Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What if This is it?
Just to take the "dooms day" edge off this thread, we do have Tesla's information. You know, the papers where he gathered up energy from the "air" around us?  Maybe the good guys are going to force the old ways out so we can get on with living in that "future world" we should have already been in decades ago. Free energy, anti-gravity vehicles, whole meals prepared by pushing a button, med beds, etc. 

Yes, it would take some time to get it set up for everyone, but if this is the plan, I know they have food stocked up to take around to people, just like they did back during The Great Depression, while things are being built. Of course, I guess we'd have to cook it over an open fire and hope it doesn't rain until we get our "push-button meal devices".  tinyhuh

My grandmother told me the government would send out boxes of basics, like meal, flour, sugar, salt, etc. once a month to help people survive. I suppose that box would include more for today's people, since not that many know how to survive making their own food.  City folks. They'll have it rougher than those in the country, just like back during the Great Depression. 

It's all speculation at this point, but I like to think that surely there will be some good people left in positions of authority to help us peons. 

Are we about to enter "The New Earth" that people have been talking about for eons?  
It's August now. We'll soon find out.

If the power goes off, I've enjoyed getting to know all of you. Thanks for being my extended family and making me feel at home.

Good luck everyone.
Another angle, Sun is cooling down next 20-30 years and will be less active   minusculerolleyes

Willie Soon: Next 20-30 Years Will Be Cold; Sun Much Less Active

Top Climate Scientist, Dr. Willie Soon Predicts Global Cooling for next 20-30 years

“The next 30 years will be Cold,” says Climate Scientist Dr. Willie Soon

New Paper uses AI to Predict the Sunspot Cycles: Low Solar Activity until 2050

Chinese Communist Party Influence in our Universities Must Stop

So....what it gonna be ?  More or less flares ? What about the AI predicting lower sun activity ?
(08-02-2021, 06:10 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Another angle, Sun is cooling down next 20-30 years and will be less active   minusculerolleyes

Willie Soon: Next 20-30 Years Will Be Cold; Sun Much Less Active

Top Climate Scientist, Dr. Willie Soon Predicts Global Cooling for next 20-30 years

“The next 30 years will be Cold,” says Climate Scientist Dr. Willie Soon

New Paper uses AI to Predict the Sunspot Cycles: Low Solar Activity until 2050

Chinese Communist Party Influence in our Universities Must Stop

So....what it gonna be ?  More or less flares ? What about the AI predicting lower sun activity ?

I'd say we don't have 20 or 30 years to wait around to find out. We have to get through the high level of flares that threaten us now first.
(08-02-2021, 05:24 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Yes, it would take some time to get it set up for everyone, but if this is the plan, I know they have food stocked up to take around to people, just like they did back during The Great Depression, while things are being built. Of course, I guess we'd have to cook it over an open fire and hope it doesn't rain until we get our "push-button meal devices".  tinyhuh

My grandmother told me the government would send out boxes of basics, like meal, flour, sugar, salt, etc. once a month to help people survive. I suppose that box would include more for today's people, since not that many know how to survive making their own food.  City folks. They'll have it rougher than those in the country, just like back during the Great Depression. 

I provided security for the hurricane relief efforts after Isabelle re-arranged the Outer Banks in North Carolina in 2003. FEMA sent in big trucks of MRE's to hand out to folks. They weren't packaged like military MRE's, they were packaged in boxes with photos and stuff printed on the outside like Michelina's frozen meals, but inside the boxes were the familiar poly bags and ration heaters, just like military MRE's. All you needed was a dab of water to get the heaters working to warm them up.

I have here some SOPAKCO MRE rations on hand, also stockpiled by FEMA. They are packaged more like the military MRE's, except the outer poly bags are clear, and the damned things are salt-free and mostly meat-free. After a hurricane in Florida a couple years ago, SOPAKCO MRE's were unavailable on the open market, because all their stuff was being sent to FEMA to re-stock the warehouses. They have recently returned to the civilian market, and can be bought for about 24 bucks for a 14 meal case currently, on sale, at either Cheaper Than Dirt or MidwayUSA - I forget which.

I got mine for 18 bucks a case at a little variety store in the town where I used to live. Hunters around there use them for hunting rations in hunting season.

The ones I have are getting old now, so I probably really ought to eat them and re-stock. That damned salt-free and meat-free aspect makes them stick in my throat, though. I guess that's why they are "emergency rations" - they don't want them to be palatable enough for anyone to get to liking them!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’