Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A new way of lighting side walks and maybe more
The first thing I thought of was a scene from Avatar in the jungle at night with everything glowing a soft color. This is something I hope catches on an comes to a city near all of us. Supposedly the glow product (Starpath) will last for 30 years and will glow for 10 hours after being exposed to the suns UV light. NEAT IMO !

See link for video

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/...thway.html
Quote:The future of street lighting? Unique paint-like coating transforms ANY surface into a light-responsive pathway that glows for over 10 hours
  • STARPATH coating makes ordinary pathways glow in the dark during the night  
  • The coating is powered by UV light, making it safe for both humans and animals
  • It is now the world's first global excellence award-winning UV powered pathway
  • It reduces the need for expensive and environmentally harmful street lighting
(06-07-2021, 10:45 AM)727Sky Wrote: The first thing I thought of was a scene from Avatar in the jungle at night with everything glowing a soft color. This is something I hope catches on an comes to a city near all of us. Supposedly the glow product (Starpath) will last for 30 years and will glow for 10 hours after being exposed to the suns UV light. NEAT IMO !

Weird, but subtly effective!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9475]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
@"BIAD" 

Just think of all the things that can hide in the dark brush to the sides of the UV-sidewalk!  tinybigeyes

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(06-07-2021, 04:27 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"BIAD" 

Just think of all the things that can hide in the dark brush to the sides of the UV-sidewalk!  tinybigeyes

Cheers

Aye! They can see you, because you are lit up by the path, but you can't see them...

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-07-2021, 04:35 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 04:27 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"BIAD" 

Cheers

Aye! They can see you, because you are lit up by the path, but you can't see them...

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

@F2d5thCav & @Ninurta
Yes, I have to agree. Rapists tend to stick to the shadows off the path. I think it's the fourth piece of
advice in the 'How To Assimilate In Britain' manual.
tinyhuh
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.