Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Parallel Society Coming ?
I've been screaming and waving my arms to create a parallel society for some time now. Andrew Torba is making progress on getting it done. It's the only way a free society will continue to exist.

The biggest problem, I think, will be in the financial segment of that new society. Bad actors are pretty well entrenched in the financial system, and will fight tooth and nail to prevent folks from leaving it.  When they lose people, they lose money, and when they lose money, they lose power... and folks in power never willingly give it up. Most people have been bred into the notion that chasing the almighty dollar is the dream of freedom. I think it's the nightmare of slavery, and people don't seem to realize it. They should - it's been recognized for millennia now - "the love of money is the root of all evil" has been around a long, long time. Bad actors WILL use that against people in order to keep them enslaved, and as I mentioned before they pretty much control all aspects of the financial system, so they are well placed to thwart a parallel society.

The only parallel financial system entirely independent of the current entrenched one that I can think of is barter. That's where the current slave system started, and it's likely where any new parallel financial structure will have to start, too. Established currencies are all controlled by bankers and their ilk, so it's unlikely that any headway can be made in creating a new financial system using THEIR currencies, that THEY control. So, since fiat payment will be untenable, barter is the only alternative I can think of to base any new, independent currencies on.

We can create parallel structures in every other arena of human endeavor. It's the money they can use to control us with, so we will have to find a way out of that.

Some folks scream "cryptocurrency!", but when the big dogs flip the switch and turn off the electricity to the computers holding that crypto, it vanishes, POOF! and is gone. That's why I never got into the cryptocurrency racket. It's just another racket, just another handle they can control folks with, while at the same time making some believe it's a route to freedom.

Paradoxically, they use folks' desire for freedom to enslave them, via financial transactions. We have to break that mindset, leave it, and refuse to let OTHER folks define what is freedom for US.

ETA: For the first 150 or 200 years of life out here in the boonies of Appalachia, hard money was in short supply and barter was a necessity, a way of life. That's where calling a dollar a "buck" came from - using buckskins as a medium of exchange, a means of facilitating trade.  Produce and products of the frontier made it back into civilization, but money didn't much make it back out here into the hinterlands. Some did, but very, very little. Instead, the money generated by those products was used to buy other useful and usable products which made their way out here to be used for barter. So it IS doable, we just have to generate the will to do it.

The only things you ever really own are the tangible things you can hold in your hand - except money. None of us really owns the money in our wallets or bank accounts. The governments and bankers always, ALWAYS actually own and control that. They can manipulate it's "value" at will, and always have done so. When they can do that, YOU don't really own it - THEY are just allowing you to borrow it for a minute, and can take it back any old time they like by devaluing it. Then it's not worth the paper it's printed on, or the electrons it's made out of.

I have a Zimbabwean 50 cent piece, one of the first ever minted, dated 1980. It is worth 1/ 50 BILLIONTH of it's face value, due to rampant hyper inflation. The metals it is made from are worth far, far more than the face value of the coin. I keep it to remind me of who REALLY controls the money supply in the current world. They do that by manipulating values. Even the value of gold gets manipulated, so even the much vaunted gold coins are, in reality, no hedge against the cold.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Parallel Society Coming ? - by Kenzo - 09-14-2021, 05:54 PM
RE: Parallel Society Coming ? - by guohua - 09-14-2021, 06:02 PM
RE: Parallel Society Coming ? - by Ninurta - 09-14-2021, 06:37 PM
RE: Parallel Society Coming ? - by Kenzo - 09-14-2021, 07:05 PM
RE: Parallel Society Coming ? - by VioletDove - 09-14-2021, 08:34 PM
RE: Parallel Society Coming ? - by Ninurta - 09-14-2021, 11:19 PM
RE: Parallel Society Coming ? - by Snarl - 09-15-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: Parallel Society Coming ? - by hounddoghowlie - 09-15-2021, 05:16 PM
RE: Parallel Society Coming ? - by Snarl - 10-05-2021, 02:48 PM
RE: Parallel Society Coming ? - by Ninurta - 09-15-2021, 07:28 PM
RE: Parallel Society Coming ? - by Snarl - 10-05-2021, 02:52 PM