleeve by just cutting a couple threads to get it in there. Bonus stealth points if you can maneuver it directly under a button on the cuff.

Be inventive. be creative. Be security conscious.

Yeeh i thought you know more about these issues

I guess passively record would be safest, and then smuggle the footage to place where upload is possible/safe . Encryption/VPN sounds wise

I dont know does the satellite broadband internet yet work ? i know they allready have many satellites, but is it available...need satellite dish for it of cource ,Encryption/VPN/TOR should use
for that too . Maybe it`s not wise to use satellite, since they could maybe more easely indentify .

Having video sunglasses might be good idea ?

(09-25-2021, 06:44 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Yeeh i thought you know more about these issues

I guess passively record would be safest, and then smuggle the footage to place where upload is possible/safe . Encryption/VPN sounds wise

I dont know does the satellite broadband internet yet work ? i know they allready have many satellites, but is it available...need satellite dish for it of cource ,Encryption/VPN/TOR should use
for that too . Maybe it`s not wise to use satellite, since they could maybe more easely indentify .

Satellite internet has two problems: 1 - you still have to have an IP, and they can track you to that IP, even out in the middle of nowhere. What distributed networks and VPNs provide is a few thousand IP's for them to have to sift through. They turn you into a needle in a haystack, and hide which direction to even search for you in; 2 - Satellite internet is more expensive, and most companies either cap or throttle your bandwidth after a few gigabytes, so it could take days to upload a single decent sized video.

Satellite internet is good when it is the only option available, and there are places where that is the case, but you still have to take precautions to brush away your footprints into the electronic wilderness.

The glasses are a fine idea, but the camera lens is too visible, right there between the eyes. Might be a better idea to find a pair that has the lens hidden at one of the screws for the earpieces. Also a good idea to grow your hair out, to hide the bulky earpieces. That's usually where the batteries and electronics are stored, and it makes them look hefty. I have a pair here (no camera, just a pair of LED lights for fine work), and they have bulky earpieces like that. They recharge via USB, like a cell phone.

Buttonhole cameras are good, too - I had one that was mounted into a baseball cap with the lens hidden in a pin at the front of the cap. I also have one that has no camera, but 4 LED lights mounted into the brim. Batteries are in a little case at the back of the hatband, inside the hatband.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-25-2021, 07:53 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 06:44 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Yeeh i thought you know more about these issues

Satellite internet has two problems: 1 - you still have to have an IP, and they can track you to that IP, even out in the middle of nowhere. What distributed networks and VPNs provide is a few thousand IP's for them to have to sift through. They turn you into a needle in a haystack, and hide which direction to even search for you in; 2 - Satellite internet is more expensive, and most companies either cap or throttle your bandwidth after a few gigabytes, so it could take days to upload a single decent sized video.

Satellite internet is good when it is the only option available, and there are places where that is the case, but you still have to take precautions to brush away your footprints into the electronic wilderness.

The glasses are a fine idea, but the camera lens is too visible, right there between the eyes. Might be a better idea to find a pair that has the lens hidden at one of the screws for the earpieces. Also a good idea to grow your hair out, to hide the bulky earpieces. That's usually where the batteries and electronics are stored, and it makes them look hefty. I have a pair here (no camera, just a pair of LED lights for fine work), and they have bulky earpieces like that. They recharge via USB, like a cell phone.

Buttonhole cameras are good, too - I had one that was mounted into a baseball cap with the lens hidden in a pin at the front of the cap. I also have one that has no camera, but 4 LED lights mounted into the brim. Batteries are in a little case at the back of the hatband, inside the hatband.

Yeeh i gues it`s too visible, buttonhole camera would not be as visible like sunglasses .

They say us goverment listened Osama Bin Ladens satellite phone in late 90s ....and that they find Osama location in Pakistan because Osamas aide was using phone, thought  not sure did they even kill him , since body was throwed to sea they say...Osama could be now in Cuba drinking and burning big Cuban cigars tinybighuh
Ninurta:
I'm in agreement here, create an ad hoc, grassroots intel gathering network. An encrypted private meshnet can work. Even with the one watt output limit of WiFi signals, the "cantenna" directional antenna system can give you distance and added privacy with a line of sight signal. There are two-way options as well, even for encrypted data.

Unfortunately, it will have to come down to offline distribution when the government uses signal jamming devices to cover multiple frequency bands. Literal "dead drops" and "hand offs" to create a covert distribution network.

I remember back in the 80s when we didn't have an internet and used floppy disks to share data. I remember one that went around called "Operation Vampire Killer" that was being shared by the unregulated militias. I've received "hand offs" of DVDs more recently. These usually contain very controversial subjects you'd be hard pressed to find online or would have to purchase directly from the producers.

Just looked at the link . . .

"Let’s also not forget that police deployed a counter-terrorism ‘bearcat‘ yesterday, which has a plate on top that has the ability to disrupt signals and counter IED threats."

So they can jam signals, and this bearcat has thermal imagining too, of course. So mobile communications would have to be used to keep ahead of the jamming units. These could coordinate with meshnet nodes that repeat to other nodes at a distance that still have internet. Or go offline entirely at some point.
(09-25-2021, 03:07 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Ninurta:
I'm in agreement here, create an ad hoc, grassroots intel gathering network. An encrypted private meshnet can work. Even with the one watt output limit of WiFi signals, the "cantenna" directional antenna system can give you distance and added privacy with a line of sight signal. There are two-way options as well, even for encrypted data.

Unfortunately, it will have to come down to offline distribution when the government uses signal jamming devices to cover multiple frequency bands. Literal "dead drops" and "hand offs" to create a covert distribution network.

I remember back in the 80s when we didn't have an  internet and used floppy disks to share data. I remember one that went around called "Operation Vampire Killer" that was being shared by the unregulated militias. I've received "hand offs" of DVDs more recently. These usually contain very controversial subjects you'd be hard pressed to find online or would have to purchase directly from the producers.

Just looked at the link . . .

"Let’s also not forget that police deployed a counter-terrorism ‘bearcat‘ yesterday, which has a plate on top that has the ability to disrupt signals and counter IED threats."

So they can jam signals, and this bearcat has thermal imagining too, of course. So mobile communications would have to be used to keep ahead of the jamming units. These could coordinate with meshnet nodes that repeat to other nodes at a distance that still have internet. Or go offline entirely at some point.

When I lived in Kansas City, my internet was free via a meshnet. if one tracked the IP (which I did just to satisfy my curiosity) it tracked back to a service provider in a tower downtown. If one tracked it more aggressively to the finest grain, it tracked to a church across the street from me.

I don't know if you're old enough to recall the "guerrilla radio broadcasters" of the early 70's, but one man in a van with the right equipment, and on the move, was damned difficult for them to triangulate. Whenever they got to the broadcast site, the broadcast site was somewhere else. I think you're right, some combination of that with a meshnet might be the way to go. The problem would be ferrying the signal from somewhere outside the jamming range to the entry into the meshnet, past jammimg, and that would likely require hardwiring, maybe through older telephone lines. They can jam a radio signal, but have to disconnect the hardwire. It's probably more cost effective and secure to just hand carry the material outside jammer range and upload it from a mobile outpost.

With the advent of "trusted computing", they are now able to block specific files all across the internet if they have a mind to. "Trusted computing" was chosen as a designation to give the false impression that you could trust your computing to be safe from hackers, but nothing is ever safe from hackers. What it really means to insiders is that THEY can trust YOU to only use your computer in an approved manner, since they can block files on a per-file basis now.

Windows 10 is a danger to free speech for that very reason. Win10 is built around TPM chips, which means "Trusted Platform Module" chips. In the same way that Windows 10 can be automatically force-updated at their will, and auto updates can no longer be disabled, they can use it to blacklist any file they like - or more importantly, any file they DON'T like. I personally believe that all the problems with Windows 10 updates in the early days of Win10, where it was simply removing certain programs and files for no apparent reason, was a proof of concept test of that very thing, on a wide scale.

So, it may behoove folks to get a small netbook on which they can install Linux to get around that danger. Not a Chromebook, as Google is in on the act and ChromeOS is a pain in the ass to work with, but a netbook. Cell phones are more problematic. Whether Android or iphone, their operating system is at the pleasure of someone else, Google and Apple respectively. For that reason, I would recommend an un-wified camera independent of cell phone cameras for guerrilla journalism. Something that uses easily concealable microSD chips as a recording medium.

For example, I have an old Acer netbook that I built out of two broken ones. I combined the ram from both into the build to double the ram, and that gave me enough horsepower to install both Linux and Windows 7 Professional in a dual-boot setup, instead of the Win7 Starter low-powered version that came with it. I rarely ever use it, so it's not been out in the wilds of the internet to be fingerprinted yet. For my cameras, I get the microSD chips that come with a normal SD chip sized adapter. In a pinch, I can slip out the adapter, slip the chip out of that and drop it into a cuff, and run like hell for the next point in the network... or to a dead drop or a hand-off.

Most surveillance or "spy cameras" already have a reader built-in for microSD. All the ones I've had were set up like that.

USB drives, and tiny USB readers for microSD have become truly tiny. I have some here that are no bigger than just the USB connector with just enough of a nib the catch a thumbnail on to get it back out of the connection, about the size of a USB dongle for a wireless mouse. One of those, with a 256 or 512 GB chip, and a copy of "VeraCrypt" (free encryption program, successor to "TrueCrypt") can go a long way to disseminate loads of orphaned intel pretty securely. You just have to transmit the passphrase via alternate channels so the chip and the passphrase don't travel together. I have some stashed about with machinist's drawings for various devices and manuals that might be useful for various versions of mayhem, and some with videos downloaded to local that YouTube keeps disappearing from their platform.

There must be some reason they keep disappearing that stuff, eh? But like Mr. Universe said in "Serenity", "They can't stop the signal, Mal".

And, finally, if one happens to have a belt with a metal aiglet tip on it, behind that tip, or underneath it, is a mighty fine place to stash microSD chips. Out of sight, out of mind, and out of x-ray range.