Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
head pack dream
An amusing dream early this morning.

So, in the dream, my wife and I are visiting a military base on a day it is open to the public.  There are soldiers to speak with.

We speak with a stocky African-American soldier.

He has an oval piece of canvas webbing draped over his head.  There are large, cargo-style pockets on this "head pack".

We are informed that this gear allows the wearer to carry SIXTY FIVE KILOGRAMS on his head!

I smiled when I woke up.  That is roughly 155 pounds -- I think one's neck would be mighty sore trying to carry that much weight close by the head.

But hey -- maybe it is the next development in load bearing equipment.  tinylaughing

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Oh lordy! Now you've given the boys at Natick an idea for their next brainstorm!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-29-2021, 06:09 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: An amusing dream early this morning.

So, in the dream, my wife and I are visiting a military base on a day it is open to the public.  There are soldiers to speak with.

He has an oval piece of canvas webbing draped over his head.  There are large, cargo-style pockets on this "head pack".

We are informed that this gear allows the wearer to carry SIXTY FIVE KILOGRAMS on his head!

I smiled when I woke up.  That is roughly 155 pounds -- I think one's neck would be mighty sore trying to carry that much weight close by the head.

But hey -- maybe it is the next development in load bearing equipment.  tinylaughing

Cheers

have you been reading or watching anything that may have had Sherpas or Porters in/on it? it's said that they can carry up to 175% of their body weight.

here are a couple of links,
NPR
How Does A Nepalese Porter Carry So Much Weight?

This one got some Good pictures, checkout the load they are carrying with just a strap warped around and over their head

What Makes These Porters So Strong That They Can Carry Loads More Than Their Bodyweight?
[Image: TWBB.png]

DARPA is on the case!
(09-29-2021, 06:09 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: An amusing dream early this morning.

Cheers

Pretty neat dream there. Hmmm, maybe the Army is working on something like this already? :)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
@"ChiefD" 

I often have dreams that relate to my military service or work career.  Perhaps my mind is curious why the burning topics of those years aren't actively considered anymore  tinybiggrin

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]