Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone here posts on Tik Tok
Here is something you should beware of if you're a Tik Tok poster or possibly just a viewer,,,, The Could Be Scary Shit.

Quote:Chinese Communist Party wants your faceprint and fingerprints on TikTok

huhwhat
                                                                                                                                  WHY?

Quote:The CCP wants your faceprints and your fingerprints.
What could possibly go wrong? They have that notice in the TikTok fine print.
Just the News reported that the terms of service allow it to harvest “biometric identifiers and biometric information.”
Who reads those minutely-printed notices?

The extremely popular website, with the CCP as its overlords, has granted itself permission to collect users’ “biometric identifiers,” specifically fingerprints and faceprints, as part of a recently revised term-of-service arrangement.

We have known for some time that they are collecting billions of bites of information about us in a number of ways, including via TikTok.

Former secretary of state Mike Pompeo and then-President Trump tried to get it banned for that reason.

“Where required by law, we will seek any required permissions from you prior to any such collection,” the company added. [And you can trust commies to do that]
Source

Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I'm looking for a really big ink blotter at the moment, 'cause the CCP can have my ass print to hang on their office wall in a frame, and nothing more.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-08-2021, 07:51 PM)guohua Wrote: Here is something you should beware of if you're a Tik Tok poster or possibly just a viewer,,,, The Could Be Scary Shit.

Quote:Chinese Communist Party wants your faceprint and fingerprints on TikTok

huhwhat
                                                                                                                                  WHY?

Quote:The CCP wants your faceprints and your fingerprints.
What could possibly go wrong? They have that notice in the TikTok fine print.
Just the News reported that the terms of service allow it to harvest “biometric identifiers and biometric information.”
Who reads those minutely-printed notices?

The extremely popular website, with the CCP as its overlords, has granted itself permission to collect users’ “biometric identifiers,” specifically fingerprints and faceprints, as part of a recently revised term-of-service arrangement.

We have known for some time that they are collecting billions of bites of information about us in a number of ways, including via TikTok.

Former secretary of state Mike Pompeo and then-President Trump tried to get it banned for that reason.

“Where required by law, we will seek any required permissions from you prior to any such collection,” the company added. [And you can trust commies to do that]
Source

and everybody thought trump was crazy for wanting to ban them in the U.S., go figure.
[Image: TWBB.png]

Don't do any of them. I found an old post I made asking for help understanding Twitter. Never understood it, never joined.

Dumped Facebook after my children were grown, and have never seen Tik Tok, outside of what was posted to YouTube.

Having said all of that, I have no fear of China. It is the US government that gives me concern.

I think our biggest problem is that we don't have a clear definition for what is the function of our Federal government. The Federal government is not our nanny, our God, our provider.

At least not to me.

It is the responsibility of the local government to identify, and support the people in meeting their needs. Not the job of the Federal government to control the people, and not the job of the Federal government to tell the people what to think, do, or desire.

We need to step up and take responsibility for our own communities. We need to stop thinking the Federal government is going to come to our rescue.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Never used Tik Tok. I only keep my FB to talk to family that live too far away to see in person. I have Twitter, but mostly just scan for news and do retweets if I see anything important. Since they purged most all the Conservatives who had a large voice, it has become boring. 
I have a GAB account, but most everything there is just people taking snapshots of Twitter posts, so, it's boring too. 

I've been spending most my time off RN on the new site the banned Patriots made for all of us, called The Fox Hole. 
More and more content creators are joining all the time. It's like a one-stop-shop for what ever topic you like to hear on live streams. Then the replays are available underneath the channel. 

I saw on Twitter this morning that Biden was undoing the ban on Tik Tok that Pres. Trump had put in place. 
It's so easy to see who is in charge now, and it ain't Biden.
(06-09-2021, 05:30 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Don't do any of them. I found an old post I made asking for help understanding Twitter. Never understood it, never joined.

Dumped Facebook after my children were grown, and have never seen Tik Tok, outside of what was posted to YouTube.

Having said all of that, I have no fear of China. It is the US government that gives me concern.

I think our biggest problem is that we don't have a clear definition for what is the function of our Federal government. The Federal government is not our nanny, our God, our provider.

At least not to me.

It is the responsibility of the local government to identify, and support the people in meeting their needs. Not the job of the Federal government to control the people, and not the job of the Federal government to tell the people what to think, do, or desire.

We need to step up and take responsibility for our own communities. We need to stop thinking the Federal government is going to come to our rescue.

Absolutely.

We need to bring the bulk of the seat of government back to local, closer to the people it actually governs. Government of a people from a distance has never worked out very well. Real government has to actually be down in the trenches with them so that it can see and gauge the results of it's action on THEM, not gauge it by the results on a people 1500 miles away from them. What's "good" for Los Angeles is not necessarily "good" for Tanner's Crossroads, WV. There is no "one size fits all" government, and that is the only kind the Federal Government is equipped to provide.

According to the Constitution, The Federal government is there to deal with foreign relations as a nation, trade, war, and the like, and to settle disputes between states, "regulate interstate commerce", and provide for the common defense. They have extended themselves beyond their remit over time, and have used the "interstate commerce" clause to seize power that is not theirs to seize, to deal with things that have no bearing on interstate commerce whatsoever.

They need to be brought back into their proper framework, and the micromanaging of things they know nothing about has to end. 

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Quote:Anyone here posts on Tik Tok

Only when I wish to tell the CCP about my fantasy of seeing Xi running down the streets of Beijing with F-22's flying overhead at treetop level ...  tinylaughing

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(06-09-2021, 05:30 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Don't do any of them...

'Nuff said -in my opinion. The only internet-related area I type on is here. A place I know is scrutinised by
some because of the various political views and hopefully, because of BIAD's bare bottom.
tinylaughing

But in the main, Rogue Nation carries a member who are reasonable and willing to hear the many sides
of a discussion, a rarity on today's internet.

TikTok is nothing more than the mirror that youngsters used to use when fantasizing of being a pop-star
and emulating their performances in their bedrooms. Sadly, with imagination being so stunted due to
businesses falling over each other to produce a specific 'can-only-be' product and the nurtured self-obsessed
need to be famous, such social media platforms abuse their customers by requiring information that could be
sold to those who benefit from such statistics.

It's all about the Benjamins!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(06-09-2021, 09:59 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Absolutely.

We need to bring the bulk of the seat of government back to local, closer to the people it actually governs. Government of a people from a distance has never worked out very well. Real government has to actually be down in the trenches with them so that it can see and gauge the results of it's action on THEM, not gauge it by the results on a people 1500 miles away from them. What's "good" for Los Angeles is not necessarily "good" for Tanner's Crossroads, WV. There is no "one size fits all" government, and that is the only kind the Federal Government is equipped to provide.

According to the Constitution, The Federal government is there to deal with foreign relations as a nation, trade, war, and the like, and to settle disputes between states, "regulate interstate commerce", and provide for the common defense. They have extended themselves beyond their remit over time, and have used the "interstate commerce" clause to seize power that is not theirs to seize, to deal with things that have no bearing on interstate commerce whatsoever.

They need to be brought back into their proper framework, and the micromanaging of things they know nothing about has to end. 

Perfectly said.

• minusculebeercheers 

(06-10-2021, 09:04 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 05:30 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Don't do any of them...

'Nuff said -in my opinion. The only internet-related area I type on is here. A place I know is scrutinised by
some because of the various political views and hopefully, because of BIAD's bare bottom.
tinylaughing

But in the main, Rogue Nation carries a member who are reasonable and willing to hear the many sides
of a discussion, a rarity on today's internet.

TikTok is nothing more than the mirror that youngsters used to use when fantasizing of being a pop-star
and emulating their performances in their bedrooms. Sadly, with imagination being so stunted due to
businesses falling over each other to produce a specific 'can-only-be' product and the nurtured self-obsessed
need to be famous, such social media platforms abuse their customers by requiring information that could be
sold to those who benefit from such statistics.

It's all about the Benjamins!

Yeah. I does look like we have sold our souls. 

I know that we all have a price. I am disheartened about just how little value some place on theirs.

• minusculebeercheers