Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Local COVID Stuff
For the last couple of years my small town (25 minutes by car to town) has been basically almost covid free. About 3 weeks ago someone from Bangkok came to visit family after being in quarantine (Bangkok) for 14 days because they were an international traveler.

After a few days with family they started having symptoms and went to the hospital. It was then declared they had covid.

Within the week there were 32 more cases, then a few days later 56. 93 142, and today almost one month later there are 246 ! I believe these numbers as the Thais have not been stupid about declaring anything and everything else as covid.

Most people wear mask even when riding a motorcycle and when you go into a store there is a book to sign with your phone number for contact tracing. I always think about all the people who touch the ink pen as I wash my hands with the provided antiseptic.

Today I was informed that if caught outside in town without a mask it will be a fine by the police. I have heard anywhere from 2000 baht all the way up to 20,000 !

The good news is almost all of our covid cases recover after treatment in the hospital. Since all this started there have been less than 100 deaths attributed to covid which ain't bad for 68 million plus people. More people die on the roads in a couple of months than by covid !
Whatever this strain is seems to be more contagious than just about anything we have had pass through these parts.
Quote:Thailand on Sunday recorded yet another daily record number of Covid-19 cases -- 1,767 -- bringing the accumulated number of confirmed cases since the pandemic began to 42,352. Two new deaths were reported, raising the toll to 101.

All but two of the new cases were contracted inside the country.
The two additional deaths pushed the toll in Thailand past 100. Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) spokesman Taweesilp Visanuyothin said one of the fatalities was a 54-year-old monk who suffered from multiple diseases and tested positive for the novel coronavirus after he died last Monday in Bangkok. The other death was of a woman, 70, who tested positive when she was admitted to a hospital last Monday. She died on Saturday.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/gen...y-4-deaths
the latest death numbers have jumped to 121

Quote:The government on Friday reported four new deaths related to Covid-19 and a new daily high of 2,070 infections confirmed over the previous 24 hours.

Taweesilp Visanuyothin, spokesman for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said the nationwide death toll had risen to 121.
The 118th death was a Thai man, 72, in Bangkok. He visited Phuket from April 9 to 12. On April 13, he had a fever, cough, sore throat and diarrhea.

On April 17 he was admitted to hospital and diagnosed with lung inflammation. He tested positive the following day and needed a ventilator. He died at 6.29pm on Tuesday.
The 119th death was a Thai man, 74, with hypertension and cardiac arrhythmia, in Songkhla province.
He was in contact with a since confirmed case on April 6, tested positive on April 10 and was admitted to hospital on April 11.
On April 15, an X-ray found severe lung inflammation. His heart stopped early on Thursday and he was pronounced dead at 5.15am.

Best wishes for great health, @"727Sky" !  minusculebeercheers

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

I hope you and yours stay healthy. 

Agreed that the number of deaths per that size of population is minimal.