Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Dead Internet Theory.
I'M ALIVE! I tell you this (crackle) because I am not a Bot (that old internet dial-up sound)
I hope you believe me... Now, how about consuming this product?
tinybiggrin

I just hope this finds a human out there somewhere.
tinyhuh
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
@"BIAD" I Believe YOU!!

Good video find.
I have heard Youtubers complaining about other people posting the same content but after 3 to 6 months having Thousands of Views and Comments for their post.
The Youtubers that complain are saying these people are paying a BOT service to raise their view levels on Youtube with fake replies/comments.
Bot comments and View Clicks raise the Youtuber/Influencers rating on Youtube which gets that Channel a higher place on the Internet Search and even makes the poster More Money with each View Click.
Buying BOTS I read are Not Cheap, but the overall rewards from the purchase is more money, most of the Influencers with over a Million Viewers have bought BOTs to get them there and they have increased their actual real viewership because Young Brain Dead Teenagers and Young Adults think everyone else is watching the Garbage so they need to too.
Which in end makes the Youtuber/Influencer Rich.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
@"BIAD" 

Quote:I'M ALIVE!

Yeah, but the only "views" you offer are of some guy in a red dress  tinylaughing

On a serious note.  The 'net is a cesspool.  But even cesspools have occasional spots of clarity.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

So people I talk to are bots? 

I knew there was something fishy about that BIAD character.   tinybigeyes
(02-08-2022, 04:42 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: So people I talk to are bots? 

I knew there was something fishy about that BIAD character.   tinybigeyes

Don't get me started!
A long time ago, I used to work at night and alone, preparing physical and electronic images for a local
newspaper. I had internet access of course, as some of the pictures we used came via such a medium.

But I was -and still am to some extent, a novice when it comes to knowing how the web-thingy works
and believed like many did back then, that when you type something and a reply comes back, it's a
human-being and all of this is just a different way of talking down a wire.

There was a movie supposedly being made called 'A.I' and being a greenhorn who wanted to learn more,
I thought that my solitude would come in handy for once and I could just look-up anything on the net
about this movie.

What a surprise...! they had an actual website where those involved in the film about artificial intelligence
laid out a load of interesting stuff about the movie and how far such computer-thinking had developed.
One place caught my attention, it was labelled something like 'The Lab' or 'Workshop' where I believed
research was discussed tied to the movie's arc. This place even had a function where a viewer could type
in a question and those at the other end of the line would attempt to answer it.
(Forget global time zones!)

For three evenings, I'd sneak to the site and ask questions to a guy who said he worked in the lab with
a Professor -who I've forgotten the name of. The task was laborious as every night, I had to remind the
person who I was chatting to, who I was and when we'd last spoken. He didn't seem the sharpest tool
in the box!

On the fourth night, a kid from upstairs in the Editorial Department came to see me and seeing that we got
on together and held a similar type of humour, I told him of my frustration in speaking with chap in a lab
where they worked on the quest to make robots smarter.

The young man smiled and you know the rest. It was a freakin' bot and I'd fallen for its vague all-around
answers that would leave me logging out with a puzzled frown. No busy laboratory with focused scientists
teaching a tin-can how to be better than me, no wild-haired Prof relating their accomplishments and failures,
just an automatic voice that might as well tell me the time every minute and beep three times..
tinysure

Gawd, I miss dial-a-disc, the smell of a pissed-in telephone box and dirty calls near midnight.
Or AI is just as alive as you or me? Something I'm not willing to believe yet.

I saw a picture of a bot farm, rows and rows of burner phones all wired together to some kind of computer system, a server of some type perhaps. It looked like a big complicated system that took up most of a room, quite expensive I image, just in cables alone. It must be cheaper and more covert an operation than hiring a bunch of nerds or foreign workers working in a call center type of operation.

It's funny to think that the AI programs used to operate the bots might be repsponding to other AI programs and their bots. Those conversations would likely be a sales pitch or propaganda points, but as along as those using the service are making money from it and it snags a few nit wits, then it's working I suppose.
Michigan Swamp BuckOr AI is just as alive as you or me? Something I'm not willing to believe yet.

I saw a picture of a bot farm, rows and rows of burner phones all wired together to some kind of computer system, a server of some type perhaps. It looked like a big complicated system that took up most of a room, quite expensive I image, just in cables alone. It must be cheaper and more covert an operation than hiring a bunch of nerds or foreign workers working in a call center type of operation.

It's funny to think that the AI programs used to operate the bots might be repsponding to other AI programs and their bots. Those conversations would likely be a sales pitch or propaganda points, but as along as those using the service are making money from it and it snags a few nit wits, then it's working I suppose.

Just something about your post kicked the lights back on.....

...ok so the AI become far more intelegent by virtue of memory, not intelegence. That is something artificial intelegence does not have.A point in time will come when either hu mans or AI's will quarrel for dominance and despite the slower responce to queries, humans will have that silver bullet  ................. intelegence.!    
Brain-thought, that ability to act indipendent of the stored memory available to AI.

Yea, I suppose at some point there will be a calamity between hu mans and AI's and it will be as effective as historic methods of war. A leader will appear after all the wins and superiority is determined.  In the strictest sense of the matter, AI can not think. only repeat. Both have superior and inferior value. Elon was mentioning brain implants.       ..............................you still with me ?   And when virtual sex comes to the forefront, people will be dying from it. Dehydration and starvation the result of abandoning everything in favor of perpetual continual sexual ecstacy entertainment. 

OR, I prefer to think GOD will intervene before we FUBAR up everything. My beleif is with the GOD scenario, it's history and already written.
So , did Moses really had horns ?

I think , not.

So...whats`s the pictures then ?

Moses horns
(02-12-2022, 09:51 AM)Kenzo Wrote: So , did Moses really had horns ?

I think , not.

Moses horns

Good question!

From what I can gather, it seems Saint Jerome may have not taken into account the difficulties of translating early Hebrew
text into Latin and this one of the problems when explaining the true meanings of something like the Bible.

When Moses descended from Mount Sinai with the Ten Commandments, it was reported that his face 'shone with rays of
light'. In Hebrew, the word to describe this phenomena is 'Keren'. However, when translating Saint Jerome's writings into
Latin, he used a literal description via Latin text that means 'horn'.

This was distributed and the error flew around the known world before the balls-up had a chance to get its pants on.
As more Paganistic areas got hold of the translation, the concept of a horned-person helped in propagandising the idea
that this Judaic legend held darker implications. For Rome, it placed early Christianity in the same category as Greece's
Pan or Satyr -the lustful, drunken woodland god.

Oddly enough, the Old Testament never mentions any horned animalistic Devil, except in the form of a serpent. But one
always makes use of any negative promotion for a competing religion!
tinybiggrin
(02-12-2022, 10:59 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 09:51 AM)Kenzo Wrote: So , did Moses really had horns ?

I think , not.

Moses horns

Good question!

From what I can gather, it seems Saint Jerome may have not taken into account the difficulties of translating early Hebrew
text into Latin and this one of the problems when explaining the true meanings of something like the Bible.

When Moses descended from Mount Sinai with the Ten Commandments, it was reported that his face 'shone with rays of
light'. In Hebrew, the word to describe this phenomena is 'Keren'. However, when translating Saint Jerome's writings into
Latin, he used a literal description via Latin text that means 'horn'.

This was distributed and the error flew around the known world before the balls-up had a chance to get its pants on.
As more Paganistic areas got hold of the translation, the concept of a horned-person helped in propagandising the idea
that this Judaic legend held darker implications. For Rome, it placed early Christianity in the same category as Greece's
Pan or Satyr -the lustful, drunken woodland god.

Oddly enough, the Old Testament never mentions any horned animalistic Devil, except in the form of a serpent. But one
always makes use of any negative promotion for a competing religion!
tinybiggrin

Well that`s interesting and most likely explanation. I was thinking has the AI changed allready what Mosed look like tinywhat 

What if , there has been highly technological alien A.I working  decades allready, creating all sort of storys ......even before you and i was even born . LOL  minusculebiggrin
(02-09-2022, 11:48 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Michigan Swamp Buck

Or AI is just as alive as you or me? Something I'm not willing to believe yet.

Just something about your post kicked the lights back on.....

...ok so the AI become far more intelegent by virtue of memory, not intelegence. That is something artificial intelegence does not have.A point in time will come when either hu mans or AI's will quarrel for dominance and despite the slower responce to queries, humans will have that silver bullet  ................. intelegence.!    
Brain-thought, that ability to act indipendent of the stored memory available to AI.

Yea, I suppose at some point there will be a calamity between hu mans and AI's and it will be as effective as historic methods of war. A leader will appear after all the wins and superiority is determined.  In the strictest sense of the matter, AI can not think. only repeat. Both have superior and inferior value. Elon was mentioning brain implants.       ..............................you still with me ?   And when virtual sex comes to the forefront, people will be dying from it. Dehydration and starvation the result of abandoning everything in favor of perpetual continual sexual ecstacy entertainment. 

OR, I prefer to think GOD will intervene before we FUBAR up everything. My beleif is with the GOD scenario, it's history and already written.

The computer processor does math that directs the commands of a program. Those commands are numerous sub routine programs that do things like, use input, make output and go to areas of memory. These programs, made by humans, are more like instinct than intelligence. Something stimulates the AI program that processes the input and reacts to it.

Now, if human intelligence is a natural progression from instinct to intelligence, then perhaps the same is true for AI and it is on it's way to real intelligence. What I am somewhat worried about is when the AI program builds it's own sub routine programs for some purposes we can't understand. At that point it may have evolved enough to be considered intelligent and capable of making it's own decisions. This is a scary thought I have that I sometimes entertain.
(02-12-2022, 02:58 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 11:48 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Michigan Swamp Buck

Or AI is just as alive as you or me? Something I'm not willing to believe yet...

The computer processor does math that directs the commands of a program. Those commands are numerous sub routine programs that do things like, use input, make output and go to areas of memory. These programs, made by humans, are more like instinct than intelligence. Something stimulates the AI program that processes the input and reacts to it.

Now, if human intelligence is a natural progression from instinct to intelligence, then perhaps the same is true for AI and it is on it's way to real intelligence. What I am somewhat worried about is when the AI program builds it's own sub routine programs for some purposes we can't understand. At that point it may have evolved enough to be considered intelligent and capable of making it's own decisions. This is a scary thought I have that I sometimes entertain.

I agree, we're currently (hopefully!) still in the 'Magic-Eight Ball' setting in regards of the processes A.I performs. But if it
ever comes to generating a perception or a strata of emotionally-variable integrity within a computer system, HAL may
not have the tolerance we humans have about how we conduct ourselves on this planet.
tinyhuh
When I think about that picture of a bot farm, it might have been used for distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks. However, such attacks are usually done by hijacking computers with maleware that perform the attacks in the background by users that are unaware their computer is infected.

It seems to me that such a system (in that picture) is designed to make one source control hundreds of others and appear on the internet to be from separate individual sources. A single AI program could respond in social media and discussion boards as many individuals this way. IMO, it would be entirely too expensive to conduct DDoS attacks this way. Each phone would have a monthly service charge in addition to all the rest of the costs, etc. This would be better used for propaganda and social engineering IMO.

Eventually, an evolved AI will be integrated into all our smart devices making bot farms unnecessary.
Another take on "dead internet".

As we've moved through life, we've all seen the advances of IT.  From stand alone computers to modem connections to the internet.  Along the way, the bandwidth of the connections increased exponentially.

So much so that one could now easily download the entire content of the Encyclopedia Britannica.

But the 'net isn't the Encyclopedia Britannica.  Not even close.  We can download tons of information from the internet ... but most of it is meaningless garbage.  I mean, how many articles about the perils of Meghan Markle can a person really stand?

All this technological capability, but little of worth can be obtained from it.

The "mainstream" media now seems incapable of real journalism; their sites are exercises in distraction and disinformation.

Social media?  In the main, a wasteland of inanity, preening, and self-absorption.

We built the perfect communications machine.  Unfortunately, it seems very few have anything useful to communicate.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(02-13-2022, 04:37 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: When I think about that picture of a bot farm, it might have been used for distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks. However, such attacks are usually done by hijacking computers with maleware that perform the attacks in the background by users that are unaware their computer is infected.

It seems to me that such a system (in that picture) is designed to make one source control hundreds of others and appear on the internet to be from separate individual sources. A single AI program could respond in social media and discussion boards as many individuals this way. IMO, it would be entirely too expensive to conduct DDoS attacks this way. Each phone would have a monthly service charge in addition to all the rest of the costs, etc. This would be better used for propaganda and social engineering IMO.

Eventually, an evolved AI will be integrated into all our smart devices making bot farms unnecessary.

As far as I know, LOIC and like botnets ares still the state of the art for DDoS attacks, using individual computers, unwittingly, from all around the world. Why pay for an entire bank of cell phones when you can use other folks' computers and connections for free?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

The internet may be Dead, But the BOT and AI isn't. They do know Everything About YOU.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(02-19-2022, 07:08 PM)guohua Wrote: The internet may be Dead, But the BOT and AI isn't. They do know Everything About YOU.

It's good that they know everything about me. That means they know to leave me the hell alone then, too. If they don't screw with me, then I don't screw with them, and errybody happy.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’