Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
McDonalds Broken Ice Cream Machine Conspiracy.
Oh Gawd... the oppression continues!
tinylaughing

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Personal experience: Just because they say the ice cream/ shake machine is broken doesn't necessarily mean that it is.

When I was a teen (back in the 80s) I worked opening shift at Micky D's and went to college at night. I was the one who put the machine together and cranked it up at 5am each day to have it ready by the time we began serving lunch, another girl broke the machine down and cleaned it on closing shift. Any time I had a day off the machine was "broken" and any time the other girl was not there to close the machine down the night before the machine was "broken" until I had done her job and then my part as well which put it being "broken" until usually after I left for the day. 

I would imagine many times the machine being "broken" just means that either somebody didn't do their job or nobody present knew how to do it because in over 2 years the machine only actually broke once but was claimed to be broken at least 1-2 days every single week. 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
From the video, it looks like it is a very tedious process. I think the most interesting thing about the whole thing, for me, is that I didn't know McDonald's ice cream was even a thing.

I am not a fast food fan, I have never been, it is not a new thing for me. Actually, I am not a fan of eating out period, especially if it is something I can make at home, fairly quickly, easily, and for less money.

It just looks like it is more trouble than it is worth. It seems it would make better business sense to just take the item off the menu.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Sorry. Only Culver's custard for this yahoo. 

Never been broken once  tinybiggrin
It's more than just McDonalds. This is a conspiracy of vast proportions.

Have you ever eaten at Taco Bell? Every one has a coffee machine. have you EVER gotten a cup of coffee at Taco Bell? I bet not. I have never been able to get a cup of coffee at Taco Bell, not even while pointedly staring at the coffee machine while ordering coffee.

One night in the 1990's after getting off duty, I went to every single Taco Bell in Greensboro, NC, seeking a cup of coffee. Every single one, in sequence. It took me two hours of driving to cover them all. Not one, not a SINGLE ONE, had a working coffee machine. They were all "broken". I finally broke down and ordered a cup of that nasty McDonald's coffee at a McDonalds. At least their machine was working.

After that, I made it a point to order coffee at Taco Bells all across the nation, whenever I went to one. None ever, EVER had a working coffee machine, despite the fact that every one I went to had one. None of them were EVER working.

It's a nefarious plot, I tell ya!

This is odd, since Taco Bell claims to be a Mexican restaurant. I have never been to a Hispanic restaurant, anywhere on Earth, that did not serve coffee. In some countries, and Mexico in particular, coffee and beer are the only safe way to get untainted water - the boiling kills the bacteria that give one the trots, A.K.A "Montezuma's revenge", and worse.

How in the hell can a restaurant bill itself as "Mexican" and not serve coffee?

This conspiracy runs deep. Very deep indeed!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I could try this, and offer data from Finland.

But... I take my coffee seriously, and McDonald's does not take anything seriously, except profit making.

"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre