Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cheese Rolling...Haven't Laughed this Hard in Years

I haven't laughed that hard in years.  I've never heard of this, but hats off to them I guess, I'd be in a medically induced coma if I attempted that.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
OMG  tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing

That was gold. The lunatics flopping down the hill in a bone destroying manner, old dudes narration, and of course the rolling cheese.
(02-15-2022, 01:39 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: OMG  tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing

That was gold. The lunatics flopping down the hill in a bone destroying manner, old dudes narration, and of course the rolling cheese.

That girl who rag dolled down the hill has apparently won 4 or 5 times  tinylaughing
OMG!  tinywhat

My Head and Butt Hurts Now! 
Funny as hell though  smallroflmao
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(02-15-2022, 04:34 PM)guohua Wrote: OMG!  tinywhat

I'm trying to figure out just how drunk you have to be to launch yourself down that hill.  Or how drunk do you have to be to tumble down completely limp, minimizing damage?
(02-16-2022, 05:28 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 04:34 PM)guohua Wrote: OMG!  tinywhat

I'm trying to figure out just how drunk you have to be to launch yourself down that hill.  Or how drunk do you have to be to tumble down completely limp, minimizing damage?

A lot drunker than I've been in a Very Long Time.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I've never seen anything like it. I stand in awe at the reckless abandon!

The closest I have ever come to anything like that was chasing a deer. I shot the deer, and it started running, so I took off after it, figuring I could eventually catch it when it bled down. Ran straight down a hillside full tilt after it, and it was only after I was half way down, or maybe2/3 of the way, that I realized I could not stop running. To do so would have been suicidal, and would have launched me straight into oblivion.

So I kept going, secure in the knowledge that eventually, gravity would assist me in slowing down once I started up the opposite hillside.

It turned out to be unfortunate that I failed to account for the creek running through the holler between the hills. Even more unfortunate that I failed to account for the quick-mud on both sides of the creek.

Still, I gave it a bully effort, mostly because there was nothing else I could do. Momentum carried me across the mud on the near side of the creek, but when I tried to jump the creek, fate took the steering wheel. Made it across the creek in one jump, spurred on by momentum, but when I landed on the far side, gravity took over and I sank up into the mud almost to my hips. that served to arrest the forward motion of my legs, but momentum took control of my upper body, and a faceplant into the mud resulted. A really FAST faceplant.

BAMSPLAT!

I did extract myself from the quickmud, but it sucked to boots right off my feet, so I had to turn around and flatten out on it to present more surface area to the mud while I fished my boots back out of it.

Then I ran onward up the next hill after the deer. I got it around 2/3 of the way to the top. I was a pretty mess, but I had my supper in hand.

My companion on that hunt, obviously much wiser than I, sat it out on the top of the first hill, laughing so hard at me that he nearly burst asunder.

I gave him part of the deer anyhow.

Now that was of a necessity, unlike tumbling ass over appetite after a rolling wheel of cheese.

That boggles the mind. I like cheese, but not THAT much!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-15-2022, 04:22 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: That girl who rag dolled down the hill has apparently won 4 or 5 times  tinylaughing

Professionalism at its best!

Think of the training that goes into such a dangerous sport. Eight cans of corner-shop discount lager
and a bus-ticket to get you to Cooper's Hill in Gloucester. Yet, still no mention of the sport being admitted
into the Olympics.

It's a disgrace, I tell you.
tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(02-16-2022, 09:33 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 04:22 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: That girl who rag dolled down the hill has apparently won 4 or 5 times  tinylaughing

Think of the training that goes into such a dangerous sport. Eight cans of corner-shop discount lager
and a bus-ticket to get you to Cooper's Hill in Gloucester. Yet, still no mention of the sport being admitted
into the Olympics.

tinybiggrin

I dunno, man. I'm not sure 8 cans would be sufficient. I drink that a night, every night, plus a few drams of rum, and I don't think that would do it. On the plus side, due to my obviously rigorous training regimen, it looks like I may be just a bus ticket to Gloucester away from being a gold medalist!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-16-2022, 09:33 AM)BIAD Wrote:

into the Olympics.

tinybiggrin
I would watch that olympic event on repeat  tinylaughing