Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Either we have a Constitution, or we do not.
The linked article is not the only place reporting this. Let us imagine you and your bank own some rental property. You make payments every month to the bank for the property so they will not ruin your credit and repo the property. In comes the government and says your renters do not have to pay you the rent money.. Think about that for a moment...

On the otherside of this coin if you were laid off because your business was closed (government mandate or not) and have no money to make the rent payment it is either this government mandated reprieve or you and your family will be on the street or with relatives.. Bad situation all around. 

Quote:In this video segment listen carefully to what he says.  As the Supreme Court and lower courts have determined, the CDC has no legal authority to block the rights of property owners from rental income from their tenants.  This is a basic issue in the Constitution about private property rights and the limits of federal government to intervene.
However, think about Joe Biden taking an oath of office “to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States,” and contrast that oath against these public statements.  In his remarks Biden readily admits that all constitutional scholars have advised the White House that a regulatory eviction moratorium will *NOT* pass constitutional scrutiny.  He openly admits that….
….Then, in the very next sentence, after admitting any effort to initiate or extend a federal eviction moratorium violates the U.S. Constitution, he says he is intentionally directing federal agencies to trigger unconstitutional legal action in an effort to “buy time” and create a de-facto unlawful eviction moratorium.
In essence:…  ‘I know this is unconstitutional; and I know we will lose the constitutional legal argument; but we will do this anyway, because ideology’.
I must say this is the best coherent statement I have ever heard Biden make.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blo...ore-214943

Tuckers take on this:
We're like the EU.  A bunch of unelected 'crats make the rules.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Since it is the government shutting things down and creating the unnecessary  financial hardships on people, then the government should be required to make up the shortfalls on rent money for the folks they have cause the hardship to. They could start by cutting salaries of government employees, like Congress Critters, and reapplying that money to a rental hardship relief fund.

It's only fair - if they are the ones that threw us in the box, they are the ones that should have to make sure we get air.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

test test test, for being able to post.

sorry about trying to find a bug, and used your thread.
[Image: TWBB.png]

McAllen, Texas, declares disaster after 7,000 COVID-infected illegals pour into city

Quote:How many? According to Fox News:
Quote:[img=0x0]https://s3.amazonaws.com/ssl-intgr-net/tags/7_201_9.gif[/img]According to the city of McAllen, since mid-February of 2021, there have been over 7,000 confirmed COVID-19 positive immigrants released into the City of McAllen by CBP, including over 1,500 new cases in the past seven days.
There's more, according to Texas news outlet Valley Central:
Quote:Hidalgo County Judge Richard Cortez told ValleyCentral in a previous interview that there is a nursing shortage and keeping up with COVID-19 hospitalization of residents has not been easy. In addition, the influx in asylum seekers testing positive for COVID-19 is also tipping the scale.
“But now we’re seeing that they’re coming in with a high infection for COVID, and there’s no room for them anymore,” said Cortez.
Cortez also told ValleyCentral the infection rate for migrants rose to a shocking 16%, doubling the numbers from last time. 
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/202..._city.html

Texas has not been sucking up to Washington so here is one of the ways to get even I suppose ! "You do not wanna play ball with us then we will infect the lot of you barbarian Texan filth", says someone in D.C. with the big picture and grand plan ??

McAllen was one of the better border towns IMO as they were upscale and the city was fairly clean by border town standards. At least the cartels were not popping people every night and leaving body calling cards.
(08-06-2021, 12:07 PM)727Sky Wrote: McAllen, Texas, declares disaster after 7,000 COVID-infected illegals pour into city

Texas has not been sucking up to Washington so here is one of the ways to get even I suppose ! "You do not wanna play ball with us then we will infect the lot of you barbarian Texan filth", says someone in D.C. with the big picture and grand plan ??

McAllen was one of the better border towns IMO as they were upscale and the city was fairly clean by border town standards. At least the cartels were not popping people every night and leaving body calling cards.

Virginia is in a similar circumstance, although I don't know why - The Richmond Radicals are in jack-booted lock-step with the DC Progressives. The Feds are using Fort Lee as a staging and distribution area for illegals to be infiltrated and distributed along the east coast.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

So... let's see if I got this. 

Random Fact 1: Landlords own property they rent to other people. Not a new concept. However, because of 'reasons' now, they cannot charge rent. Buuut they still owe mortgage payments to the banks. I wonder what happens? 
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nco...ation.html

Random Fact 2: Because of the same 'reasons', there is a goo-gob of free/fake money flowing into the system. It is available to those in the permanent capital world for some reason. I wonder what the likes of Blackrock and such are going to do with all that money? The MSM has assured me there is nothing to see here. 
https://foxbaltimore.com/news/nation-wor...using-boom

Random Fact 3: Anybody who now questions what is going on is considered a target under the new domestic terrorism guidance/laws. We've all seen how upstanding the IBF is these days so it's all good. 
https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/fbi-dhs-domestic-terrorism-strategic-report.pdf/view   

Most Interesting Fact: The CDC, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, are in charge of this. Disease people and property issues. What could go wrong? 
https://www.federalregister.gov/document...homeowners (Trump)
https://www.rocketlawyer.com/blog/2021-e...ate-928520 (Biden and CDC on their own)

Thanks for posting Sky. I am with you. At this point I'm not sure it you hit the vast majority of Americans over the head with a bat with this written on the bat, they would notice. Only when it gets so egregiously crazy and absurd, will they start to get an inkling. By then, their money and opportunity will mostly be gone. Then it will get interesting.
[Image: mg6107a1e0.png]
(08-06-2021, 08:40 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 12:07 PM)727Sky Wrote: McAllen, Texas, declares disaster after 7,000 COVID-infected illegals pour into city

Virginia is in a similar circumstance, although I don't know why - The Richmond Radicals are in jack-booted lock-step with the DC Progressives. The Feds are using Fort Lee as a staging and distribution area for illegals to be infiltrated and distributed along the east coast.

I sit here and wait for the epiphany that refuses to come to everyone. The entire system, left, right and center is corrupt. They have always been corrupt. The one you wish to use to replace this one will be corrupted as well. The media, all of it is a corrupt for profit endeavor. There is no escaping this fact. Many of you are older, like myself and depend on social nets like SS, Medicare, Disability, Workmans comp and the like. Destroy the system du jour and you destroy that as well. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. It's a proven fact. What end do any of you imagine you might create? Some kind of libertarian utopia? I think most everyone needs to slow their roll. Because a good deal of you could in no way survive the dystopian hellscape that goes with what you are visualizing. I include myself in that crew, by the way. I read left to right and right to left. The delusion is that a righteousness exists in their midst. MSM feeds off of all of this and pits us against each other and all for the allmighty dollar. My one sadness is what puppets, what fools we've all become. Look at history, look at your own situation. See the beauty of what you have. Because in the final analysis, we are here for a set period of time and for the vast majority of us, our time here has been and continues to be the stuff of dreams relative to the waves of humanity that exist now and have come before us. Take pause for cause my friends. I'd be fascinated to hear what a revolution may bring about? Because if it's what I see, there will be no winners.
internet Agent Provocateur
(08-08-2021, 03:35 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: I sit here and wait for the epiphany that refuses to come to everyone. The entire system, left, right and center is corrupt. They have always been corrupt. The one you wish to use to replace this one will be corrupted as well. The media, all of it is a corrupt for profit endeavor. There is no escaping this fact. Many of you are older, like myself and depend on social nets like SS, Medicare, Disability, Workmans comp and the like. Destroy the system du jour and you destroy that as well. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. It's a proven fact. What end do any of you imagine you might create? Some kind of libertarian utopia? I think most everyone needs to slow their roll. Because a good deal of you could in no way survive the dystopian hellscape that goes with what you are visualizing. I include myself in that crew, by the way. I read left to right and right to left. The delusion is that a righteousness exists in their midst. MSM feeds off of all of this and pits us against each other and all for the allmighty dollar. My one sadness is what puppets, what fools we've all become. Look at history, look at your own situation. See the beauty of what you have. Because in the final analysis, we are here for a set period of time and for the vast majority of us, our time here has been and continues to be the stuff of dreams relative to the waves of humanity that exist now and have come before us. Take pause for cause my friends. I'd be fascinated to hear what a revolution may bring about? Because if it's what I see, there will be no winners.

I don't care to be a winner  I'm not in competition for anything. All I want is to live until I die, and live on my own terms for as long as that lasts, until I stop breathing. I don't need any "leaders", Right, Left, or Center to tell me what their terms are. I don't care. I'm just here until I'm not any more, and I have no urge to play Follow the Leader.

I'm no longer interested in any revolutions. the time for that has passed, and I'm too long in the tooth to keep up now. So I'll keep living on my own terms until I don't any more. I'll either die peacefully in my sleep, or with a bullet in my chest, blood in my mouth, and a curse on my lips. Either way, I'll be gone. We only have a finite time here in this rockball - do what you want with that time while you have it.

I will tell you now, we have a constitution as long as we defend it. No amount of mouthboogie or counter Constitutional oratories can diminish it's conveyance of absolute Rights and duties. And that includes defending it by Patriots. And by any means necessary up to and including warfare against those who would defy or destroy, or plan destruction of our Sacred Freedoms.

You do not want to test our Patriotic Resolve I promise you. I would say the Republic faces difficulties, but is in the Good Hands Of Vets and Patriots.