Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Airline Stuff
Delta is charging 200 a month from unvaccinated employees to cover the extra health charge if they contract COVID. This will hurt the flight attendants or new hires more than anyone.

American and Alaska Airlines, are not going to allow an unvaccinated employee to use sick leave while in the hospital. Their covered due to the insurance, but it will be classified unpaid leave.

United the most abusive of all as they are giving all employees 6 weeks to get the vaccination or face termination procedures.

I am so glad I am away from all the mandated madness. Many of my friends are retiring or taking an early out; others are taking the shot to keep their jobs. Only time will tell who made the right decision. 

Captains with a major Airline have seniority and are making around 200,000 a year plus or minus depending on equipment. It is not like you can walk out the door and be a Captain for another airline unless you want to go to some Arab country...

With the airline market the way it is with many all ready laid off and waiting for a recall this picture is not pretty for all concerned. Luckily most of my Captain friends who worked until 65 retired within the last two years; but all the first officers who are now captains are the ones facing the dilemma of what to do. Hard to walk away and leave a good paying job and give up a couple of million in retirement IMO with no future job prospects.
One of my interests is looking at the FlightRadar24 website to see who is causing that faint sound I hear
in the sky from time-to-time and it astounds me how the Covid narrative is constantly rolled-out and reality
is ignored.

Here's an average image of Europe and the air traffic displayed on that site.
The frequency of commercial air traffic didn't dwindle during the heights of the scamdemic plague in this part
of the world and I know that the Coof hasn't evolved wings!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10020]

If the Governments around the world were doing their upmost to stop this so-called 'highly-transmissible' disease,
why didn't they just stop the planes from carrying people around the world?
I thought everyone had to stay indoors...? Who were on these aircraft?

So how did a China-originated virus spread across the world?!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(09-12-2021, 04:54 AM)727Sky Wrote: Delta is charging 200 a month from unvaccinated employees to cover the extra health charge if they contract COVID. This will hurt the flight attendants or new hires more than anyone.

American and Alaska Airlines, are not going to allow an unvaccinated employee to use sick leave while in the hospital. Their covered due to the insurance, but it will be classified unpaid leave.

United the most abusive of all as they are giving all employees 6 weeks to get the vaccination or face termination procedures.

I am so glad I am away from all the mandated madness. Many of my friends are retiring or taking an early out; others are taking the shot to keep their jobs. Only time will tell who made the right decision. 

Captains with a major Airline have seniority and are making around 200,000 a year plus or minus depending on equipment. It is not like you can walk out the door and be a Captain for another airline unless you want to go to some Arab country...

With the airline market the way it is with many all ready laid off and waiting for a recall this picture is not pretty for all concerned. Luckily most of my Captain friends who worked until 65 retired within the last two years; but all the first officers who are now captains are the ones facing the dilemma of what to do. Hard to walk away and leave a good paying job and give up a couple of million in retirement IMO with no future job prospects.

It`s all insane , to demand pilots taking the killer jab. It can jeopardize passanger safety also....

I think it will backfire, once the pilot crew who did take the jab end up sick or die.....then this could turn to situation where there is high demand of pilots , so maybe they will have to pray pilots coming back someday.

I been looking this site to see if something big would start happen....right now it dont show much anything unusual to me

Flightaware

Qantas pilot not happy either

Captain Graham Hood, Qantas Pilot of 53 Years Tells it Like it is
(09-12-2021, 11:16 AM)Kenzo Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 04:54 AM)727Sky Wrote: Delta is charging 200 a month from unvaccinated employees to cover the extra health charge if they contract COVID. This will hurt the flight attendants or new hires more than anyone.

It`s all insane , to demand pilots taking the killer jab. It can jeopardize passanger safety also....

I think it will backfire, once the pilot crew who did take the jab end up sick or die.....then this could turn to situation where there is high demand of pilots , so maybe they will have to pray pilots coming back someday.

I been looking this site to see if something big would start happen....right now it dont show much anything unusual to me

Flightaware

Yes I saw Captain Hoods video a few days ago.. thanks for posting
(09-12-2021, 01:55 PM)727Sky Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 11:16 AM)Kenzo Wrote:

Flightaware

Yes I saw Captain Hoods video a few days ago.. thanks for posting

It look`s like soon as next year there could be more demand than there is supply of pilots...if these articles are accurate 

Analysis: Pilot Shortage 2.0 on Horizon Unless Airlines Act

Wow: By 2030 There Could Be A Pilot Shortage Of 60,000

Pilot Shortage Could Return in 2022
I am guessing since the airlines have taken so much government bail out money over the years, they will bend the knee quite easily.

My Grandfather was a pilot for United for many years. It was a great paying job and flying was in his blood. Did it from right after WWII/Berlin Airlift until he retired. Not sure what he might say about it these days. 

I share his love of flight and aircraft but I would need a really, really good reason to fly commercial these days. Just not worth it IMHO. The idea of sitting in the car and puttering along the road feels much better. No one in my business and I am not being treated like cattle. 

It's a shame really. Looking at all the old pictures of air travel in the past is pretty amazing. Who wouldn't want to do it?
@"ABNARTY" 

In the old days of flying commercial, there were not super offers on ticket prices AFAIK.  There were first class and economy class fares, and economy fare was not a steal.

In time it became a mass transportation service and services like short hops competed with trains and buses.  The heyday of this era was probably September 10, 2001.

IMO, the "flying experience" has gone far downhill since then, with most of the irritation, again IMO, being attributable to experiences in the airport vice the aircraft itself.  The carriers also did crappy things, though.  Reduced legroom has really made flying for long periods miserable, especially when one is no longer young and limber.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]