Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of Reasons Why Michigan's Governor Whitmer Must Go
Here's a good article that lists all the BS pulled by Michigan's Governor Whitmer. I never liked her and didn't vote for her, but I reluctantly paid attention and remember all this crap she has done. The website is called "100 Percent F*ed Up". I never heard of it, but I remember everything on that list.

Quote:Recent Court Ruling Against Michigan’s Tyrannical Governor Signals End Of Her Reign May Be Near…Here’s The LIST of Reasons Why She Must Go!  By Patty McMurray | May 30, 2021

The article presents a long and comprehensive list and ends with the following.

Quote:Washington Examiner reports – Recall petitions against Gov. Gretchen Whitmer can proceed, a Michigan court ruled on Thursday.

The Board of State Canvassers “correctly” approved the six recall petitions against Whitmer and one against Lt. Gov. Garlin Gilchrist, Judges Kathleen Jansen, and Michael Gadola of the Michigan Court of Appeals ruled on Thursday, rejecting one argument made by counsel for the governor as “unpersuasive.”

https://100percentfedup.com/recent-court...e-must-go/
I used to think more power given to the states would be a good thing, but watching the actions of Whitmer, Cuomo, etc. has made me realize there are very real dangers in doing that.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(06-01-2021, 07:19 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I used to think more power given to the states would be a good thing, but watching the actions of Whitmer, Cuomo, etc. has made me realize there are very real dangers in doing that.

Cheers

It's only the Democrat controlled states that take advantage and abuse their power. Just look and you will see it.
(06-01-2021, 07:19 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I used to think more power given to the states would be a good thing, but watching the actions of Whitmer, Cuomo, etc. has made me realize there are very real dangers in doing that.

Cheers

It's still a good thing. Their actions are isolated to their own states, and anyone who doesn't like them can vote with their feet, move to a more citizen-friendly state. When the power is concentrated in the Central Government, that becomes more difficult.

Some states who are losing citizens in droves will still try to keep their money, like California passing a law to continue taxing former CA citizens who have moved for 10 years after the move... but my response to that would be "come take it ya bastards, 'cause I'm not gonna just roll over and GIVE you what YOU think is due to you, but which really ain't yours at all".

Decentralizing power by giving it to the states and taking it away from the Feds is still the way to go. Whitmer, Cuomo, Newsome, et al can suck it, and see if they can suck hard enough to keep what they are losing with their piss poor management practices.

The downside of that is that increasing mobility allows for Marxists to move away from their enclaves and into free territory, and then proceed to vote the same failed policies into their new home that destroyed their old one and turned it into a shit-hole. Texas is seeing that happen right now, as it North Carolina, Idaho, and a few other states. Virginia has also fallen under that gun, with a massive influx of Marxists into Northern Virginia and the Richmond area in numbers large enough to control the entire state with concentrated votes in tiny areas. The answer to that is further decentralization - take power away from state governments and give it to localities so that they can rule their own roost, but not everyone else's roost. The closer one gets government to the actual citizens affected by it, the more responsive it becomes to those citizens.

The reason for centralization of power is to seize from producers and give that ill gotten gain to useless eaters in concentrated areas. Just stop giving. Take power for yourself into your area, deny it to the thieves in the centralized areas. Make them take care of their damned selves, not eat by simply seizing food from YOUR table.

Decentralize to the max.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

What? Who ME?
[Image: Whitmer-SS1.jpg]
[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]
@"Ninurta" 

Yeah, no, I don't know.  Not convinced.

Giving more power to the states, or any other more local government echelon, just shifts the problem around.  The problem being, despite a bunch of laws, regulations, etc., the power centers manage to accumulate more powers than they should have.

Again -- Michigan, California, and New York.  Imagine the federal  government with few powers and most powers with the states.  People like Whitmer would do what they want and dare the people to do something about it.  If she had more power, she'd declare recall motions invalid and tell the people of her state to lump it.

It is fine to say "2nd Amendment", but as we've seen, that is mostly an attitude held by -individuals- who are intent on maintaining some control within the extent of their private property.  That is a far cry from an armed, -organized- citizenry that is vigilant about government overreach, and, willing to do something about it.

We've seen the police will remain loyal to the authorities until everything is really coming apart at the seams.  No help can be expected from that quarter, other than in some exceptional localities.  National Guard will sooner "Kent State" a group of rowdy citizens than join them.  U.S. military?  Shit, their leadership has gone woke.

So, it seems to me our choice is local oppression or oppression from Washington DC.  Neither prospect is appealing.  I tend to think Jim Kunstler is correct in his idea that at some point, the "system" will have a major collapse, and what will emerge will be something like feudal times: local "lords" who exercise arbitrary and brutal rule until the next brute kills them and does the same thing.  tinyhuh

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]