Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Know the language of the country you wish to do business in
The Chinese are introducing a new credit card in this country . The name of the card is "Phing An"... Depending on the dialect phing or even pring is the word for "LEECH" !!  Never a better name for a credit card have I seen ! hahah
By "introducing in this country", do you mean the country you are in, or the US?

But yeah, all credit card companies are leeches. I stopped dealing with credit cards, and credit in general, in 1993. My credit report used to be excellent, and I could get whatever I wanted on just a signature when I stopped using credit. I cut all my cards up because they had their hands so deep into my pockets that if I said my ankle itched, they could scratch it for me. Now my credit report says "Ninurta WHO?" It's been long enough that they no longer know I exist. As far as they are concerned, my SSN must belong to a dead guy, 'cause they think only a dead guy can get by without credit in the modern USA.

I stopped dealing with banks in 2008 altogether, when I caught Bank of America trying to pull down my pants to get a running go at me.

I merely kept what I worked for, and didn't hand it over to leeches any more. If I didn't have enough money in my pocket to buy something, I either saved for it or else I just didn't want or need it bad enough. And I never missed the credit at all. Still don't.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

When the world advertises debt as credit and to be displayed for all that world to see, you know there's an
agenda underway!

Beholding to someone else inhibits personal freedom and yet it's pushed as a positive way of life.
tinyhuh
Even though I'm aware that in the game of life, money is an integral part of our society, the idea of feeling good
about oneself by knowing you are in debt and the finance-sectors technically have the choice to either take what
you covet in a materialistic-manner or allow you to sink further into owing them pieces of paper, alludes me!
tinyhuh
The TV commercials where happy people chatting about checking their personal credit-scores via their cell-phones
is frightening behaviour in the normal world. Yet, the positive spin on sucking-up to the money lenders continues.

But if I could benefit from shackling people to a certain level of living by charging money for lending money to them,
I'd make sure those who were in debt to me felt good about the situation and would return for more of the same!

If the bandleader plays a tune you don't like, no matter how many around you get up to boogie, you should stick to
your guns and not dance. 
(Although in Ninurta's situation, it's a case of literally sticking to ones guns!!)
tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.