Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Uri Geller’s Mental Powers
After listening to this I suppose there was more to Uri Geller’s Mental Powers than just being a charlatan/fake/lyer/stage show magician etc etc ?

I keep telling you all, the mind is a powerful thing.   minusculebiggrin

I didn't know about Uri's involvement with the CIA or other agencies, but I probably should have guessed. If they saw the opportunity to use one's mind to stop hearts and blow up nuclear weapons, I'm sure they would have taken full advantage of him. 

Makes me wonder who else they found to preform these feats?  I've heard they can stop the human heart now through mind control. 
How many Uri Gellers are walking around out there?   minusculethinking
I remember reading his book back in the late seventies and even then, I found it a little kooky in his belief
that he was -either an alien, or been given his gift by aliens.

Whether Geller is hooked-up with the CIA in any close capacity, I'd seriously doubt, but I'm pretty sure
his former mentor Andrija Puharich was. He sold Geller to the world. It would be nice to think of him as
how he portrays himself on stage and at the Malls, but I think he set his cap on being an entertainer a
long time ago and is now stuck with the perception.

@"Mystic Wanderer" I agree, the mind is a powerful thing, but it can be tricked. It's just sad there are
people out there who do that.
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(07-05-2021, 06:55 PM)BIAD Wrote: I remember reading his book back in the late seventies and even then, I found it a little kooky in his belief

Whether Geller is hooked-up with the CIA in any close capacity, I'd seriously doubt, but I'm pretty sure
his former mentor Andrija Puharich was. He sold Geller to the world. It would be nice to think of him as
how he portrays himself on stage and at the Malls, but I think he set his cap on being an entertainer a

@"Mystic Wanderer" I agree, the mind is a powerful thing, but it can be tricked. It's just sad there are
tinywondering

@"BIAD", one thing the man said in the video I posted about the Free Masons was, people like Uri and other 'magicians' who have become famous, is that they get their powers from Satan himself. For those who don't believe in Satan, it doesn't matter; these people do. I think he could be correct. 
I also think there are others who trick the mind as entertainment on stage.  It's those few who get their power from Satan that I want to avoid.   tinybighuh
(07-05-2021, 05:30 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I keep telling you all, the mind is a powerful thing.   minusculebiggrin

I didn't know about Uri's involvement with the CIA or other agencies, but I probably should have guessed. If they saw the opportunity to use one's mind to stop hearts and blow up nuclear weapons, I'm sure they would have taken full advantage of him. 

Makes me wonder who else they found to preform these feats?  I've heard they can stop the human heart now through mind control. 
How many Uri Gellers are walking around out there?   minusculethinking

I dunno about stopping hearts in general, but I can stop my own heart through mind control. I've done it, a number of times, and it scares the hell out of people. I'll have them check my pulse as I do it, and the look on their face is priceless as my pulse flutters, falters, and then stops. I start it back up again before the blackness sets in, but folks never look at you quite the same again once you've done that while they were checking it...

Indeed, the mind IS a wondrous, powerful, and at times scary thing. Inducing hypnosis via your own mind in other folks is tougher, but can also be done. I've done that, too, but the results took so long to manifest that I question the practical usefulness of it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(07-05-2021, 07:01 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(07-05-2021, 06:55 PM)BIAD Wrote: I remember reading his book back in the late seventies and even then, I found it a little kooky in his belief

tinywondering

@"BIAD", one thing the man said in the video I posted about the Free Masons was, people like Uri and other 'magicians' who have become famous, is that they get their powers from Satan himself. For those who don't believe in Satan, it doesn't matter; these people do. I think he could be correct. 
I also think there are others who trick the mind as entertainment on stage.  It's those few who get their power from Satan that I want to avoid.   tinybighuh

Those folks are wrong. No one can get "magical" powers from Satan outside of the movies made to scare children. Satan has not been given the ability to bestow powers on others, and would refuse to do so even if he had been given that option. Power, in all cases, has but one ultimate source. What Satan DOES is re-direct already present power in corruptible individuals. If you recall the Bible, it claims he is a "trickster", and a liar, but nowhere is any actual power attributed to him, much less bestowal of power on others. As a matter of fact, the book of JOB sets strict limits on Satan's "powers", right in the beginning.

For the non-Christians, understand that by "Satan" I mean evil in general, and by "Ultimate Source", well, that can mean whatever you want it to mean, but there is only one source of "power", whatever you prefer to conceive that source to be.

For the Christian "butbutbut all magic is evil, and must come from Satan" crowd, I direct you back to your own Bible, and request that you find some kind of support in it for your hypothesis. You won't, but it's worth the effort for you to try. You have placed yourself squarely into the same camp of Pharisees who attributed Jesus' powers to Satan. Good luck with that - it seems not to have worked out all that well for the Pharisees.

No, "Satan", "Beelzebub", "Lucifer", or "generic evil", however one prefers to conceive of that negative branch of spiritual energy, does not "give" power to anyone. It is too jealous of it's own power (kinda like government in that respect) to parcel it out to anyone else, and so it guards what little it has and keeps it for itself. Instead, it makes use of corrupt minds to induce them to abuse whatever "powers" they already have...

... and EVERYONE has some, to some extent, some more than others. Even those who deny they have it have some, they just refuse to acknowledge it, and thereby weaken what little they have by atrophy.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(07-05-2021, 10:45 PM)Ninurta Wrote:

tinywondering

Those folks are wrong. No one can get "magical" powers from Satan outside of the movies made to scare children. Satan has not been given the ability to bestow powers on others, and would refuse to do so even if he had been given that option. Power, in all cases, has but one ultimate source. What Satan DOES is re-direct already present power in corruptible individuals. If you recall the Bible, it claims he is a "trickster", and a liar, but nowhere is any actual power attributed to him, much less bestowal of power on others. As a matter of fact, the book of JOB sets strict limits on Satan's "powers", right in the beginning.

For the non-Christians, understand that by "Satan" I mean evil in general, and by "Ultimate Source", well, that can mean whatever you want it to mean, but there is only one source of "power", whatever you prefer to conceive that source to be.

For the Christian "butbutbut all magic is evil, and must come from Satan" crowd, I direct you back to your own Bible, and request that you find some kind of support in it for your hypothesis. You won't, but it's worth the effort for you to try. You have placed yourself squarely into the same camp of Pharisees who attributed Jesus' powers to Satan. Good luck with that - it seems not to have worked out all that well for the Pharisees.

No, "Satan", "Beelzebub", "Lucifer", or "generic evil", however one prefers to conceive of that negative branch of spiritual energy, does not "give" power to anyone. It is too jealous of it's own power (kinda like government in that respect) to parcel it out to anyone else, and so it guards what little it has and keeps it for itself. Instead, it makes use of corrupt minds to induce them to abuse whatever "powers" they already have...

... and EVERYONE has some, to some extent, some more than others. Even those who deny they have it have some, they just refuse to acknowledge it, and thereby weaken what little they have by atrophy.

@"Ninurta", I was commenting on what the man in the Free Mason video said. He was one of them. He was telling us things that went on in their rituals.  Did you watch the video?
(07-05-2021, 10:45 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Those folks are wrong. No one can get "magical" powers from Satan outside of the movies made to scare children. Satan has not been given the ability to bestow powers on others, and would refuse to do so even if he had been given that option. Power, in all cases, has but one ultimate source. What Satan DOES is re-direct already present power in corruptible individuals. If you recall the Bible, it claims he is a "trickster", and a liar, but nowhere is any actual power attributed to him, much less bestowal of power on others. As a matter of fact, the book of JOB sets strict limits on Satan's "powers", right in the beginning.

what, i can't go down to the cross roads and call on old scratch and learn to play the guitar or some shit like that?

hot damn son i believe you did sell your soul to the devil

[Image: TWBB.png]

(07-05-2021, 11:32 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"Ninurta", I was commenting on what the man in the Free Mason video said. He was one of them. He was telling us things that went on in their rituals.  Did you watch the video?

No, I did not watch the Freemasons video, as Fremasons conspiracy videos may damage my mental well being, so I avoid them. I submit that a Freemason claiming to get "powers" from Satan may in fact be promoting a misinformation agenda engineered to create a false belief in the mind of his target to create a "mystique" around an organization that is, on it's best days, still just a mundane bunch of old guys with beer guts pretending to be something they are not. The main difference I see between Freemasons and the average Bubba Militia is that the militia guys at least carry real guns into the woods, sometimes even for a couple hours at a time, even if they gotta huff and puff to do it.

That's just the Bubba Militia ritual.

Now "rituals" are a dead giveaway that someone has a very weak belief, and therefore needs the structure of a ritual to at least keep up appearances. Christians and non-christians alike employ them as "focal points", and invariably they must engage in a ritual whether Christian or not to bolster their own lack of faith.

Which is why, way back when I was a church-going fella, even then I stayed away from churches and denominations that were overly ritualistic. I saw no good reason to lend my own faith to cover their lack thereof.

(07-06-2021, 02:21 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(07-05-2021, 11:32 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"Ninurta", I was commenting on what the man in the Free Mason video said. He was one of them. He was telling us things that went on in their rituals.  Did you watch the video?

No, I did not watch the Freemasons video, as Fremasons conspiracy videos may damage my mental well being, so I avoid them. I submit that a Freemason claiming to get "powers" from Satan may in fact be promoting a misinformation agenda engineered to create a false belief in the mind of his target to create a "mystique" around an organization that is, on it's best days, still just a mundane bunch of old guys with beer guts pretending to be something they are not. The main difference I see between Freemasons and the average Bubba Militia is that the militia guys at least carry real guns into the woods, sometimes even for a couple hours at a time, even if they gotta huff and puff to do it.

That's just the Bubba Militia ritual.

Now "rituals" are a dead giveaway that someone has a very weak belief, and therefore needs the structure of a ritual to at least keep up appearances. Christians and non-christians alike employ them as "focal points", and invariably they must engage in a ritual whether Christian or not to bolster their own lack of faith.

Which is why, way back when I was a church-going fella, even then I stayed away from churches and denominations that were overly ritualistic. I saw no good reason to lend my own faith to cover their lack thereof.

@"Ninurta", I'm sure you've heard the phrase, 'He sold his soul to the devil', right? 
The man in the Free Mason video was talking about all these icons that people worship in Hollywood, sports, etc., and he said they made a 'deal with Satan' to achieve fame and money. He said anyone who is extremely rich and famous got there by making a deal with the devil, otherwise their career never took off; the evil ones saw to it. 

I've heard others say that when singers get on stage that 'something' takes them over, and it's not them who are acting/singing. Demons literally enter their body and take it over. If you ever notice some of these people's eyes, they look black. 

Yes, I believe they are possessed by a demonic entity.
James Randi offered a $1,000,000 prize to anyone who could demonstrate any psychic, paranormal or occult power under properly controlled conditions.
The prize has never been claimed

I am WonderCow....hear me moo!

tinywondering

I don't believe these powers are limited to those provided by Satanic (Archonic) influence and manipulation. The difference, I believe, is that those that have naturally developed these abilities through other means would never exploit them for profit, fame, or entertainment. If they decided to try, I believe it would be at their own peril.

Manipulation of the consensus order of things for purely selfish interest can never ultimately have a positive outcome.
(07-06-2021, 01:35 PM)pointessa Wrote:

tinywondering

I don't believe these powers are limited to those provided by Satanic (Archonic) influence and manipulation. The difference, I believe, is that those that have naturally developed these abilities through other means would never exploit them for profit, fame, or entertainment. If they decided to try, I believe it would be at their own peril.

Manipulation of  the consensus order of things for purely selfish interest can never ultimately have a positive outcome.

I believe that too @"Pointessa".  I'm only repeating what the man in the Free Mason video said; his words, not mine. 

I do believe there are those who get their powers from Satan (Madona comes to mind), but I also believe there are those who get it from "God", for lack of a better word. Choose your own. And, as you said, if these people ever chose to exploit their "gift" for fame or money, it would be taken away in a flash. 

This half-time performance is full of Satanic symbolism. It starts out with the smoke and fire in the background. She sits on her throne adorned with her horns headpiece, she stands inside the circle that I'm sure has symbolic symbols on it, and I'm sure there's more. That's as far as I watched, just to give you guys some clues. 
She may not be possessed in this one, but she's paying homage to her master.