Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I am really glad I am not there to watch the insanity
(05-12-2021, 09:34 AM)727Sky Wrote:

I accidentally hit the wrong rating on this thread; sorry 727.  The site won't let me change it. The video is a great one.  Very interesting talk by Tucker. I had no idea inflation was that bad, although with the way money is being thrown around with such abandon, hyperinflation and the Weimar Republic entered my mind.
A fine example of how the news is manipulated.

Is Tucker or The New York Times lying about queues at the gas-pumps?
He showed the headline denying the price increases and queues from the Times and now (12th May)
The Times says:

Quote:Gas Pipeline Hack Leads to Panic Buying in the Southeast
The national average for a gallon of regular gasoline rose 2 cents on Tuesday, and some airlines
began to take small measures in response to the shutdown...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9360]
NYT:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(05-12-2021, 12:25 PM)BIAD Wrote: A fine example of how the news is manipulated.

Is Tucker or The New York Times lying about queues at the gas-pumps?
He showed the headline denying the price increases and queues from the Times and now (12th May)
The Times says:

Quote:Gas Pipeline Hack Leads to Panic Buying in the Southeast
The national average for a gallon of regular gasoline rose 2 cents on Tuesday, and some airlines
began to take small measures in response to the shutdown...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9360]
NYT:

I don't know about the nationwide increase, but it increased a bit over 30 cents a gallon here yesterday.

There is panic buying going on - the same thing that brought us the Great Toilet Paper Shortage of 2020. This image was alleged to have been captured at a pump here yesterday:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9361]

Dumbasses are running around like Chicken Little, doing all manner of unseemly shit. Meanwhile, I just sit on my veranda, rifle across my lap, rocking, smoking a pipe, and watching the world go by.

And waiting to see if any of that unseemly shit manages to find it's way up this holler.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

So there is an enormous infrastructure bill being debated and WHAM!!! We get an infrastructure emergency. And the administration wants to take a hands off approach. 

Amazing stuff. 

I feel for the folks needing gas down south and out east. First there was a virus so deadly we needed to close all the businesses. Now that some those businesses who survived are opening up, they want to pay folks to stay at home. Those who want to go back to work, now can't get there because there is little to no gas to get them to their job. 

[Image: WERFVWEFV.jpg]

***My apologies on the cropped pic. I cannot figure out how to resize so it fits.
I tried to listen to the video,I couldn't. I can't stand Tucker Carlson, and as I suspected he did not disappoint. The first five minutes shows he is just as condescending, disingenuous, and he continues to lead people down a path of distorted truths, if they allow themselves to follow him in that direction.

Last April it was clear that the oil and gas industry was in trouble and that the way out was not going to be pretty.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/...r-BB12WpFo

I won't even begin to discuss the situation that jobs and unemployment are today, but I can assure you that this situation was not constructed in five months.

I am not going to get into the T vs B debate. I dislike both of them but we can't blame either of them for the mess we find ourselves in. Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin has been written on the wall for so long that we became blind to it.

We have been warned, and for a very long time, so whatever puppet they have sitting in the city on the hill is not to blame.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(05-12-2021, 01:06 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Dumbasses are running around like Chicken Little, doing all manner of unseemly shit. Meanwhile, I just sit on my veranda, rifle across my lap, rocking, smoking a pipe, and watching the world go by.

And waiting to see if any of that unseemly shit manages to find it's way up this holler.

Been through shortages, and the lines for gas in the 70s, in the 90s, and every time we get a hurricane warning.

Like you, I just don't play the game. I don't have a rifle, and I don't smoke a pipe, just a rocking chair, and just watching.

• minusculebeercheers 

(05-12-2021, 08:00 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I don't have a rifle, and I don't smoke a pipe, just a rocking chair, and just watching.

Yeah, but as I recall, you are one of the ones who rocks rather carelessly dressed, and I think that counts just as much! We all do our part for world-wide Curmudgeonry!

I firmly believe that a lot of this madness would stop being done to folks if they would simply refuse to allow it to be done to them, and in cases like this it would not be done to them if they did not do it to themselves. Sure, a major pipeline got cyber-punked, but that pipe only carries something slightly less than half of the fuel for the southeast and east coast, and is sure to be rapidly repaired. Folks are doing this to themselves though panic buying and hoarding fuel they aren't going to actually need.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(05-12-2021, 09:28 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 08:00 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I don't have a rifle, and I don't smoke a pipe, just a rocking chair, and just watching.

Yeah, but as I recall, you are one of the ones who rocks rather carelessly dressed, and I think that counts just as much! We all do our part for world-wide Curmudgeonry!

I seldom dress carelessly.

I just sometimes don't dress at all.

Saves on detergent, water, gas, and electricity. See, doing my part for the environment. 
minusculebeercheers

• minusculebeercheers 

(05-12-2021, 09:28 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I firmly believe that a lot of this madness would stop being done to folks if they would simply refuse to allow it to be done to them, and in cases like this it would not be done to them if they did not do it to themselves.

We have to first, stop waiting for someone to tell us what to think, say, or do.

Then we may be able to see what is right in front of our faces, and act accordingly.

We can't blame a society, or a government, for stealing from us what we handed over freely. I know how hard it is to stand by your convictions when you believe you are doing what is right, when everyone else is going along with the wrong and lamenting it.

I have paid dearly for my stubbornness, and for my unwillingness to go along to get along, and it looks like that is not about to end anytime soon.

• minusculebeercheers 

(05-12-2021, 09:32 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 09:28 PM)Ninurta Wrote:

I seldom dress carelessly.

I just sometimes don't dress at all.

Saves on detergent, water, gas, and electricity. See, doing my part for the environment. 
minusculebeercheers

Yeah, but I was trying to be delicate, in my usual bull-in-a-china-shop way.

But kudos on saving the planet through nudity! it would be a better world, and probably a friendlier one since few would be able to conceal weapons, if we all did the same!

(05-12-2021, 09:42 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: We can't blame a society, or a government, for stealing from us what we handed over freely. I know how hard it is to stand by your convictions when you believe you are doing what is right, when everyone else is going along with the wrong and lamenting it.

I have paid dearly for my stubbornness, and for my unwillingness to go along to get along, and it looks like that is not about to end anytime soon.

I understand that. I'm taking a lot of crap currently for stubbornly sticking to my guns. In VA, the Republican Party has unwisely chosen a RINO to run for the gubernatorial seat. There was ONE candidate who embodied actual Republican philosophies, so the RPV rigged a convention to insure she would not make it to the ballot. She still came in third. I made my dissatisfaction known about Republicans sinking to a Democrat vote-rigging level, and took heat. Then they started saying to me "well, our man won the ballot slot, so we all need to come together and vote for him, even if we gotta hold our noses to do so, to prevent a Democrat takeover by splitting our votes". Really?

That didn't sit well with me. There are, apparently, a few things they have not noticed. 1) VA is already IN a Democrat takeover. I dunno how in the hell they missed that. 2) I will NEVER vote for a candidate that I have to hold my nose to pull the lever for, because the lesser evil is STILL an evil. 3) I am not a herd critter, and have never, in my life, just gone along with the program to get along. I don't care if I get along with them or not. As old a I am, some of them should have noticed that by now. And 4) there is no substantial difference between "letting a Leftist win" and actually voting for one just because he has an "R" beside his lyin' name. The end result is the same.

So, I have started a "write-in Amanda Chase for Governor" campaign, and they are cross with me about that, and making their displeasure known. Like I give a shit whether they are displeased or not. I walked away from the Republican party for years and years, because of the slide way to the Left that it underwent when the RINO Neocons did their hostile takeover of it in the 1990's. I'm not above re-registering as an Independent again, and leaving their asses in the dust for good. If they want me to vote for their candidate, then they'll choose one that I can vote for with a clear conscience, not one that embodies and promotes the philosophy of the opposition party.

Right is right, and wrong is wrong, and one has to stand in the gap, against the tide if necessary, when wrong tries to masquerade as right. No amount of herd mentality will ever make wrong right. The road to Hell is littered with the bodies of the Herd.

BTW, so far the "I'm gonna write her in" campaign is going great!

(05-12-2021, 07:39 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I tried to listen to the video,I couldn't. I can't stand Tucker Carlson, and as I suspected he did not disappoint. The first five minutes shows he is just as condescending, disingenuous, and he continues to lead people down a path of distorted truths, if they allow themselves to follow him in that direction.

Last April it was clear that the oil and gas industry was in trouble and that the way out was not going to be pretty.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/...r-BB12WpFo

I won't even begin to discuss the situation that jobs and unemployment are today, but I can assure you that this situation was not constructed in five months.

I am not going to get into the T vs B debate. I dislike both of them but we can't blame either of them for the mess we find ourselves in. Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin has been written on the wall for so long that we became blind to it.

We have been warned, and for a very long time, so whatever puppet they have sitting in the city on the hill is not to blame.

I grew up in the same geographic vicinity as this little shithead. His father was an assclown that incited foment on the local aorwaves whenever an opportunity arose. Daddy was the by-product of the most priviliged and useless of the greatest generation and junior came from a priveleged youth that few us us can even imagine. He literally was raised in a neighborhood that would make most of us think about Disneyland or even more apropos, a set at Universal Studios that reeks an Americana wholly representative of a bygone caucasion delusory fever dream. The fact the little clown is
the lead spokeshole for Faux News makes immaculate sense.
internet Agent Provocateur