Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
small interfering RNA (siRNA)-based therapeutics
Sharing just in case anyone else found this as interesting as I did.

Of course, must of us will not know what has hit us until the genes they are silencing make us deaf, dumb, and blind.

Wait a minute.............
Quote:More than two decades after the natural gene-silencing mechanism of RNA interference was elucidated, small interfering RNA (siRNA)-based therapeutics have finally broken into the pharmaceutical market. With three agents already approved and many others in advanced stages of the drug development pipeline, siRNA drugs are on their way to becoming a standard modality of pharmacotherapy.

The majority of late-stage candidates are indicated for rare or orphan diseases, whose patients have an urgent need for novel and effective therapies. Additionally, there are agents that have the potential to meet the need of a broader population. Inclisiran, for instance, is being developed for hypercholesterolemia and has shown benefit in patients who are uncontrolled even after maximal statin therapy.

This review provides a brief overview of mechanisms of siRNA action, physiological barriers to its delivery and activity, and the most common chemical modifications and delivery platforms used to overcome these barriers. Furthermore, this review presents comprehensive profiles of the three approved siRNA drugs (patisiran, givosiran, and lumasiran) and the seven other siRNA candidates in Phase 3 clinical trials (vutrisiran, nedosiran, inclisiran, fitusiran, teprasiran, cosdosiran, and tivanisiran), summarizing their modifications and delivery strategies, disease-specific mechanisms of action, updated clinical trial status, and future outlooks.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar...5221000289

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(01-31-2022, 05:48 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Sharing just in case anyone else found this as interesting as I did.

Of course, must of us will not know what has hit us until the genes they are silencing make us deaf, dumb, and blind.

Wait a minute.............
Quote:More than two decades after the natural gene-silencing mechanism of RNA interference was elucidated, small interfering RNA (siRNA)-based therapeutics have finally broken into the pharmaceutical market. With three agents already approved and many others in advanced stages of the drug development pipeline, siRNA drugs are on their way to becoming a standard modality of pharmacotherapy.

The majority of late-stage candidates are indicated for rare or orphan diseases, whose patients have an urgent need for novel and effective therapies. Additionally, there are agents that have the potential to meet the need of a broader population. Inclisiran, for instance, is being developed for hypercholesterolemia and has shown benefit in patients who are uncontrolled even after maximal statin therapy.

This review provides a brief overview of mechanisms of siRNA action, physiological barriers to its delivery and activity, and the most common chemical modifications and delivery platforms used to overcome these barriers. Furthermore, this review presents comprehensive profiles of the three approved siRNA drugs (patisiran, givosiran, and lumasiran) and the seven other siRNA candidates in Phase 3 clinical trials (vutrisiran, nedosiran, inclisiran, fitusiran, teprasiran, cosdosiran, and tivanisiran), summarizing their modifications and delivery strategies, disease-specific mechanisms of action, updated clinical trial status, and future outlooks.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar...5221000289

Okay, now that is Scary!
And very possibly the Truth!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Sounds just like...Rockefeller medicine  tinybigeyes 

Why they call it small interfering ? i would not say it`s small if they change RNA .

Yeeh, i agree sounds dangerous . Leave my RNA intact, and DNA also, im a human being who wants to be full human
I can see this going south in a hell of a hurry.

When you get right down to the molecular, genetic level, very few, if any, human traits are controlled by a single gene. What makes you "you" is the effects of the combination of a multiplicity of genes, acting together. If you turn off one gene to control a disease, what OTHER traits might that gene have a hand in contributing to and controlling as well?/ What else might they be changing by turning that one gene off to control a disease?

Nope, nope, nope. that could get hairy, and fraught with unintended consequences.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I've noticed recently that you must be vigilant when it comes to any sort of medical treatment to be sure of what you are getting. The covid vaxx has opened the door to Frankenstein's laboratory. For example, the new shingles vaccines are MRna gene therapy shots which you only find out by reading the extremely fine print. There are hundreds (if not more) of new treatments for everything under the sun that are using the new MRna technology. They are doing numerous studies in our area due to being a big hospital and university town with MRna based treatments for everything from migraines and arthritis to MS and cancers.

It is extremely scary to me. 
I think I would just rather check out naturally than allow Frankenstein to fiddle with my Dna.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(01-31-2022, 11:46 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I think I would just rather check out naturally than allow Frankenstein to fiddle with my Dna.

100% agree with you there.

I try to go the natural route whenever I can. I consume ginger, a lot of fresh raw ginger tea, during the day. A turmeric, lemon, black pepper, coconut water drink every morning, and at bedtime. And fresh star fruit a couple times a day. I also use CBD ointment to my joints, and I either eat or smoke it before bed. It has me still walking, and I was able to forego surgery on my knees, spine, and back.

I fully trust natural over any medical or any man made pharmaceutical treatment.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers