Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Obama Decree Targets Gunsmiths and Online Firearm Information
Quote:When Obama vowed to use his “pen and phone” to circumvent Congress and impose his will on America, he was actually telling the truth for once. In the latest example of lawless decrees coming from the executive branch, the Obama administration is taking aim at gunsmiths and free speech. Basically, if a recent “regulation” disguised as "guidance" is not stopped, gunsmithing — an American tradition stretching back centuries that was crucial in the War for Independence — will be effectively made illegal, experts say.
Another controversial element of the decree would purport to unconstitutionally criminalize many forms of gun-related speech on the Internet. If not withdrawn, the illegal Obama decree would purport to shred the rights protected by the Constitution's First and Second Amendments by making it illegal to post any “how-to” information about guns online. It would also effectively make all gun-related information on the Internet a crime because it could be accessed by foreigners.
However, as has happened with virtually all of Obama's power grabs, opposition to the newest illegal edict is surging — this time among Second Amendment activists, gun owners, industry, and proponents of constitutional government. Grassroots organizations have called on the Obama administration to immediately withdraw the “unconstitutional power grab.” If it refuses, critics of the scheme said they would work with Congress to defund it.     

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/con...nformation
They're mistaken if they think I give a rat's ass about State Department edicts. Hell, State can't even keep control of it's own goddamned classified info from the top down - why on Earth would I worry about them gigging me for mine, which is much better protected?

Did you know that PGP encryption was classified as a "weapon" when it first came out, and export was restricted? Well, there is MUCH better shit on the open market now, for free. I'm guessing that they intend to re-restrict encryption now under this edict, too (judging by Comey's random fits about the scourge of encryption).

Funny thing about governments - they think they can eliminate stuff they don't like by reclassifying it as something it isn't. For example, FDA recently re-classified the nuts, bolts, and batteries that make an e-cigarette as "tobacco", which they think they have a right to regulate. Last I checked, ATFE has sway over tobacco - that's the "T" in ATFE, and I'll believe that nuts, bolts, and batteries are "tobacco" when I see an FDA agent light some of them up and smoke 'em.

I'd pay good money to watch that, actually.

Same with this. I read the list, and the departments of government can't even get their heads together on what is defined as what in this edict, much less figure out who regulates what. If I'm reading it right, then merely putting blueprints or pictures of an SMG on the internets is the same as "exporting" them.

Good luck enforcing that, fellas. I hope you don't mind if I pop some popcorn to watch this show unfold. It looks like the Keystone Kops are gonna star in this one, playing a game of whack-a-mole.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

If I may, I am going to bring over one of the comments posted under the article.
He summed it up very nicely

Quote: ramrodd• 9 hours ago

Marxists and Islamists who infect our federal government plus the media prostitutes who protect them will gleefully lie, falsify, fabricate, slander, libel, deceive, delude, bribe, and treasonably betray the free citizens of the United States into becoming an unarmed population. Unarmed populations have been treated as slaves and chattel since the dawn of history.

The Second Amendment foes lying about gun control - Firearms are our constitutionally mandated safeguard against tyranny by a powerful federal government.

Only dictators, tyrants, despots, totalitarians, and those who want to control and ultimately to enslave you support gun control.

No matter what any president, senator, congressman, or hard-left mainstream media hookers tell you concerning the statist utopian fantasy of safety and security through further gun control: They are lying. If their lips are moving, they are lying about gun control. These despots truly hate America..

These tyrants hate freedom, liberty, personal responsibility, and private property. But the reality is that our citizens’ ownership of firearms serves as a concrete deterrent against despotism.

They are demanding to hold the absolute power of life and death over you and your family. Ask the six million Jews, and the other five million murdered martyrs who perished in the Nazi death camps, how being disarmed by a powerful tyranny ended any chances of fighting back. Ask the murdered martyrs of the Warsaw Ghetto about gun control.

Their single agenda is to control you after you are disarmed. When the people who want to control you hold the absolute power of life and death over your family, you have been enslaved.

Will we stand our ground, maintaining our constitutionally guaranteed Second Amendment rights, fighting those who would enslave us?

American Thinker

Yeah, what he said ^^^^^   minusculethumbsup

a.k.a. 'snarky412'