Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dispelling The Myths about Methamphetamines and The War On Drugs!
Primary Disclaimer: I use methamphetamines regularly at least once biweekly for the past 10yrs+. See below for more details ok.

Explanation: I was reading this thread ...

Daughter Rescue

and I was dismayed at the following comments made in that thread ...

Quote:Be careful (redacted). Meth people are lost dangerous and ......... I don't need to tell you anything.

and ...

Quote:Methamphetamine, man... You can't reason with them. Logic does not exist. It exists for you, but not for him.

And therefor ..for the benefit of dispelling these myths I shall start out by getting the facts straight first ok ...

Methamphetamine Uses

Quote:This medication is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder - ADHD. It works by changing the amounts of certain natural substances in the brain. Methamphetamine belongs to a class of drugs known as stimulants. It can help increase your ability to pay attention, stay focused on an activity, and control behavior problems. It may also help you to organize your tasks and improve listening skills.This medication should not be used to treat tiredness or to hold off sleep in people who do not have a sleep disorder.

THE DEADLY EFFECTS OF METH: The short-term and long-term impact of the individual

Side Effects Of Meth Use That You Probably Didn't Know

Quote:Stories about meth addiction often feature alarming photos of meth mouth and skin sores. Yet many meth users do not match the stereotypical profile of an anxious person with skin sores and poor oral health.

War on Drugs (wiki)

Quote:The war on drugs is a global campaign,[6] led by the U.S. federal government, of drug prohibition, military aid, and military intervention, with the aim of reducing the illegal drug trade in the United States.[7][8][9][10] The initiative includes a set of drug policies that are intended to discourage the production, distribution, and consumption of psychoactive drugs that the participating governments and the UN have made illegal.

Now that the above facts are clear and straight we can move onto my highly distorted and twisted point of view ...

Personal Disclosure: I am a long term methamphetamine junkie  and what follows is my opinion ... it should not be considered medical advice at all!

Quote:Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal/financial or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Further participation in this thread requires you to agree to the following NOTE before reading any further. If you dont agree then please leave this thread NOW!

NOTE: THESE ARE NOT THE OPINIONS OF rogue-nation3.com nor their affiliates and you will not hold them liable for anything I state in this thread ok!

WHO are you OmegaLogos? ...

I am a 48 [almost 49] yr old male born and raised secular, live and will die in Canberra, the capital, in the Australian Capital Territory.

I was born in the Royal Canberra Hospital Maternity Wing and I grew up in the Tuggeranong Valley and I went to school in Weston Creek.

I had a formal public education up until yr10 when I left and became a Jehovahs Witness for a couple of years as a baptized brother in that cult organization, until they kicked me out for shaving my head in atonement for some perceived sin I felt I had greaviously committed against God.

I then joined a local suburban commune that was half spiritual ashram and half communal housing supplier and I lived there as a militant marxist communist for an entire decade before I left when it all started fading fast and fell apart due to the inherent problems of communism. It was during these years that I explored several drugs as a psychonaut and my favorites are pot and tobacco and coffee and cheese. But, following them, I also love injecting methamphetamins.

Psychonautics (wiki)

Quote:Psychonautics (from the Ancient Greek ψυχή   psychē   'soul, spirit, mind' and ναύτης   naútēs   'sailor, navigator')[1] refers both to a methodology for describing and explaining the subjective effects of altered states of consciousness, especially an important subgroup called holotropic states, including those induced by meditation or mind-altering substances, and to a research cabal in which the researcher voluntarily immerses themselves into an altered mental state in order to explore the accompanying experiences.[2]

The term has been applied diversely, to cover all activities by which altered states are induced and utilized for spiritual purposes or the exploration of the human condition, including shamanism, lamas of the Tibetan Buddhist tradition,[3] sensory deprivation,[1] and archaic/modern drug users who use entheogenic substances in order to gain deeper insights and spiritual experiences.[4] A person who uses altered states for such exploration is known as a psychonaut.

PsychonautWiki.org

Nootropic (wiki)

Quote:Nootropics (/noʊ.əˈtrɒpɪks/ noh-ə-TROP-iks ) (colloquial: smart drugs and cognitive enhancers) are drugs, supplements, and other substances that are claimed to improve cognitive function, particularly executive functions, memory, creativity, or motivation, in healthy individuals.[1]

The 14 Best Nootropics and Smart Drugs Reviewed

Quote:1. Caffeine
Caffeine is the most widely consumed psychoactive substance in the world (1Trusted Source).
It’s naturally found in coffee, cocoa, tea, kola nuts and guarana and added to many sodas, energy drinks and medications. It can also be taken as a supplement, either on its own or in combination with other substances (2Trusted Source).
Caffeine works by blocking adenosine receptors in your brain, making you feel less tired (3Trusted Source).
A low to moderate caffeine intake of 40–300 mg increases your alertness and attention and decreases your reaction time. These doses are especially effective for people who are fatigued (4Trusted Source, 5Trusted Source, 6Trusted Source).
Quote:Summary Caffeine is a naturally occurring chemical that increases your alertness, improves your attention and reduces your reaction times.

Quote:8. Nicotine
Nicotine is a naturally occurring chemical found in many plants, especially tobacco. It’s one of the compounds that make cigarettes so addictive.
It can also be consumed through nicotine gum or absorbed through your skin via a nicotine patch.
Studies show that nicotine can have nootropic effects, such as improved alertness and attention, especially in people with naturally poor attention spans (36Trusted Source, 37Trusted Source).
It has also been found to improve motor function. What’s more, chewing nicotine gum is linked to better handwriting speed and fluidity (38Trusted Source).
However, this substance can be addictive and is lethal in high doses, so caution is warranted (39Trusted Source).
Due to the risk of addiction, nicotine is not recommended. However, nicotine use is justified if you are trying to quit smoking.
Quote:Summary Nicotine is a naturally occurring chemical that boosts alertness, attention and motor functions. Nonetheless, it’s addictive and toxic in high doses.

Quote:12. Modafinil (Provigil)
Commonly sold under the brand name Provigil, modafinil is a prescription drug that is often used to treat narcolepsy, a condition that causes uncontrollable drowsiness (56Trusted Source).
Its stimulating effects are similar to those of amphetamines or cocaine. Yet, animal studies suggest it has a lower risk of dependence (57Trusted Source, 58Trusted Source).
Several studies have shown that modafinil significantly reduces feelings of fatigue and improves memory in sleep-deprived adults (59Trusted Source, 60Trusted Source, 61Trusted Source).
It also enhances executive functioning, or the ability to properly manage your time and resources to accomplish your goals (60Trusted Source).
While modafinil appears to have strong nootropic effects, it’s only available via prescription in most countries.
Even when prescribed, it’s important to use this drug responsibly to avoid negative side effects.
Though modafinil is generally considered non-addictive, instances of dependence and withdrawal have been reported at high dosages (62Trusted Source, 63Trusted Source).
Quote:Summary Modafinil is a prescription drug that can reduce drowsiness and improve brain function in healthy adults, particularly those who are sleep deprived. However, it should only be taken as prescribed.

Quote:13. Amphetamines (Adderall)
Adderall is a prescription medication that contains highly stimulating amphetamines.
It’s most commonly prescribed to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy, but it’s increasingly taken by healthy adults to improve attention and focus (64Trusted Source).
Adderall works by increasing the availability of the brain chemicals dopamine and noradrenaline within your prefrontal cortex, an area of your brain that controls working memory, attention and behavior (65Trusted Source).
The amphetamines found in Adderall make people feel more awake, attentive and optimistic. They also reduce appetite (66Trusted Source).
A review of 48 studies found that Adderall significantly improved people’s ability to control their behavior and enhanced short-term memory (67Trusted Source).
Depending on the dose and type of pill prescribed, the effects last up to 12 hours (68Trusted Source).
It’s important to note that these drugs are not without side effects.
Adderall is widely abused on college campuses, with some surveys indicating that up to 43% of students use stimulant drugs without a prescription (69Trusted Source).
The side effects of Adderall abuse include anxiety, low sex drive and sweating (70Trusted Source).
Recreational Adderall abuse can also cause more severe side effects, such as heart attack, especially when mixed with alcohol (71Trusted Source, 72Trusted Source, 73Trusted Source).
Evidence that Adderall enhances mental performance is strong, but it should only be taken as prescribed.
Quote:Summary Adderall is not available without a prescription but does appear to improve brain function in healthy adults and those with ADHD.

Quote:14. Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
Ritalin is another prescription drug used to manage symptoms of ADHD and narcolepsy.
Like Adderall, it’s a stimulant and increases dopamine and noradrenaline concentrations in your brain. However, it does not contain amphetamines (74Trusted Source).
In healthy adults, Ritalin improves short-term memory, information-processing speed and attention (75Trusted Source, 76Trusted Source).
It’s typically well tolerated, but may have the opposite effect and impair thinking if an excessive dose is taken (77Trusted Source).
Like Adderall, Ritalin is widely abused, especially by people aged 18–25 (78Trusted Source).
The most common side effects of Ritalin include insomnia, stomach ache, headache and loss of appetite (79Trusted Source).
It can also cause hallucinations, psychosis, seizures, heart arrhythmias and high blood pressure, particularly when taken in high doses (79Trusted Source, 80Trusted Source, 81Trusted Source, 82Trusted Source).
Ritalin is a powerful stimulant that should only be taken as prescribed and monitored closely for abuse.
Quote:Summary Ritalin is a smart drug that enhances information processing, memory and attention. It’s only available with a prescription.

I then returned back home to live under my parents roof as they had bought a new house and they allowed me to live rent free, with some conditions, in the old house where I had grown up in.

Then I got the internet and my whole world changed!

I have lived at home under my parents roof for the past 18yrs since I left the suburban commune and during that time I have been on mirc and then I was on creationversusevolution.com website before I was on abovetopsecret.com ... from there I was shadow banned by Djarums for some non legitimate reasons in my eyes and I retreated to skype and then was invited to hernandoshideaway before the major falling out and wave of people jumping ship, including me, to come found RN3.

I now live on Discord with several other ATS rejects and I am a Super Moderator of this, the RN3, website. I focus on moderating the chatroom as that is where my personal interest lies. 

HOW much meth do you inject on a biweekly basis?

I buy as much meth as I can get for $150 and thats about 2 points [2 x 1/10th of 1 gram] of meth generally speaking and I get 4 injections out of that ... 2 hard injections at full strength and 2 soft injections at soak and reuse the used filter at lower strength.

I use 40mls of hot water to melt the meth crystals and I inject a hard shot to start with and then top up about 12 -24hrs later on with a soft shot .... and then after about 36hrs I have my 2nd hard shot and then at about 48hrs I have the last 2nd soft shot and that gets me to about 72hrs awake .. before I need to stop and come down by sleeping and eating and I drink lots but I dont generally eat when I am on the gogo juice ..becuase taking a shit is bad for several reasons when on the meth ... chemical pooh smells for one and painfull to poop also as everything may be cramped up due to constipation etc. ... so way not cool. But I do stay heavily hydrated ok.

I use a fresh needle every time and I never share needles ... I also have had blood tests that prove I dont have HIV nor any Hepatitis or any other blood born virus.

I source, from a chemist (4needle pack for $4), and dispose of my needles (in needle pack holder and then into a needle pack bin outside the medical center (where free needles are available also)) responsibly.

I am a disability support pensioner for being a violent paranoid schizophrenic with psychopthic tendencies with 125IQ +/- up to 3IQ pts on any one day for which I am heavily medicated for with a monthly  intramuscular injection of Abilify Maintaina 400mg (which the meth contra-indictates) and all my medical and mental health providers know I am a meth junkie and I PAY ALL MY BILLS FIRST before buying my soft and hard, legal and illegal, drugs!

I spend a full 3 days resting, relaxing and recovering from my high.

I can easily handle my drugs and it is unfortunate and SHAMEFUL that most people can NOT handle their vices at all and they fuck up, hurt others and or get caught.

I hurt noone and I stay at home for the entire duration of my high and recovery periods.I may be online during the time that I am both high and during my recovery and I dare anybody who doesnt know me to notice any fucking difference in me at all during those timeframes.

I can be reasoned with and thats because I am highly logical ...

I am NOT lost at all ... I know exactly where I am ... I am on RN3 and that shows I have found the best place to be already!

Are you dangerous OL??? ...

HELL FUCKING YEAH! Ima legally insane and I have bitten people in the past and Ima also totally suicidal most of the time and I am just looking for a great excuse to drop like a big F Bomb on some rotten deserving cunts head and then go out as a martyr in a blaze of suicide by cop glory. DO NOT MESS WITH ME AT ALL ... AT ALL OK! Because I and not China, created and released Covid19 ...

Its The Smell! I Love The Smell Of BioWarfare In The Morning! Deoderizing The Left!

OL's Manifesto: I admit FULL responsibility for the Coronavirus Outbreak!

[Covid19] What I've Done ...

But none of that has anything to do with meth ... except that it helped me stay focused on the task I had at hand.

Meth brings me a lot of self control especially over my demonic voices and therefor hence joy.

I hope what I have disclosed opens your eyes to the fact that its is nots the drugs fault at all as the poison is in the dose ...

The dose makes the poison

Quote:"The dose makes the poison" (Latin: dosis sola facit venenum 'only the dose makes the poison') is an adage intended to indicate a basic principle of toxicology. It is credited to Paracelsus who expressed the classic toxicology maxim "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; the dosage alone makes it so a thing is not a poison." This is often condensed to: "The dose makes the poison" or in Latin, "Sola dosis facit venenum". It means that a substance can produce the harmful effect associated with its toxic properties only if it reaches a susceptible biological system within the body in a high enough concentration (i.e., dose).[2]
The principle relies on the finding that all chemicals—even water and oxygen—can be toxic if too much is eaten, drunk, or absorbed. "The toxicity of any particular chemical depends on many factors, including the extent to which it enters an individual’s body."[3] This finding also provides the basis for public health standards, which specify maximum acceptable concentrations of various contaminants in food, public drinking water, and the environment.[3]
However, there is no linear relationship and chemical toxicity is more complex than merely the acute effects caused by short-term exposure. Relatively low doses of contaminants in water, food, and environment can already have significant chronic effects if there is long-term exposure.[3]
Generally the effects of different doses can be very different at different levels (not only bigger and smaller impacts depending on dose).

And hence its important to KNOW YOURSELF and therefor YOUR OWN LIMITS.

Stop blaming the drugs ok ... start blaming the war on drugs for increasing the problems surrounding drugs.

Why we are losing the ‘war’ on drugs

How America Lost the War on Drugs 

The war on drugs has been lost

5 Insane Reasons America Is Losing The War On Drugs

Fighting a losing battle: The futility of the current 'war on drugs'

The war on drugs is long lost, so why are we still fighting?

We Have Lost the War on Drugs

FYI ...

ALL fruit and veg are also drugs ...

FDA Threatening Food Companies for Pointing Out the Nutritional Benefits of Certain Fruits & Vegetables

FDA declared veggies ‘unapproved drugs’ after NYC allowed doctors to prescribe fresh fruit and vegetables as treatment for obesity

FDA Declare Fruit And Vegetables ‘Unapproved Drugs’

Just like cheese (I said I love cheese very much ... here is why ...) is a drug ...

This Is Your Brain On Cheese

Quote:It turns out there’s a reason behind our cravings. Cheese contains casein. It also contains casein fragments called casomorphins, a casein-derived morphine-like compound. Basically, dairy protein has opiate molecules built in. When consumed, these fragments attach to the same brain receptors that heroin and other narcotics attach to.
Quote:'These opiates attach to the same brain receptors that heroin and morphine attach to. They are not strong enough to get you arrested, but they are just strong enough to keep you coming back for more, even while your thighs are expanding before your very eyes.' - Dr. Neal Barnard, author of The Cheese Trap
Some researchers believe this occurs as a way to ensure babies (humans, cows, etc.) continue to nurse during infancy, which helps the survival of the species. That helps explain why we look so happy when nursing and also why it feels so good to eat cheese. For perspective, a cup of milk contains 7.7 grams of protein, 80% of which is casein. When converted to cheddar, for example, the protein content multiplies 7-fold, to 56 grams. It’s the most concentrated form of casein in any food in the grocery store. Basically, if milk is cocaine, then cheese is crack.

Music is also a drug ...

Music really is like a drug, researchers say 

How music can affect the brain like a drug

Music is the same as drugs and sex, according to your brain

Now before somebody cries out ... BUT ITS CRIMINAL ... wake up ok ... WE ARE ALL CRIMINALS ALREADY ...

You Commit Three Felonies a Day Laws have become too vague and the concept of intent has disappeared.

Decriminalize the Average Man

8 ways we commit felonies without realizing it

Three Felonies A Day: How the Feds Target the Innocent Paperback 

So please dont come and get all high and might on your moral high horse on the hill of moral high ground with me ok.

There are over a billion laws worldwide and some are contradictory and nobody can follow them all the time so therefor do whatever you want to and just dont get caught like John Mcafee and Julian Assange did etc.

What about the ww2 Nazi use of meth?

What about it indeed? Is it relevant to this conversation? I dont think so. Lets not debate that at all as who wants to enact Godwins Law eh?

So now, is somebody really going to suggest to me that if I take a a gurana and banana smoothie with a slice of cheese and listen to Iron Maiden that I will suddenly turn into a Nazi and lose the fucking plot and hurt or kill somebody [myself included]??? REALLY??? WTFH?!!!

Pick your poisons wisely ok and stop projecting and blaming on drugs ... they are pro and con and one must pick a set of cons one can live with and then benefit from the set of pros that come with that set of cons ok. That way you dont end up bitching like a fucking whinging cunt.

I hope this thread has dispelled the myths surrounding the use of meth amphetamines and that it serves to educate others.
@ all my fellow Rogues ... be well and enjoy! minusculebeercheers

P.S. I would prefer to source Modafinil from the chemist with a prescription but my Psychiatrist will not prescribe it at all to me and so I source meth instead from the black markets.
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
I'll just say this OL...  you are a unique individual. I'm glad you are able to function as well as you do taking meth like that. 
I've seen first-hand what meth and other drugs do to some people, and how it destroys families. 
Everyone's body is different, and while you seem to have things under control, others don't. 
They abuse it to the point of hallucinating, which creates a false reality for them. Sometimes this false reality can cause them to harm others, not to mention putting buying the drug before and above being responsible for the bills they owe. The people around them suffer with worry and lack of things they cannot afford; the money has been spent on drugs/meth. 

I won't go any further. I'll just say, you are one of the lucky ones who has learned how to manage your meth addiction; most aren't so lucky.
@"OmegaLogos" 
My Dear Friend, You understand your condition and you manage the best you can.
That is all anyone can do.
Thank YOU for helping us and others understand better about Meth being used to manage and control your probly's in your everyday life.
Yes, Meth being used responsibly by a person that understands the benefits for themselves.

Stay Strong My Friend and Know We All Always Here For You.
You are part of a Larger Family, You're a Rogue.  minusculebiggrin
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-26-2021, 03:43 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I'll just say this OL...  you are a unique individual. I'm glad you are able to function as well as you do taking meth like that. 
I've seen first-hand what meth and other drugs do to some people, and how it destroys families. 
Everyone's body is different, and while you seem to have things under control, others don't. 
They abuse it to the point of hallucinating, which creates a false reality for them. Sometimes this false reality can cause them to harm others, not to mention putting buying the drug before and above being responsible for the bills they owe. The people around them suffer with worry and lack of things they cannot afford; the money has been spent on drugs/meth. 

I won't go any further. I'll just say, you are one of the lucky ones who has learned how to manage your meth addiction; most aren't so lucky.

That right there is a human problem rather than a drug problem. Some folks have "addictive personalities" that lead them into drug use with a concurrent inability to control themselves. That seems to be getting more prevalent in this day and age, with more and more people embracing the concept that, for some reason, self control is a bad thing. Once they get to that point, drugs are irrelevant, since the lack of self control is within themselves, rather than within the drug. It's the result of an overly permissive society. If their society does not demand self control, most people will simply abandon it. Society has taken to allowing people to blame their own internal shortcomings on an external chemical substance, and lets them get away with it.

I firmly believe addictions, like everything else, can be controlled - if the individual wants to control it. Years and years ago, I used to ingest all manner of psychoactive substances. Then one day I sat thinking, decided that wasn't fun any more, and just quit all of them, cold turkey. It was just a matter of deciding and doing. When I got married the first time, that ex made me promise to quit smoking within 6 months of the wedding. 6 months to the day later, I laid down the cigarettes and stopped smoking for 8 years. Didn't pick them up again until I took up with the woman who would become my second wife.

My third wife was a coke head for years, and then just quit and stayed clean for the next 23 years or so, until the day she died. She had an "addictive personality", but was able to overcome it with sufficient incentive, an incentive that society no longer provides for people.

It's just a matter of will power, mind over matter... and it all starts with a simple decision followed up by determination. Some substances are physically addictive, but even those can be dropped with enough determination and self control - it's just that society no longer requires people to control their damned selves, so if they have no internal compass, they just run wild because it's allowed them to, and society lets them get away with blaming it on the drugs.

If we have enough self control to drop the drugs, we also have enough self control to manage them... but the Permissive Society has allowed people to blame bad behavior on an external substance, so they do, because they can. it's not the drugs fault, it's the individual's fault if they have no control.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"OmegaLogos" 

Yeah, the war on drugs, or terrorism, were never meant to be "won". In case of drugs, they are already here. And there. And everywhere. No amount of "warfare" or punishment or stigmatization of drug users will make them somehow disappear from the society.

But there are drugs, and then there are drugs. Meth can really change a person, both physically and mentally, and for the worse. You seem to be doing well, but everyone is not.

"I am a long term methamphetamine junkie" <- Please do not say that kind of shit. You are first, and foremost, a human being, with human rights, human value, and you should be respected as such. Yeah, you might use some meth every now and then, so what, if you do not commit crimes while at it. (Drug purchases, possession for personal use and the personal use itself should not be crimes, anywhere)

If you are a "long term methamphetamine junkie" what does that make me then? I have been a beer junkie for more than half of my life. Just because alcohol is legal, does not make it any more safe or healthy. But i think that you knew that already.

Peace minusculebeercheers
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(06-26-2021, 04:41 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: @"OmegaLogos" 

Yeah, the war on drugs, or terrorism, were never meant to be "won". In case of drugs, they are already here. And there. And everywhere. No amount of "warfare" or punishment or stigmatization of drug users will make them somehow disappear from the society.

Peace minusculebeercheers

That right there is God's Own Truth. The "war on drugs" was never what it was advertised as. They never meant to eradicate drug use, they just wanted to control the market, take that control away from "cartel" businesses, and retain control of it to themselves in government, to collect taxes and exert control.

It was a power trip, nothing more.

Had they meant to "win" that war, they would have fought like they meant it. They didn't. It would have been "won" long ago if that had ever been the intent.

Now drugs are being "legalized" willy-nilly, and incorporated into government tax structures and control structures.

Just like alcohol was.

And that was always the plan.

The "war" served only to push prices up, far beyond production costs, and now governments are taking advantage of that, raking in the money, and prices of legalized drugs are not dropping.

Because... government. And profits.

Moonshine is a case in point. I used to buy moonshine for 20 dollars a gallon. Then the government got in on the moonshine distribution racket, and now I find it going for as high as 800 dollars a gallon in some places. Marijuana - I used to buy it for 20 dollars an ounce (Mexican) up to 40 dollars an ounce (Panamanian and Columbian), but now it goes for 700 or 800 dollars an ounce, so the government is legalizing it here just to rake in the profits for themselves, and then tax the hell out of it on top of that with taxes of up to 30%.

Even the drug cartels see that handwriting on the wall, and are diversifying their portfolios into human trafficking and smuggling so that they have a business model to fall back on when the government takes complete control of the drug market.

In the words of Vito Corleone - It's just business. Nothing personal.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Quote:Moonshine is a case in point. I used to buy moonshine for 20 dollars a gallon. Then the government got in on the moonshine distribution racket, and now I find it going for as high as 800 dollars a gallon in some places. Marijuana - I used to buy it for 20 dollars an ounce (Mexican) up to 40 dollars an ounce (Panamanian and Columbian), but now it goes for 700 or 800 dollars an ounce, so the government is legalizing it here just to rake in the profits for themselves, and then tax the hell out of it on top of that with taxes of up to 30%.

Gees Louise! I never realized pot had gotten so expensive!   tinywhat I haven't bought any in decades, but like you, last time I bought any it was $20/ounce. And that was just when I had to pay for it. 
I had some family members who grew it, so I got it for free most the time. They knew what they were doing. They had the reputation of having the best pot in the county, and beyond. I think it had to do with the pure mountain dirt where they grew it, because he did nothing special to it. Planted it, and walked away until time to pick.
(06-26-2021, 05:49 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Gees Louise! I never realized pot had gotten so expensive!   tinywhat I haven't bought any in decades, but like you, last time I bought any it was $20/ounce. And that was just when I had to pay for it. 
I had some family members who grew it, so I got it for free most the time. They knew what they were doing. They had the reputation of having the best pot in the county, and beyond. I think it had to do with the pure mountain dirt where they grew it, because he did nothing special to it. Planted it, and walked away until time to pick.

Yeah, I was pretty floored when I saw the price quotes. I guess that's what happens when you're out of the loop too long.

When I was researching the legalization of cannabis in Virginia thread, I ran across a reference of someone complaining that if you went into a dispensary after 1 July, you might be paying up to 130 dollars for a 100 dollar bag of pot due to the new taxes, and I thought "who in the hell buys a hundred bucks worth of pot at a time?" Then I realized that it would amount to what we used to call a "nickel bag" or less...

Back then, you could get a 1 pound brick for anywhere from 300 to 600 bucks, depending on the variety - now 300 bucks will get you just enough pot to wipe the dust out of your smokin' bowl.

I think Fin once said it goes for around 15 dollars a gram in Finland, which works out to about 420 dollars an ounce, quite a bargain these days considering US prices! I've never in my life wanted to get wrecked bad enough to pay the prices they are asking here now.

(06-26-2021, 04:30 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 03:43 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I'll just say this OL...  you are a unique individual. I'm glad you are able to function as well as you do taking meth like that. 

That right there is a human problem rather than a drug problem. Some folks have "addictive personalities" that lead them into drug use with a concurrent inability to control themselves. That seems to be getting more prevalent in this day and age, with more and more people embracing the concept that, for some reason, self control is a bad thing. Once they get to that point, drugs are irrelevant, since the lack of self control is within themselves, rather than within the drug. It's the result of an overly permissive society. If their society does not demand self control, most people will simply abandon it. Society has taken to allowing people to blame their own internal shortcomings on an external chemical substance, and lets them get away with it.

I firmly believe addictions, like everything else, can be controlled - if the individual wants to control it. Years and years ago, I used to ingest all manner of psychoactive substances. Then one day I sat thinking, decided that wasn't fun any more, and just quit all of them, cold turkey. It was just a matter of deciding and doing. When I got married the first time, that ex made me promise to quit smoking within 6 months of the wedding. 6 months to the day later, I laid down the cigarettes and stopped smoking for 8 years. Didn't pick them up again until I took up with the woman who would become my second wife.

My third wife was a coke head for years, and then just quit and stayed clean for the next 23 years or so, until the day she died. She had an "addictive personality", but was able to overcome it with sufficient incentive, an incentive that society no longer provides for people.

It's just a matter of will power, mind over matter... and it all starts with a simple decision followed up by determination. Some substances are physically addictive, but even those can be dropped with enough determination and self control - it's just that society no longer requires people to control their damned selves, so if they have no internal compass, they just run wild because it's allowed them to, and society lets them get away with blaming it on the drugs.

If we have enough self control to drop the drugs, we also have enough self control to manage them... but the Permissive Society has allowed people to blame bad behavior on an external substance, so they do, because they can. it's not the drugs fault, it's the individual's fault if they have no control.

Hit the nail on the head Ninurta.  I got all fucked up on Percocet for years.  I simply loved the way they made me feel, I wished they came with a PEZ dispenser.  I had a great upbringing, so it wasn't mommy and daddy's fault, all my own, through bad choices and worse friends.

When my first daughter was born I made the choice to get clean.  I got into a program with medication, and it helped me get where I am.  I'm not sure I would have if I never had kids, they're the ultimate motivation.

But you're right, if you want to get clean, you have to WANT to get clean.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
The drug isn't the problem. Meth leads into the problem, but it, alone, and taken in isolation of all else, is not the evil that destroys those who partake in it. 

Two words can sum up how Meth does destroy people as well as tainting the lives of all they come into contact with. "The Life". The Life is easily defined and captured by looking at the people, the methods, tactics, and the laws within the world Meth is traded in, and in the end, what being a part of that life does to a person.

I've read medical research papers, peer reviewed mind you, recommending Meth Amphetamine as ADHD medication, as well as application in other areas. That likely has promise, too. Patients using it, presumably, would obtain it through a legal pharmacy. Will that meth destroy them? Well, possibly...but no more so than opiates for chronic pain may destroy that person. Some people are prone to self destruction, and chocolate chip cookies could become addictive for them, while moderation is a thing they simply aren't acquainted with.

Having noted the very strong possibility of benefit from Meth use in controlled supply where things like quality control have some meaning, I'd hasten to add.....street meth is still street meth. It still comes from the street, and purchase points are located in a world invisible to most people, and which will destroy a man long before the drug ever could. 

Stick to 5-Hour energy drinks. One will live longer that way. ;)