Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TV "Programming"
Over the past several years I have noticed much more brain-washing going into t.v. shows and movies; they don't call them "programs" for nothing.  I mean, there have always been subliminal messages and such, but lately, they just come out and throw it in your face. It might just be a one-liner, or it could be a sign in the background, or a number of other things that most people will miss, but not when you pay attention. 

Just last night, I was watching The Good Doctor, and one of the doctors started belittling one of the other doctors for voting for Trump and saying how he should be ashamed, while telling her opinion of how much better things are under Biden. 
SERIOUSLY?   tinylaughing 

And of course, they chose a black doctor to shame the white doctor. 

There was a protest and two small boys were shot, one from each "side". Both were in serious condition. There's your subliminal message that guns are bad with the emotional pull on your heart strings because these are kids. 

While sitting in the waiting room while their boys were in surgery, the two mothers got into a political argument, and blah, blah, blah. In the end, one of the mothers voluntarily donated blood to save the other woman's child and all was good between them. It showed that both sides could get along and be friends.  But, still, there was the shaming of voting for President Trump that was left unaddressed. No counter "programming" about that!

And then, several months ago I was watching Chicago Med when the doctors started scolding one of their patient's parents for not wanting to vaccinate their child. They basically accused them of child abuse and believing conspiracy theories posted online.  

I tell you what, when they start inserting this type of shaming into movies and t.v. programs, it only shows "we" are a real threat to them. They have to do everything in their power to keep the truth from gaining ground. 
Most "conspiracies" are proven to be true in the long run. Don't believe me? Go back and look at some from a few years ago. 

I've seen more shows throwing in their little digs trying to control what the public thinks, but these two shows are really the worst that I've seen. I don't watch that much t.v., so I'm sure there are many more out there. 

What about you?  Have you noticed any "programming" in the shows you watch? Do you even pay attention? That crap is going into your subconscious whether you notice it or not. But, if you are aware of it, you can counter it before it programs your thoughts.  Please stay aware of what "they" are doing to your mind.
It is all tiresome.

Present not only in TV, but as messages in popular music as well.

The problem as I see it is that the people in control of these mediums have become well aware of how influential they are, and cannot resist the temptation to 'program' society.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(04-28-2021, 06:57 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: It is all tiresome.

Present not only in TV, but as messages in popular music as well.

The problem as I see it is that the people in control of these mediums have become well aware of how influential they are, and cannot resist the temptation to 'program' society.

Cheers

@"F2d5thCav",  Yes, music is the worst for programming because it's not only the words they use, but the frequency of the music that can affect the brain to get it deep inside. 

Frequency + words = CONTROL
Yeah, I HAVE noticed the programming in TV shows... but I mostly watch shows from the 50's and 60's on networks like MeTV and Cozi, so my programming may be slightly behind.

For instance, I think we need to get our boys out of Vietnam... and then carpet-nuke everything from the 39th parallel to the Red Chinese border. It wouldn't hurt to "accidentally" overshoot that border by a bit. Then we could pave all of what used to be North Vietnam and build a McDonald's right in the middle of the parking lot for all the good Vietnamese to go to when they get an urge for a fifty cent Big Mac! That would also put that pesky Soviet Union on notice that we as a nation are perilously close to losing it, and may snap at any instant. That should make those sneaky commie bastards walk a little lighter!

Who the hell told Hubert Humphrey he had a shot at ruling a nation? Who made him think he was even capable? Dafuq outta here!

I'll probably vote for Nixon in the next election, since LBJ has made such an utter and complete mess of what was once a proud country. Why can't someone "handle" Johnson the way they did Kennedy? Oh, right, LBJ was the one who gave the orders to handle Kennedy, and I don't suppose he would do that to himself, even for the good of the nation...

And kids these days! With all that hair down to their asses, the weird clothes, and all the drugs smokin' they're doing nowadays... what IS this world coming to?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-28-2021, 07:18 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Yeah, I HAVE noticed the programming in TV shows... but I mostly watch shows from the 50's and 60's on networks like MeTV and Cozi, so my programming may be slightly behind.

For instance, I think we need to get our boys out of Vietnam... and then carpet-nuke everything from the 39th parallel to the Red Chinese border. It wouldn't hurt to "accidentally" overshoot that border by a bit. Then we could pave all of what used to be North Vietnam and build a McDonald's right in the middle of the parking lot for all the good Vietnamese to go to when they get an urge for a fifty cent Big Mac! That would also put that pesky Soviet Union on notice that we as a nation are perilously close to losing it, and may snap at any instant. That should make those sneaky bastards walk a little lighter!

Who the hell told Hubert Humphrey he had a shot at ruling a nation? Who made him think he was even capable? Dafuq outta here!

I'll probably vote for Nixon in the next election, since LBJ has made such an utter and complete mess of what was once a proud country. Why can't someone "handle" Johnson the way they did Kennedy? Oh, right, LBJ was the one who gave the orders to handle Kennedy, and I don't suppose he would do that to himself, even for the good of the nation...

And kids these days! With all that hair down to their asses, the weird clothes, and all the drugs smokin' they're doing nowadays... what IS this world coming to?

@"Ninurta", Yeah, I'd say you are a bit behind.   tinylaughing
(04-28-2021, 07:23 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"Ninurta", Yeah, I'd say you are a bit behind.   tinylaughing

From what I'm gathering off the TV, both Humphrey and McGovern would be better suited to a post in the Kremlin than trying to herd a free country...

... either way, I ain't voting for their commie asses!

And Wallace! My God, Wallace! If he gets elected, there is no doubt in my mind the White House will stay... WHITE!

Fuckin' hippies!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Sure do. I was watching an episode of Secrets of the Viking Stone. It's about the Kensington Rune Stone and the research to determine if it is real. 

Obviously, it is a debated subject. No worries, that is part of science. Different ideas are proposed and others test them. Some make it, some don't. In this specific episode there were "experts" providing arguments for and against early Norse exploration of the interior US. Pre-Columbian. 

One arguing against the idea, said there are far-right groups in the US who champion the idea of early Norse exploration. That is why it is a dangerous discussion and needs to be dismissed. 

Amazing! Instead of sticking to matters of evidence one way or another, we need to be cautious of neo-nazis. That is the purpose, apparently, of science now. To be socially responsible above all else.
(04-29-2021, 02:31 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Sure do. I was watching an episode of Secrets of the Viking Stone. It's about the Kensington Rune Stone and the research to determine if it is real. 

Obviously, it is a debated subject. No worries, that is part of science. Different ideas are proposed and others test them. Some make it, some don't. In this specific episode there were "experts" providing arguments for and against early Norse exploration of the interior US. Pre-Columbian. 

One arguing against the idea, said there are far-right groups in the US who champion the idea of early Norse exploration. That is why it is a dangerous discussion and needs to be dismissed. 

Amazing! Instead of sticking to matters of evidence one way or another, we need to be cautious of neo-nazis. That is the purpose, apparently, of science now. To be socially responsible above all else.

Does that make L'Anse Aux Meadows racist?

The good news is we are old enough to realize it is a deliberate attempt at controlling someones thought processes. The bad news is we are old and a dying group with little control outside our own sphere of influence.
T.V sitcoms have always been about pushing a certain story line . Even way back when Dragnet was on weekly it was how honest and forth right the FBI was.. J.Edger Hover comes to my mind.

Now the news media is to busy being seen instead of providing meaningful content so therefore IMO what the news denies is where the truth lies in way to many cases.. call me cynical minusculebeercheers 

I went to town today after hitting some balls at the driving range. We are in the rainy season and true to its name it is wet and rainy. The COVID fear is alive and well as people are driving their cars (single occupancy) and motorcycles with their mask on ! It does not help that the government has said it is a 20,000 baht fine for not wearing a mask.. People make just about 9,100 Baht a month at a real job which has to pay for living expenses so everyone is masking up... The cops are either really good or pure crooks.. so people are careful at trying to avoid legal entanglements...

What the world will look like in another 20 or 30 years is beyond my crystal ball of fortune telling.. My life is good and I get to do whatever I have an urge to do yet back to being old my urges consist of shooting even par on a golf course.. simple desire for a simple life 1 minusculebiggrin  Wife is more than I deserve so I have no complaints except I hate to see much of the world heading to a destination which has been visited before and those who came out the other side were bloodied .
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14775366/f...islamists/

I doubt the E.U and many of its member states will survive what is coming their way minusculechairshot
(04-28-2021, 06:50 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: What about you?  Have you noticed any "programming" in the shows you watch? Do you even pay attention? That crap is going into your subconscious whether you notice it or not. But, if you are aware of it, you can counter it before it programs your thoughts.  Please stay aware of what "they" are doing to your mind.

I never watch TV. Unless the ice hockey world championships are going on. That means i have not watched TV at all, at home, since May 2019. Nothing too subliminal was there then. Finland washed the floor with every team, even Canada in the final, it was clear to everyone. No online stuff like netflix or so. Sometimes i watch a movie, maybe on average 4-6 movies per year, but zero so far this year. A total music video freak writing here now... Plenty of subliminal stuff there also... But at least i get to choose the way my brains are being washed, twisted dry, then washed again. TV, it is so one-sided. There is the show, what can i do about it? Change channel? And that helps what? "The most beautiful wedding cakes" Turns to "Drunk cheaters on an island" so-called reality. Then what? I change the channel again, someone gets shot point blank, straight into head, for no reason. But if there is a nipple, it is an outrage.

Sure, sometimes i encounter the mind-control machine from the deepest depths of hell, also known as television. Social gatherings or so.. me, and 3 other people for example. Their eyes are glued to the screen. No one says a word. Unless it is about what is on TV. Then i am a little bit scared. Or, uncomfortable at least.

Sometimes i walk through a mall, there is a TV on somewhere. And commercial break is on. "Try the new ultra-hip "Sheep soda" it will change your life!" There is a muscular man with women wearing bikinis dancing around him as he drives away in his sports car with one of the ladies. Once i was like "Okay, let's give it a shot, what do i have to lose?" And bought the whatever drink it was, can't remember. And i drank it. My biceps stayed at Mickey Mouse level, i did not even have a bicycle to ride with, and women were nowhere to be seen. Did the ad lie? Could it be? Why would i watch lying or misleading stuff on purpose?

News... What news? There are no news. Olds only. "Someone shot this many people there. Genocide there. Famine there. Good night, thanks for watching!"

[Image: tumblr_n1iolzIAie1t8lb57o1_500.gif]
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(04-28-2021, 06:50 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Over the past several years I have noticed much more brain-washing going into t.v. shows and movies; they don't call them "programs" for nothing.  I mean, there have always been subliminal messages and such, but lately, they just come out and throw it in your face. It might just be a one-liner, or it could be a sign in the background, or a number of other things that most people will miss, but not when you pay attention. 

Just last night, I was watching The Good Doctor, and one of the doctors started belittling one of the other doctors for voting for Trump and saying how he should be ashamed, while telling her opinion of how much better things are under Biden. 
SERIOUSLY?   tinylaughing 

And of course, they chose a black doctor to shame the white doctor. 

There was a protest and two small boys were shot, one from each "side". Both were in serious condition. There's your subliminal message that guns are bad with the emotional pull on your heart strings because these are kids. 

While sitting in the waiting room while their boys were in surgery, the two mothers got into a political argument, and blah, blah, blah. In the end, one of the mothers voluntarily donated blood to save the other woman's child and all was good between them. It showed that both sides could get along and be friends.  But, still, there was the shaming of voting for President Trump that was left unaddressed. No counter "programming" about that!

And then, several months ago I was watching Chicago Med when the doctors started scolding one of their patient's parents for not wanting to vaccinate their child. They basically accused them of child abuse and believing conspiracy theories posted online.  

I tell you what, when they start inserting this type of shaming into movies and t.v. programs, it only shows "we" are a real threat to them. They have to do everything in their power to keep the truth from gaining ground. 
Most "conspiracies" are proven to be true in the long run. Don't believe me? Go back and look at some from a few years ago. 

I've seen more shows throwing in their little digs trying to control what the public thinks, but these two shows are really the worst that I've seen. I don't watch that much t.v., so I'm sure there are many more out there. 

What about you?  Have you noticed any "programming" in the shows you watch? Do you even pay attention? That crap is going into your subconscious whether you notice it or not. But, if you are aware of it, you can counter it before it programs your thoughts.  Please stay aware of what "they" are doing to your mind.

ABSOLUTELY it's more often and blatantly in your face.   It's going into my mind all right, but not so much as, "Oh!  Then I was wrong about the vaccine!" and more along the lines of, "What an absolutely clown world we live in with such nonstop, obvious propaganda."  So, yeah....it's not really having the desired effect on me.   The anti-cop propaganda is so bad, we can't watch about six shows we used to enjoy.  If I have to listen to one more person lecture an experienced cop on how bad he is for being white, something might get thrown through the TV.
(04-29-2021, 09:42 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 02:31 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Sure do. I was watching an episode of Secrets of the Viking Stone. It's about the Kensington Rune Stone and the research to determine if it is real. 

Does that make L'Anse Aux Meadows racist?

And Greenland and Iceland. Shoot, all of Scandinavia for that matter. Lutefisk is a weapon of the patriarchy.
Quote:3 minutes every American NEEDS to watch! There is a CONCERTED EFFORT to corrupt our children.
@robbystarbuck
says "the Left understands the mere-exposure effect", watch this video to see what he means.

Catch our full conversation on Apple Podcasts here:  
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/satanic-shoes-marketed-to-kids-concerted-effort-to/id1505388703?i=1000515261187

Watch this short clip on Twitter. The full conversation can be watched from the link in the quote:

Quote:https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/...11460?s=20
(04-29-2021, 11:37 AM)727Sky Wrote: T.V sitcoms have always been about pushing a certain story line . Even way back when Dragnet was on weekly it was how honest and forth right the FBI was.. J.Edger Hover comes to my mind.

I still watch Dragnet occasionally, and can see how fully and completely "socially woke" they were, even back then, with the way they address alleged "social issues" in policing.

Plus, the choppy way everyone on the show delivers their lines makes me giggle.

But J. Edgar Hoover rarely comes to my mind. I hate it when he does, because he is always prancing and mincing around his office in a ballet tutu and tights when he shows up...

... and that image does violence to my psyche.

(04-29-2021, 12:15 PM)drussell41 Wrote: ABSOLUTELY it's more often and blatantly in your face.   It's going into my mind all right, but not so much as, "Oh!  Then I was wrong about the vaccine!" and more along the lines of, "What an absolutely clown world we live in with such nonstop, obvious propaganda."  So, yeah....it's not really having the desired effect on me.   The anti-cop propaganda is so bad, we can't watch about six shows we used to enjoy.  If I have to listen to one more person lecture an experienced cop on how bad he is for being white, something might get thrown through the TV.

What bugs the crap out of me is the way some folks will lecture cops about policing. They say "well you could shot to wound, shot 'em in the leg or something" or "why didn't you just taze them?" or "police should be better trained at talking their opponents into a stupor".

My dyin' ass.

Some folks have never been in a serious confrontation in their life, and it shows. Considering the options they push, they wouldn't still be here to post that drivel if they ever had been.

Here's an idea - I won't lecture them about how they keep books or answer phones or whatever they do for a living, and they can just stop lecturing cops about how to do THEIR jobs that the lecturer has never been trained for or encountered. Simples!

Music 
I've noticed a lot of politically aimed programming, especially in the past decade or so. It is not even done on a subliminal level any longer- they are extremely straight forward with their propaganda these days.

The glorious part to all of it is this wonderful thing called the "remote control". With this magical device you can do what is known as "changing channels" or if you are feeling truly rebellious you can actually turn the propaganda machine "off".

Personally we cut the cable over three years ago so what we watch is by choice and not random. We listen to music far more often than we watch the boob tube. 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(04-29-2021, 06:26 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 12:15 PM)drussell41 Wrote: ABSOLUTELY it's more often and blatantly in your face.   It's going into my mind all right, but not so much as, "Oh!  Then I was wrong about the vaccine!" and more along the lines of, "What an absolutely clown world we live in with such nonstop, obvious propaganda."  So, yeah....it's not really having the desired effect on me.   The anti-cop propaganda is so bad, we can't watch about six shows we used to enjoy.  If I have to listen to one more person lecture an experienced cop on how bad he is for being white, something might get thrown through the TV.

What bugs the crap out of me is the way some folks will lecture cops about policing. They say "well you could shot to wound, shot 'em in the leg or something" or "why didn't you just taze them?" or "police should be better trained at talking their opponents into a stupor".

My dyin' ass.

Some folks have never been in a serious confrontation in their life, and it shows. Considering the options they push, they wouldn't still be here to post that drivel if they ever had been.

Here's an idea - I won't lecture them about how they keep books or answer phones or whatever they do for a living, and they can just stop lecturing cops about how to do THEIR jobs that the lecturer has never been trained for or encountered. Simples!

agree completely
Ninurta and I must be watching similar old TV programs on the same broadcast networks, so he should relate to my observations.

I have been watching the cowboy western TV shows on CW network, they have a lot of the classics from the 50s through the 60s. I find them interesting for a number of reasons, one thing of interest is the plots of the story lines.

In the older TV series, like Rawhide and Wagon train, the stories have a moral to teach. Wagon train is highly conservative with morals involving the law and Christian beliefs. Pretty much all of the shows from the 50s through about the mid 60s had a plot that involved a lesson to be learned at the end of the program.

Now, sometime in the late 60s and early 70s, the story lines changed. I suspect that Vietnam played a big part, but I also suspect that film director Sam Peckinpah had a lot to do with how westerns changed during that era.

The TV series Gunsmoke ran from 1955 to 1975 and is a good example of how these stories changed. I watched one episode from later in the series with a plot that was just senseless violence and cruelty with Marshal Matt Dillon unable, or unwilling, to come to the rescue. No lesson to be learned, no moral to that story, just mindless gratuitous violence and misery.

Another thing I noticed is that the earlier westerns portrayed the Native Americans as violent dangerous savages (the only good Injun is a dead Injun) and Mexicans as peaceful and hard working villagers. Then by the 70s, Native Americans were characterized as peaceful and the Mexicans became vicious criminal banditos. Toward the end of that era, shows like the Wild Wild West and Spaghetti Westerns were more like parodies of the earlier ones and apparently anything goes after that point. Some of the newer westerns like "Dead man" (1995) with Johnny Depp and "Bone Tomahawk" (2015) with Kurt Russell are really bizarre and disturbing.
After years of working in the medical field and side by side with law enforcement, I think the anti cop programming came after the years of programming cops to be bad ass, rude, and overly aggressive. Look at the number of cop shows that have been on TV over the years and notice how the trending of retype casting has changed. It seems it became most notable after "Serpico".

Same thing with paramedics. TV changed a lot of pleasant, conscientious, team players into pompous asses, that think they are doctor/cop hybrids.

From everyday Moms thinking they are lousy mothers if they don't look, dress, and behave like June Cleaver, to children that think behaving like Dennis the Menace is fun and cute, TV has been developing our psyche from the first broadcast.

Now we have the internet. TV on steroids. There really is an ongoing war for our minds.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Living in the woods, we don't have cable. You have satellite or over the air. I dumped Direct TV way back around 2008 and have only had over the air TV, until about a year ago, when my Brother gave me a Fire-stick.

Mom does the old stuff on MeTV, and I am mostly a movie person. All of it is the same though. I watch now for the message so poorly hidden in the plot. Of course, this happened in books, prose, ancient theater, even in the ancient Punch and Judy shows. Conditioning by way of entertainment.

It is as old as time.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers