Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Summary of Terrorism Threat to the U.S. Homeland
Quote:
[Image: NTAS_web-banner-blue-bulletin.png]
Date Issued:  Friday, August 13, 2021 02:00 pm ET
View as PDF:  National Terrorism Advisory System Bulletin - August 13, 2021 (pdf, 2 page, 234.89KB)
Summary of Terrorism Threat to the U.S. Homeland
The Secretary of Homeland Security has issued a new National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) Bulletin regarding the current heightened threat environment across the United States.  The Homeland continues to face a diverse and challenging threat environment leading up to and following the 20th Anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attacks as well religious holidays we assess could serve as a catalyst for acts of targeted violence. These threats include those posed by domestic terrorists, individuals and groups engaged in grievance-based violence, and those inspired or motivated by foreign terrorists and other malign foreign influences. These actors are increasingly exploiting online forums to influence and spread violent extremist narratives and promote violent activity. Such threats are also exacerbated by impacts of the ongoing global pandemic, including grievances over public health safety measures and perceived government restrictions.
Duration
Issued:  August 13, 2021 02:00 pm
Expires:  November 11, 2021 02:00 pm
Additional Details
  • Through the remainder of 2021, racially- or ethnically-motivated violent extremists (RMVEs) and anti-government/anti-authority violent extremists will remain a national threat priority for the United States. These extremists may seek to exploit the emergence of COVID-19 variants by viewing the potential re-establishment of public health restrictions across the United States as a rationale to conduct attacks.  Pandemic-related stressors have contributed to increased societal strains and tensions, driving several plots by domestic violent extremists, and they may contribute to more violence this year.
  • Additionally, leading up to the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, Al-Qa’ida in the Arabian Peninsula recently released its first English-language copy of Inspire magazine in over four years, which demonstrates that foreign terrorist organizations continue efforts to inspire U.S.-based individuals susceptible to violent extremist influences.
  • Historically, mass-casualty domestic violent extremist attacks linked to RMVEs have targeted houses of worship and crowded commercial facilities or gatherings. Some RMVEs advocate via online platforms for a race war and have stated that civil disorder provides opportunities to engage in violence in furtherance of ideological objectives. The reopening of institutions, including schools, as well as several dates of religious significance over the next few months, could also provide increased targets of opportunity for violence though there are currently no credible or imminent threats identified to these locations.
  • Foreign and domestic threat actors, to include foreign intelligence services, international terrorist groups and domestic violent extremists, continue to introduce, amplify, and disseminate narratives online that promote violence, and have called for violence against elected officials, political representatives, government facilities, law enforcement, religious communities or commercial facilities, and perceived ideologically-opposed individuals. There are also continued, non-specific calls for violence on multiple online platforms associated with DVE ideologies or conspiracy theories on perceived election fraud and alleged reinstatement, and responses to anticipated restrictions relating to the increasing COVID cases.
  • Ideologically motivated violent extremists fueled by personal grievances and extremist ideological beliefs continue to derive inspiration and obtain operational guidance through the consumption of information shared in certain online communities. This includes information regarding the use of improvised explosive devices and small arms.
  • Violent extremists may use particular messaging platforms or techniques to obscure operational indicators that provide specific warning of a pending act of violence.
  • Law enforcement have expressed concerns that the broader sharing of false narratives and conspiracy theories will gain traction in mainstream environments, resulting in individuals or small groups embracing violent tactics to achieve their desired objectives. With a diverse array of threats, DHS is concerned that increased outbreaks of violence in some locations, as well as targeted attacks against law enforcement, may strain local resources.
  • Nation-state adversaries have increased efforts to sow discord. For example, Russian, Chinese and Iranian government-linked media outlets have repeatedly amplified conspiracy theories concerning the origins of COVID-19 and effectiveness of vaccines; in some cases, amplifying calls for violence targeting persons of Asian descent.
How We Are Responding
  • DHS will continue to identify and evaluate calls for violence, including online activity associated with the spread of disinformation, conspiracy theories, and false narratives, by known or suspected threat actors and provide updated information, as necessary.
  • DHS continues to encourage the public to maintain awareness of the evolving threat environment and report suspicious activity.
  • DHS is coordinating with state and local law enforcement and public safety partners to maintain situational awareness of potential violence in their jurisdictions and maintain open lines of communication with federal partners.
  • DHS is also advancing authoritative sources of information to debunk and, when possible, preempt false narratives and intentional disinformation, and providing educational materials to promote resilience to the risks associated with interacting with and spreading disinformation, conspiracy theories and false narratives. 
  • More broadly, DHS remains committed to identifying and preventing terrorism and targeted violence while protecting the privacy, civil rights, and civil liberties of all persons.
How You Can Help Be Prepared and Stay Informed
  • Be prepared for emergency situations and remain aware of circumstances that may place you at risk.
  • Maintain digital media literacy to recognize and build resilience to false and harmful narratives.
  • Make note of your surroundings and the nearest security personnel.
  • Government agencies will provide details about emerging threats as information is identified. The public is encouraged to listen to local authorities and public safety officials.
If You See Something, Say Something®. Report suspicious activity to local law enforcement or call 911.

https://www.dhs.gov/ntas/advisory/nation...st-13-2021
The first person or people who should be turned in to Homeland security are those responsible for border security as they are responsible for the endangerment of the country and the people therein. .
(08-14-2021, 07:30 AM)727Sky Wrote: The first person or people who should be turned in to Homeland security are those responsible for border security as they are responsible for the endangerment of the country and the people therein. .

This may be one of the most important videos I've seen in years.

I've noticed a recent uptick in fake news designed to terrorize conservatives - things like "covid camps are coming", with absolutely no basis in the documents cited. They are banking on people just skimming the documents instead of actually reading them with a critical eye, and they use that to create a fake impression and inject terror into conservatives, causing them to panic and stop thinking.

Just like the video explains. 

Several times now, I've had to calm people down in a panic over that fake news. Once it was my own sister who got pushed into a panic by just skimming the documents and READING the fake news story into them, when they actually said no such thing. In other words, folks are using the made up story to inform the narrative of the actual documents. It's bass ackwards. They are treating the made-up story as the actual source, rather than the actual documents it claims to come from.

I'm certain it's the bad guys creating these stories. What they are doing is tailoring a tale meant to induce panic, then infiltrating just a few websites frequented by conservatives and dropping it there. One of those sites is "Infowars", and another is "Natural News". Both are carrying panic-inducing propaganda for the enemy now. From there, conservatives are picking up the ball and running far and wide with it, creating an unreasonable panic everywhere they drop it.

They are carrying the water for the enemy when they do that, helping him to destroy their own movement.

It's friggin' diabolical.

Panic makes you stop thinking. When you stop thinking, you are easy prey. Don't panic.

[Image: Dont-Panic.jpg]

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-14-2021, 10:32 AM)Ninurta Wrote: They are carrying the water for the enemy when they do that, helping him to destroy their own movement.
It's friggin' diabolical.

Words of wisdom.
minusculethumbsup

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9827]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
OK... so after digging into this, I have a question. Who ISN"T a possible suspected terrorist? 

What would someone have to do, to not be considered a possible threat? Besides be dead with your name and memory stricken from all history.

If I wasn't knuckle dragging mouth breather, I would say it looks like the DHS is simply making up threats in order to expand their budget share. Not that these federal security/IC  agencies would ever do something like that. No way.
(08-14-2021, 08:35 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: OK... so after digging into this, I have a question. Who ISN"T a possible suspected terrorist? 

What would someone have to do, to not be considered a possible threat? Besides be dead with your name and memory stricken from all history.

Bingo! When you're dead, you suddenly become a Democrat voter, and therefore by default cannot be a terrorist.

Quote:If I wasn't knuckle dragging mouth breather, I would say it looks like the DHS is simply making up threats in order to expand their budget share. Not that these federal security/IC  agencies would ever do something like that. No way.

I think we have a winner! Daddy's little Fusion Center needs a new pair of shoes!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

All of this could be the prep for America's social scoring system.. Which would not surprise me for some reason..
(08-14-2021, 10:39 PM)727Sky Wrote: All of this could be the prep for America's social scoring system.. Which would not surprise me for some reason..

I opted out of their financial credit score system, so I don't care at all about their social credit scoring system, either. I wasn't put here to make anyone giddy in social settings. matter of fact, I avoid social setting whenever possible anyhow.

Oh, they can take my ability to buy or sell in THEIR system and network, just like they took my ability to bum money inside their financial networks, but all that's going to do is create a thriving black market. I didn't care about being excluded from their financial networks, and I don't care about being excluded from their social networks, either. For example, the BidenHarris regime is allegedly floating an idea to require travel papers in the form of vaccination cards to cross state lines. I give no shits, do or don't, I don't care. Fact is, I learned how to cross borders to do illegal shit long ago, and I've not forgotten the tricks of the trade.

I already have underground elements in 4 of the 5 surrounding states. They can come at me whenever they feel froggy enough to jump. Real world, on the ground networks are being built while they are pissing in the wind playing head games.

ETA: Thanks, USGOV, for making digital terrain models down to 1m resolution available. Those really help! Also, I might suggest turning the GPS system off, or making it unavailable to civilians, but then that might really piss off hordes of Gen-Xers looking for the nearest Starbucks and create a hell of a backlash against you, now wouldn't it? Might wreak havoc on air travel and maritime shipping, too, and that would really leave your asses in a sling too, now wouldn't it? Of course, I doubt the Russians are feeling overly cooperative with you at the moment, so it's pretty unlikely they'd turn GLONASS off to accommodate you, so it might be an exercise in futility anyhow...

If enough people can stop panicking and start thinking, "they". the totalitarians, are well and truly fucked.

Look`s more and more like Bolshevik secret police tinybigeyes

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9835]

DHS: Americans Opposed to CV Lockdown Measures Are Terrorists

The Cheka
Quote:
  • Through the remainder of 2021, racially- or ethnically-motivated violent extremists (RMVEs) and anti-government/anti-authority violent extremists will remain a national threat priority for the United States. These extremists may seek to exploit the emergence of COVID-19 variants by viewing the potential re-establishment of public health restrictions across the United States as a rationale to conduct attacks.  Pandemic-related stressors have contributed to increased societal strains and tensions, driving several plots by domestic violent extremists, and they may contribute to more violence this year.

Be it it known to all by these presents: I do not conduct attacks. I am, however, prone to conduct pretty extreme defense whenever attacked. So, their best bet is to leave me the hell alone and not attack me - no attack, no need for a defense.

Just sayin'. Stay the hell away from me, don't tread my ground, everybody happy, nobody hurt or dead. NB: "Public spaces" are also "my ground". I'm part of the public, and if everybody owns that space, I'm included. 

Just food for thought, and a word to the wise. Don't attack me, and all is well.

(08-14-2021, 10:32 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 07:30 AM)727Sky Wrote: The first person or people who should be turned in to Homeland security are those responsible for border security as they are responsible for the endangerment of the country and the people therein. .

This may be one of the most important videos I've seen in years.

I've noticed a recent uptick in fake news designed to terrorize conservatives - things like "covid camps are coming", with absolutely no basis in the documents cited. They are banking on people just skimming the documents instead of actually reading them with a critical eye, and they use that to create a fake impression and inject terror into conservatives, causing them to panic and stop thinking.

Just like the video explains. 

Here's one that's a bit dated and is from a fine fictional movie, but the underlying message is the same.
What one thinks about and conducts oneself is daily effected by visual and audio influence from parties that may not
have one's best interests at heart.

The best manner of changing minds is to reinforce or erode particular embedded beliefs that were cultivated when the
target was young and 'protected' by the trust of their parents.

Remember, this segment is from a fictional movie... nothing is required from you and we hope you have a pleasant
experience. Thank you for your cooperation.
tinybiggrin

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Quote:. . . including online activity associated with the spread of disinformation, conspiracy theories, and false narratives, by known or suspected threat actors

Like the MSM, the so-called "experts" and the Biden administration?

I didn't think so.
[Image: 9a1afb176fbb6eab.jpg]