Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spiders!!!!!!~
The pictures and article I'm attaching are from The Sun.
Quote:DARK WEB 

‘Spider apocalypse’ hits Australia covering countryside in eerie blankets of cobwebs after biblical mouse plague
[Image: comp-js-spider.jpg?w=660] [Image: NINTCHDBPICT000659383303.jpg?w=620]
[Image: NINTCHDBPICT000659383305.jpg?w=620]
The spiders have attempted to flee the floodwaters in quite the spooky way.
[b]The Gippsland region is blanketed in cobwebs after the floods.[/b]
[b]Source[/b]

OK, is this REAL!!??  tinywhat
I just Peed MySelf!!!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Looks like Australia is gonna need some bigger flamethrowers...

But since they are Australian spiders, won't they just eat all the mice from the Mouseocalypse? Then at least one of those problems will be solved...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-16-2021, 06:57 PM)guohua Wrote: The pictures and article I'm attaching are from The Sun.
Quote:DARK WEB 

‘Spider apocalypse’ hits Australia covering countryside in eerie blankets of cobwebs after biblical mouse plague
[Image: comp-js-spider.jpg?w=660] [Image: NINTCHDBPICT000659383303.jpg?w=620]
[Image: NINTCHDBPICT000659383305.jpg?w=620]
The spiders have attempted to flee the floodwaters in quite the spooky way.
[b]The Gippsland region is blanketed in cobwebs after the floods.[/b]
[b]Source[/b]

OK, is this REAL!!??  tinywhat
I just Peed MySelf!!!

I got caught in a spider ballooning festival a little while back.

I had the heebee jeebees for days.

It is a wonder I am not completely bald.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(06-16-2021, 07:19 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Looks like Australia is gonna need some bigger flamethrowers...

But since they are Australian spiders, won't they just eat all the mice from the Mouseocalypse? Then at least one of those problems will be solved...

They (the spiders) will still need to eat, go I guess after the mice it is the Cats and Dogs and little Children,,,,, spoketoomuch
(06-16-2021, 09:58 PM)guohua Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 07:19 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Looks like Australia is gonna need some bigger flamethrowers...

They (the spiders) will still need to eat, go I guess after the mice it is the Cats and Dogs and little Children,,,,, spoketoomuch

It's happened before but not reported on this scale.  I have seen it some years back and from a distance it looks like frost.  The little buggers get very busy for some reason.  Perhaps after the drought, fires, floods etc last 20 months nature has awakened them and the mice.  

I prefer the spiders than the mice.  Furry blighters get into everything.  Can't avoid them but can avoid the spiders.  Orb spiders are out around my block.  Large sticky webs and hand size spiders generally centered.  I've walked into a couple and do a Nikki Lauder getting the crap off me including the web sacked insects.  

Cheers,

Good pics,

Kind regards,

Bally:)
Nope. No way. Forget it. Not ever.
@"Bally002"  

Quote:Orb spiders are out around my block.  Large sticky webs and hand size spiders generally centered.

WTF!?!? Hand Size Spiders!!??!!??  bigfrightened
I would be carrying my 12 gauge Shotgun Loaded with number#12 shot  tinysure 
That Orb Spider wouldn't be Hand-Size when I got down with it!  angryemoji
wtf OMG! Now my skin is crawling all over!
(06-16-2021, 11:51 PM)guohua Wrote: @"Bally002"  

Quote:Orb spiders are out around my block.  Large sticky webs and hand size spiders generally centered.

WTF!?!? Hand Size Spiders!!??!!??  bigfrightened
I would be carrying my 12 gauge Shotgun Loaded with number#12 shot  tinysure 
That Orb Spider wouldn't be Hand-Size when I got down with it!  angryemoji

Sounds good to me.  Some examples as follows -

[Image: Orb-Spider.jpg]

[Image: Orb-Spider-2.jpg]

[Image: Orb-Spider-3.jpg]

I just don't like walking into the web in the early hours of the morning.

Same with birds,

[Image: Orb-Spider-4.jpg]

Not sure of the bird but the web and catch doesn't surprise me.

Kind regards,

Bally:)
good spot for this tune,

[Image: TWBB.png]

Many things will kill you both in Australia and outer space. The main difference is Australia has air and space does not.. No offense to anyone.
I think I've told this yarn on another thread, but since this thread is called 'Spiders', I fear it won't do any harm
to repeat it.

I live in the UK and the largest of spiders that I've come across currently reside in the eaves of my garage.
One of them is called 'Boris' and he's fairly big and would struggle to fit in an average-sized matchbox.

But once when we were on holiday (vacationing -for our American brothers and sisters!) in Texas, I was accidentally
introduced to Boris' big brother.

My wife, son and I were staying in a motel in Houston and sometime in the early evening and for unknown reasons,
my better-half decided to look under the bed. There in the shadows lay Goliath, a hand-sized Arachnid who seemed
to be enjoying the coolness of the air-conditioned room.

Usually when a spider is seen skittering across the floor at home, my wife tends to move quickly and if there's no slipper
at-hand, she'll call for me with a sense of urgency. This time, I believe she realised Goliath demanded more respect.
Casually relating to me that a monster was sharing our room, I rose from reading a brochure for our next-day trip to the
Space Centre and took a look under the bed.

To estimate the size, I'd suggest using the Latin term 'fuckin' massive'... my usual machismo that is displayed as I rescue
my lady from the grips of these eight-legged beasts -I realised, just wouldn't cut it. No grabbing and quickly taking it to the
garden would do, no calm voice to my wife as the spider was sent packing would suffice, Goliath commanded that I fought
him head-on.

'Bring me my shield' are the words from a chivalric hymn and so slowly reaching for a motel-branded towel, I prepared myself
for the battle ahead. I'm at a loss to give the reader a full descriptive literary of what happened next -possibly because nothing
alarming really happened, but suffice to say, the multi-eyed grotesque was wrestled into the cloth and with a focus I reserve
for getting to a pub-counter or the time I actually locked BIAD in his shed, I made haste towards the motel room's door.

With a deft flick of my wrist, Goliath was hurled from my overnight kingdom and dropped unceremoniously onto the concrete
balcony walkway, sweat poured from my body as it occurred to me that I'd just saved my beloved and only child. Goliath seemed
incapable of reading my relief and merely showed his contempt by slowly unfurling his many appendages and walking away.

Somewhere far off and for reasons they'd never truly understand, burly Vikings were toasting my courage and offering their versions
of how to rebuke the the terrors that hide under places of slumber. For me... I went back to finishing my lukewarm bottle of soda
and to ruminate on why the heading on the brochure was spelled 'Center' instead of 'Centre'.
tinysurprised

Ninurta would agree, evil never sleeps... it just waits under places you do.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
This reminds me of a night time barbecue back when my daughters were teens. We were just grilling some good food and listening to some new music when we started noticing a few spiders. The next thing we knew we were jumping and climbing on top of anything we could as millions, maybe billions of spiders migrated across our yard! You could not even see the grass or even the street as a solid "carpet" of spiders made their way through. I sat on top of a tall stack of lumber for over two hours until the bulk of them had passed. The girls had nightmares for months!

I never saw anything like it before or since but that night will always be ingrained in my brain! 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
I had an old Dodge which I had taken the engine out of to replace it with a good motor. I sat it in a wooden engine crate, and life was great, Fast forward a year or so. I'm walking past the engine setting right at the woods and looked over that way, the motor looked brown and indistinguishable, just a moving mass of brown. I walked over to it and to my surprise, it was covered with Daddy Longlegs spiders. Literally hundreds of thousands. You could not see the engine, only the now bloated shape of what was an engine. Actually quite a magnificent display of nature.
[url=https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS934US934&q=how+to+pronounce+indistinguishable&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAOMIfcTozC3w8sc9YSmrSWtOXmM04eINKMrPK81LzkwsyczPE5LlYglJLcoVEpUS5hLMzEvJLC7JzEsvzSzOSEzKSbViUWJKzeNZxKqUkV-uUJKvUADUnA_UnaqAoRYAbBp9w20AAAA&pron_lang=en&pron_country=us&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjyhZzs957xAhXQHc0KHZXMDfsQ3eEDMAB6BAgDEAc][/url]