Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dumbing Down
This should really upset some of you, Of-Course is it a Democrat Governor that has made this recommendation.
They just don't want your Children to be able to think for themselves just do what they are told and live off of what the Government allots them. 

Quote:Oregon governor signs bill suspending math, reading proficiency requirements for HS graduates

Most Republicans have come out against the bill

That's right, allowing the young to be Illiterate and Not Advance in Life, BUT be controlled by Social Media and the MSM.
Quote:Gov. Kate Brown, the Oregon Democrat, signed a bill last month with little fanfare that drops the requirement that high school students prove proficiency in reading, writing or math before graduation, a report said.

The Oregonian reported that the governor has seemed to avoid discussing Senate Bill 744.
Her move to sign the bill was "not public until recently, because her office did not hold a signing ceremony or issue press release."

The paper also pointed out that the bill was first signed on July 14 but not added into the state’s database until July 29 due to a glitch in the system.

Why do you think she didn't want this Bill to be released to the Public????
Was she afraid the Parents might get Upset that she is pushing for the Dumbing Down of their Children?
Quote:In June, state lawmakers voted to approve the bill that suspended the requirements for students for three years, KATU reported. Foundations for a Better

Oregon said in a statement at the time that the bill is intended to "truly reflect what every student needs to thrive in the 21st century."
Supporters of the bill insist that considering math and reading essential skills has been an unfair challenge for students who do not test well.

The report said the requirement was first suspended at the start of the pandemic.
Students that do not Test Well,,,, WTF!!!???  tinysure
Then You Study Harder or just Be Stupid all your life!
How do you THRIVE in the 21st Century if you can not Read, Write or do some Math and Critical Thinking? 
Here, Put your "X" there where your name goes,,,,,, Special Child!

Quote:Charles Boyle, the deputy communications director from Brown’s office, told the paper in an email that staff from the governor’s office informed legislative staffers about the bill's signing on the day it was passed.

He also said that the new standards for graduation will help benefit the state’s "Black, Latino, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of color."
WHAT??
HELP, How does this Help?? 
Just keep them Stupid, that Helps??? 
Source
What are your Thoughts?
You Really don't want my Thoughts and Remedy for the Disease Called Liberalism!!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
It won't help anyone, but it will erode even more the value of a high school diploma (which has much degraded since the 1960s).

Whole school system needs to be junked.  It is an artifact of the 19th century and is now misused, as @"Ninurta" so aptly pointed out, to indoctrinate vice educate the children.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(08-11-2021, 06:09 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: It won't help anyone, but it will erode even more the value of a high school diploma (which has much degraded since the 1960s).

Whole school system needs to be junked.  It is an artifact of the 19th century and is now misused, as @"Ninurta" so aptly pointed out, to indoctrinate vice educate the children.

Cheers

I completely agree!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-11-2021, 06:13 PM)guohua Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 06:09 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: It won't help anyone, but it will erode even more the value of a high school diploma (which has much degraded since the 1960s).

Cheers

I completely agree!

Then by implication, Whites are Superior.

"He also said that the new standards for graduation will help benefit the state’s "Black, Latino, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of color."
(08-11-2021, 06:05 PM)guohua Wrote: WHAT??
Source
What are your Thoughts?
You Really don't want my Thoughts and Remedy for the Disease Called Liberalism!!

It "helps" them because many employers still look for a high school diploma as an indicator that a potential employee is educated to a certain level. This destroys that assumption, so while it helps uneducated folks find work, it hurts employers who are attempting to build a competent workforce.

So, if I ever hire anyone from Oregon, I will just make sure they graduated in 2019 or before. Simples. A post-2019 Oregon diploma will just be an absolute bar to employment with me. Now, that would tend to hurt legitimate Oregon graduates, but I can't help that if I have a business to build. I have to look out for my business and my more educated employees. Their parents should have prepared them better by moving to another state where their education would have been assured. Not my problem.

Years and years ago, formal education was by rote. Students were taught the "Three R's" of readin', writin', and 'rithmetic, without going into any great detail of the why of things, or teaching the student to think - they were expected to learn that at home. So they were simply given the tools to succeed at school, and the application of those tools was the responsibility of the family.

That was how my Dear Old Dad was educated.

Later, when I went to school, they still taught us to read, and write, and "figger" math problems, but more than that, they taught us how to think independently and logically. What to think ABOUT, what to figure out, how to act, and how to apply our knowledge tools were all still functions of the home environment.

Later still, when my son was in school, they had taken to trying to teach him WHAT to think, and HOW to think it. That part of his education didn't take well, because I countermanded their teachings in those arenas and installed my own in him, because I wanted him to be prepared for life in the real world, and they weren't concentrating on that any more.

He has recently been promoted to Area Manager at his job, above some of his "properly" educated peers, so it may be that I finally got one thing right in this world.

My grand children, if they are subjected to what passes as a public "education", will in no way be prepared for life in the real world. They will be state-created automatons, as these Oregonian children will be. But I have faith. One of the things I installed in my son was the IMPORTANCE of being able to think independently, and his wife was subjected to a similar sort of education. I have faith that they will pass that on to the grandkids, because they can see what is going on around them.

Increasingly in the modern US, the education kids get at home is far more important than the indoctrination they get in what passes as school in the modern world. That credibility gap is ever widening, day by day.

The world has come a long way since the days of my great grand father, who got about 3 months of schoolin' a year, if he was lucky. Farming priorities overrode schooling priorities in those days, so he only got to go to school when there was nothing to be done in the fields, and he signed his name with an "X" on account of that.

BUT - just because the world has come a long way does not mean it has been travelling the correct road. It veered off into the weeds somewhere along the line. You can travel a long way, and still be travelling in the wrong direction.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I can't wrap my mind around thinking like this. Is this another ploy by the elite to turn us into a third world country? 
Sure seems that way. 

I can't believe what these people are doing to our country, and people just sit back and twiddle their thumbs. Let the other guy do something about it; I'm too busy watching The Kardashians.   

smalltappinghead
(08-11-2021, 06:05 PM)guohua Wrote: This should really upset some of you, Of-Course is it a Democrat Governor that has made this recommendation.
They just don't want your Children to be able to think for themselves just do what they are told and live off of what the Government allots them. 

Quote:Oregon governor signs bill suspending math, reading proficiency requirements for HS graduates

Most Republicans have come out against the bill

That's right, allowing the young to be Illiterate and Not Advance in Life, BUT be controlled by Social Media and the MSM.
Quote:Gov. Kate Brown, the Oregon Democrat, signed a bill last month with little fanfare that drops the requirement that high school students prove proficiency in reading, writing or math before graduation, a report said.

The Oregonian reported that the governor has seemed to avoid discussing Senate Bill 744.
Her move to sign the bill was "not public until recently, because her office did not hold a signing ceremony or issue press release."

The paper also pointed out that the bill was first signed on July 14 but not added into the state’s database until July 29 due to a glitch in the system.

Why do you think she didn't want this Bill to be released to the Public????
Was she afraid the Parents might get Upset that she is pushing for the Dumbing Down of their Children?
Quote:In June, state lawmakers voted to approve the bill that suspended the requirements for students for three years, KATU reported. Foundations for a Better

Oregon said in a statement at the time that the bill is intended to "truly reflect what every student needs to thrive in the 21st century."
Supporters of the bill insist that considering math and reading essential skills has been an unfair challenge for students who do not test well.

The report said the requirement was first suspended at the start of the pandemic.
Students that do not Test Well,,,, WTF!!!???  tinysure
Then You Study Harder or just Be Stupid all your life!
How do you THRIVE in the 21st Century if you can not Read, Write or do some Math and Critical Thinking? 
Here, Put your "X" there where your name goes,,,,,, Special Child!

Quote:Charles Boyle, the deputy communications director from Brown’s office, told the paper in an email that staff from the governor’s office informed legislative staffers about the bill's signing on the day it was passed.

He also said that the new standards for graduation will help benefit the state’s "Black, Latino, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of color."
WHAT??
Source
What are your Thoughts?

that just be wrong! brother's and bitch's gots to be able to add, if theyz gonna be slingin dope on the corner. home boy or girl get a cap busted off in dat ass  if day  count be short.

the OG's don't play dat chit man you feel me.

homie don't platy dat.
[Image: TWBB.png]

Talk about the bigotry of low expectations. 

If the ability to read and preform basic arithmetic are no longer required, what exactly is being "taught"? 

What are my tax dollars funding? What's the point? 

I guess the teachers unions must be convinced abject truths are too difficult to convey. Better to ramble on about emotion triggering, subjective opinions. No way to quantify that and hold adults accountable.