Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Critique of Capitalism... Sort Of
Not sure if this is the right forum so please move if needed. 

Many of you have probably watched Lauren Southern at one time or another. Love her or hate her, this video is worth a watch. There is no "gotcha" theme here or bashing of anyone. Instead, it simply helps clear up what is going on with our economics and the applications of different theories. Some bullet points:

- Capitalism is not opposed to Marxism. It is simply indifferent to it. It is indifferent to morality and pretty much everything else. 

- Any system is just a theory until you add humans. Think Garden of Eden.

- Where do threats to us come from? How do we address those?

- Government is not an 800lbs Gorilla. It is an organ grinder's money dancing to corporate music. 

- The individual also shares some blame. We don't always do things in our best long term interests.   

Anyway, I though it was idea provoking. Glad she posted this. It has helped de-jumble some of my thoughts on the matter. 

Capitalism is opportunistic.

The corporations smell money to be made by acting 'woke'.

Since the government won't rein them in, the people will have to.  We're going to have to learn who is doing what and to boycott the Hell out of them until it impacts their bottom line.  Nothing else will impress these amoral turds.

The good days have passed by.  Conflict, by various means, is upon us, whether we like it or not.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(05-02-2021, 03:46 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Capitalism is opportunistic.

The corporations smell money to be made by acting 'woke'.

Since the government won't rein them in, the people will have to.  We're going to have to learn who is doing what and to boycott the Hell out of them until it impacts their bottom line.  Nothing else will impress these amoral turds.

The good days have passed by.  Conflict, by various means, is upon us, whether we like it or not.

Cheers

I would agree. Capitalism responds to the market. That's all very large corporations see anymore. 

I think small operations, while still beholding to keeping the lights on, have some sense of humanity. C19 was used as blunt force trauma to squash them. Wokeness is the same squashing operation.

As mentioned in the video, schools should teach the lesson of the Dutch East India Company. And the Communist nations of the 20th century. This is what too powerful entities do.