Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The U.S. Constitution and Power Equity
Over on Gab and Parler (that is still limping along), I posted the following thoughts as my other online persona Buchanan J. Marsh.

Quote:The power of centralized government to wage wars and control everything has created a cartel of corrupt world governments in collusion to control the people and resources of the planet. However, if the people had full control over the governmental powers, mob rule would instantly become anarchy.

The checks and balances created by the United States constitution are the only chance for our republic to create and maintain an equitable share of national power. This can only function properly if the constitution is followed without corruption of it's founding principles.

I considered using Buck Marsh over on FB to post this as well, but figured it would get swatted down. Feel free to friend me on those other platforms if you wish.

Anyway, I thought I'd get some input here on this thought, bounce it around a bit. Thanks in advance.
(06-27-2021, 04:11 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Over on Gab and Parler (that is still limping along), I posted the following thoughts as my other online persona Buchanan J. Marsh.

Quote:The power of centralized government to wage wars and control everything has created a cartel of corrupt world governments in collusion to control the people and resources of the planet. However, if the people had full control over the governmental powers, mob rule would instantly become anarchy.

The checks and balances created by the United States constitution are the only chance for our republic to create and maintain an equitable share of national power. This can only function properly if the constitution is followed without corruption of it's founding principles.

I considered using Buck Marsh over on FB to post this as well, but figured it would get swatted down. Feel free to friend me on those other platforms if you wish.

Anyway, I thought I'd get some input here on this thought, bounce it around a bit. Thanks in advance.

I think you stated it very well. 
This is the problem we have now. We have members in Congress that came from different countries (most were placed there by Obama), or had parents that came from other countries and passed their ideologies along to their children.  
The people that were born here were brought up on the principals of our Constitution, not the laws followed in Somalia, or some Mid-eastern country. 
These corrupt politicians have control of most of the power, and they break the rules with no punishment. It's those on their "side" who commit the unlawful acts, so they go unpunished. But when someone who wishes to keep our laws in order does something even the least bit illegal, they throw the book at them. They want to get their opposition out of the way. Their main purpose is to overthrow our government and turn us into a third-world country, just like the one where they came from. 
Those who have different views of how a country should be run, other than following the laws of our Constitution, should be yanked out of office and replaced with freedom-loving Patriots. That's people who truly love this country and will fight to keep our flag flying high.
No response on that comment yet, except here (as I expected would happen).

I posted the following image on those platforms as well (including FB this time) and got one like on FB so far.

[Image: People-Like-You.jpg]

The pic says it all, but I get irritated by these photo-meme-messages. I want source links or some actual text I can copy and run through the search engines.
(06-28-2021, 12:54 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: No response on that comment yet, except here (as I expected would happen).

I posted the following image on those platforms as well (including FB this time) and got one like on FB so far.

[Image: People-Like-You.jpg]

The pic says it all, but I get irritated by these photo-meme-messages. I want source links or some actual text I can copy and run through the search engines.

I thought Mystic Wanderer reply was all I could have said as well.
For myself, I just couldn't add to her reply.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-27-2021, 04:11 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Over on Gab and Parler (that is still limping along), I posted the following thoughts as my other online persona Buchanan J. Marsh.

This was at the root of the debate during that Philadelphia summer a while back. Among a few other things.

It is amazing what they got right. I still read about it and am still grateful so many years later. 

We have made it through quite a bit and I am pretty sure now is no different.

But... our society or our culture is something different IMHO. Maybe I am just getting old. Maybe I am just being jaded. But that is depressing me when I let it get to me.
I haven't looked into becoming an expat too much after I found out what red tape was involved and how much it would cost to go through the legal process here in the states. Even if the process were free of charge and used a simple form, I don't want to leave the U.S. really, I love the states but hate what we're becoming.

I haven't looked into what country might make a good choice based on the liberty and freedom of it's people, so there may be a few choices left on Earth as a refuge for expats that long for the freedoms we once had here. Without other choices, all we have left is the constitution and it requires that it be honored, respected, and followed esp. by those that took an oath to do so. As long as I live I will defend that piece of paper and I never had a job in politics, policing or the military that required my loyalty to the constitution, I do this because it is a civic duty of every legal citizen of our republic.
I believe it was Lord Acton who said “Liberty consists in the division of power. Absolutism, in concentration of power.” and “Towns were the nursery of freedom.”  What we are witnessing is the ongoing concentration of power in Washington, DC. The increase of absolutism and despotism. The only cure is a division of power, it's dispersal  among the states, localities, and ultimately the people that make them up.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-30-2021, 01:19 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: I haven't looked into becoming an expat too much after I found out what red tape was involved and how much it would cost to go through the legal process here in the states. Even if the process were free of charge and used a simple form, I don't want to leave the U.S. really, I love the states but hate what we're becoming.

I haven't looked into what country might make a good choice based on the liberty and freedom of it's people, so there may be a few choices left on Earth as a refuge for expats that long for the freedoms we once had here. Without other choices, all we have left is the constitution and it requires that it be honored, respected, and followed esp. by those that took an oath to do so. As long as I live I will defend that piece of paper and I never had a job in politics, policing or the military that required my loyalty to the constitution, I do this because it is a civic duty of every legal citizen of our republic.

There is no other country to run to for freedom. WE ARE IT! That's why it is so important for people to get in the fight and defend our freedoms before the Commies take us over. If we go down, the whole world goes down with us.