Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
16 Year Old Girl Shot by Police in Columbus
After finally seeing the body cam footage, I can see why the cop shot her. He did so to save the other girl. Detailed breakdown in the video. 

Nobody slinging snot over the other girl who got her head kicked in. Nobody rioting over the girl who almost got stabbed. Nobody demanding the dude who attacked the girl go to jail. 

But look. I got it. These details are immaterial. If you see the world through SJW colored glasses, all that is here is police tyranny. Never mind who gets hurt or killed. They are unimportant. ACAB and all that. 

We both did a post/thread about this. Yours must have gone up as I was putting mine together.  Sorry. 

I was also wondering if the guy was arrested. He should have been. I wonder if that girl he kicked in the head will be the same after this?  I bet we never hear another word about either of them.   smallnotamused

It is a sad situation, but what's even sadder is that the rioters will destroy this neighborhood without even checking the facts first. Innocent people will lose their business, and... well, you know how it goes. 

minusculecrybaby
(04-21-2021, 05:08 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: We both did a post/thread about this. Yours must have gone up as I was putting mine together.  Sorry. 

I was also wondering if the guy was arrested. He should have been. I wonder if that girl he kicked in the head will be the same after this?  I bet we never hear another word about either of them.   smallnotamused

It is a sad situation, but what's even sadder is that the rioters will destroy this neighborhood without even checking the facts first. Innocent people will lose their business, and... well, you know how it goes. 

minusculecrybaby

No worries. 

I have no idea if the guy was arrested. He should have been. That is assault. And then the two attack the other two IN FRONT of a bunch of cops whose guns are drawn! Not sure how much dumber one can get.

Of course there will rioting and plenty of snot hemorrhaging on the MSM. They have zero concern for anybody much less bothersome details. Very sad indeed.   

Wonder where it goes from here?
I have an idea - how about we invite those cops to come police our towns, bolster the ranks already keeping us safe, and just let the denizens of that neighborhood and others like it simply fend for themselves? That should make about everyone happy - the SJW's don't have to worry about any "police brutality" any more... until they attempt to invade our neighborhoods 'coz they done burnt their own down, that is... and we get sheep dogs who know how, and more importantly when, to shoot. I think that would be a win-win!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-21-2021, 04:47 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: After finally seeing the body cam footage, I can see why the cop shot her. He did so to save the other girl. Detailed breakdown in the video. 

Nobody slinging snot over the other girl who got her head kicked in. Nobody rioting over the girl who almost got stabbed. Nobody demanding the dude who attacked the girl go to jail. 

But look. I got it. These details are immaterial. If you see the world through SJW colored glasses, all that is here is police tyranny. Never mind who gets hurt or killed. They are unimportant. ACAB and all that. 

Yeah, I'm really shocked that no one cares about the girl-in-pink's life.   And the disconnect, "I may just be in my backyard, doing nothing with my kids, and they'll shoot me!"   That was in a newscast I watched last night.  Well, geez, not unless you come at them or someone else in a deadly manner, like this 16 y/o did to the girl-in-pink.   Are we looking at IQ's of 75 or what?  A complete inability to reason and be objective?  A complete unawareness that a knife is a deadly weapon?  Saw someone else ask, "why not just tase them?"  Er....because if it's a potentially deadly attack, you need to stop it RFN.   It took the squad 6 min to get there.  It's my understanding that if the right artery is hit, you're dead in 5 minutes.  That could be ONE effective stab:  5 minutes.   If the perp managed to land several before being stopped....  So yeah, she had to be stopped immediately.

The alternative is to abandon people to the fate of the jungle if they're unfortunate enough to live around people who think it's okay to assault and kill others. That is not morally acceptable, but I fear it may come to that if things don't change. I know one cop who said, "I would have taken a long time putting on my hat in the car." Yep. Keep attacking them for doing their duty, and this will increase.
(04-22-2021, 12:36 PM)drussell41 Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 04:47 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: After finally seeing the body cam footage, I can see why the cop shot her. He did so to save the other girl. Detailed breakdown in the video. 

Yeah, I'm really shocked that no one cares about the girl-in-pink's life.   And the disconnect, "I may just be in my backyard, doing nothing with my kids, and they'll shoot me!"   That was in a newscast I watched last night.  Well, geez, not unless you come at them or someone else in a deadly manner, like this 16 y/o did to the girl-in-pink.   Are we looking at IQ's of 75 or what?  A complete inability to reason and be objective?  A complete unawareness that a knife is a deadly weapon?  Saw someone else ask, "why not just tase them?"  Er....because if it's a potentially deadly attack, you need to stop it RFN.   It took the squad 6 min to get there.  It's my understanding that if the right artery is hit, you're dead in 5 minutes.  That could be ONE effective stab:  5 minutes.   If the perp managed to land several before being stopped....  So yeah, she had to be stopped immediately.

The alternative is to abandon people to the fate of the jungle if they're unfortunate enough to live around people who think it's okay to assault and kill others.   That is not morally acceptable, but I fear it may come to that if things don't change.  I know one cop who said, "I would have taken a long time putting on my hat in the car."  Yep.  Keep attacking them for doing their duty, and this will increase.

Yup. There is no winning as there is no debate. It's simply an opportunity to further an agenda. But you're right. The people who facilitate this either through ignorance or design bother me.
(04-22-2021, 12:36 PM)drussell41 Wrote: Yeah, I'm really shocked that no one cares about the girl-in-pink's life.   And the disconnect, "I may just be in my backyard, doing nothing with my kids, and they'll shoot me!"   That was in a newscast I watched last night.  Well, geez, not unless you come at them or someone else in a deadly manner, like this 16 y/o did to the girl-in-pink.   Are we looking at IQ's of 75 or what? 

I had a response to that formulated, then rethought it and decided not to put it in writing for all eternity. The short answer is yes, right around that IQ level, on average.

Quote:A complete inability to reason and be objective?  A complete unawareness that a knife is a deadly weapon?  Saw someone else ask, "why not just tase them?"  Er....because if it's a potentially deadly attack, you need to stop it RFN.   It took the squad 6 min to get there.  It's my understanding that if the right artery is hit, you're dead in 5 minutes.  That could be ONE effective stab:  5 minutes.   If the perp managed to land several before being stopped....  So yeah, she had to be stopped immediately.

Precisely. when the knife is already aimed at the throat, you don't have time for trial and error attempts - you have to stop the attack. Every failed attempt at de-escalation is another hole in the victim's hide for her to leak out through. I have seen both pepper spray and tasers fail to stop a determined attack, so my go-to reaction is to stop the attack in the most efficient way possible, and avoid experimentation during an emergency that may leave the victim leaking out all over the pavement.

Some people have built up a tolerance to the capiscum in pepper spray, and will just continue the attack in spite of being sprayed. Other people can just soldier on through the discomfort, and put a hurt on their victim before someone gets the brighter idea to ventilate them. I have also seen people, usually bigger people (and this gal was no petite wraith!) just pull the electrodes of a taser out and continue the charge. tasers work against nerves in muscle tissue. If the probes get embedded in fat instead, they are far less effective.

Bullets punch right through both tissue types, and usually stop the attack cold.

Quote:The alternative is to abandon people to the fate of the jungle if they're unfortunate enough to live around people who think it's okay to assault and kill others.   That is not morally acceptable, but I fear it may come to that if things don't change.  I know one cop who said, "I would have taken a long time putting on my hat in the car."  Yep.  Keep attacking them for doing their duty, and this will increase.

It's morally acceptable to me, but then I may not be a terribly moral person. I'm entirely ok with abandoning them to the world they are clamoring for. it's their call - if that's what they want, let 'em have it, and move the cops that would have been protecting them out here to where sanity reigns, and where they are better appreciated.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Girl-in-pink is now getting death threats.

https://fox8.com/news/i-team/cleveland-c...us-i-team/
(04-26-2021, 12:01 PM)drussell41 Wrote: Girl-in-pink is now getting death threats.

Of course she is. Why not? How dare she almost get stabbed. Instead she facilitated the death-by-police of her saintly acquaintance. The one trying to kill her like kids do all the time.  tinysure tinysure tinysure
(04-26-2021, 12:01 PM)drussell41 Wrote: Girl-in-pink is now getting death threats.

But... black lives matter!  Or, so they keep screaming. What a bunch of thug hypocrites!

As for the police reform, as I've stated elsewhere, reforming the police isn't the biggest issue here; we need to reform parenting skills, because, Honey, so many today ain't doing such a good job!
(04-26-2021, 04:16 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

But... black lives matter!  Or, so they keep screaming. What a bunch of thug hypocrites!

As for the police reform, as I've stated elsewhere, reforming the police isn't the biggest issue here; we need to reform parenting skills, because, Honey, so many today ain't doing such a good job!

Exactly right, just like the kid that got shot right after stashing the gun he was carrying, When a 13 year old is running the streets with a pistol in hand at 2 AM, it's not a gun problem, and it's not a policing problem - it's a parenting problem!

And if The Stabber was in "foster care", how did her "mom" get on the scene so fast to tell us what a saintly honor student she was before she went around stabbing at folks? How did her "mom" manage to be so detached and emotionless in the face of the fact that her darling baby girl who only occasionally went around stabbing at folks had just gotten her dumb ass killed? Smells like a set up to me...

The fact that the Floyd family got 27 mil from Minneapolis is a powerful motivator to send kids out armed to rile up cops, knowing the kid will get killed. The parents then get a big payday, and they can always make another kid to send out next payday, right?

You'll have to forgive my callousness. I've been arguing this with snowflakes who claim these kids still deserve due process. I'm sorry, but when someone aims a knife at my throat, or a gun at me, "due process" is suddenly going to involve their brains splashed all over the sidewalk, That IS "due process" under those circumstances.

I was reading an article about this.  Ohio State University now wants to sever ties with Columbus PD over this incident.  A "student" said something along the lines of "I just can't believe that life means so little, that cops can just shoot people like that."  Can't remember the exact quote, probably because I lost a few brain cells and started drooling after reading it.

I guess the person whose life was in immediate danger from a knife attack didn't matter either then.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
The video has been taken down. It is alright, i would not have watched it anyway. I never do. I feel bad enough about everything by default already.

But okay, a cop shoots a kid. That is all i know this far.

Why is humanity like this? Why do we need cops? Prisons? Why are we so violent? Fuck all of it!

But since there obviously is a need for cops to protect us all, well, policemen and policewomen are humans. Breaking news: Sometimes humans make mistakes.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(04-26-2021, 11:15 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: The video has been taken down. It is alright, i would not have watched it anyway. I never do. I feel bad enough about everything by default already.

Why is humanity like this? Why do we need cops? Prisons? Why are we so violent? Fuck all of it!

But since there obviously is a need for cops to protect us all, well, policemen and policewomen are humans. Breaking news: Sometimes humans make mistakes.

It was no mistake, and it was a good shoot if ever there was one.   That girl was LUNGING, hard, at another girl with a large knife.  One of her neighbors who saw it personally gave an interview:  "She was in full attack  mode.   The officer had no choice."   Another neighbor who saw it first hand said the same thing.   The potential victim could have been dead before the squad could even arrive to try to save her.

Tasers are not reliable for stopping a potentially deadly attack. Not just according to the police, but according to the manufacturer itself. Especially with fat people.
(04-26-2021, 11:15 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: The video has been taken down. It is alright, i would not have watched it anyway. I never do. I feel bad enough about everything by default already.

This wasn't a mistake.

That murderous little wench was all primed and cocked to stab an unarmed woman in the neck with what appears to be a 7 or 8 inch butcher knife.

I'd have shot her sorry ass in the face, too. On purpose. No mistake. Not because I have a badge, but just because I have common fucking sense. No one gets a free pass to stab unarmed folks just because they don't want to clean their own goddamned room.

ETA: I think the officer showed remarkable restraint. I'd have also shot that asshole of a grown-assed man that was kicking the other girl in the head while she was trying to crawl away. Fuck 'em. BOOM! fall down now...

@"Finspiracy", well, you know, it's You Tube. That's what they do when they want to hide the truth. I'm sure Gateway Pundit and some other Conservative magazines have it embedded in their articles. 

It's not gone.  They can't hide the truth!
(04-27-2021, 12:25 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

@"Finspiracy", well, you know, it's You Tube. That's what they do when they want to hide the truth. I'm sure Gateway Pundit and some other Conservative magazines have it embedded in their articles. 

It's not gone.  They can't hide the truth!

I have a couple copies of it archived, just in case.

The video showed everything in slow motion. The girl was clearly in the middle of swinging a knife on another girl. Towards her head and neck. From gun draw to girl on the ground was maybe 2-3 seconds. Tops. I will probably draw hate for this but considering all the movement and people around the cop and how fast things happened, it was some amazing shooting. No shots went astray, nobody hit that wasn't the target (stabber and stabbee were on top of each other), and the stabbing was prevented. 

I have no clue why people are the way they are. My only input is most people do not do things like this. They don't go around stabbing other people. But there are always a talented few who don't get it. Ergo, the need for police.
(04-26-2021, 10:46 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: I was reading an article about this.  Ohio State University now wants to sever ties with Columbus PD over this incident.  A "student" said something along the lines of "I just can't believe that life means so little, that cops can just shoot people like that."  Can't remember the exact quote, probably because I lost a few brain cells and started drooling after reading it.

I guess the person whose life was in immediate danger from a knife attack didn't matter either then.

My guess is the college student is one of those you see on the video's where our educated youth cannot name the three branches of government or identify the US on a world map. 

But thanks for the warning about said article. I need to protect what few brain cells I have left. I can drool all day long though. It's a gift.
(04-27-2021, 01:48 AM)ABNARTY Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 10:46 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: I was reading an article about this.  Ohio State University now wants to sever ties with Columbus PD over this incident.  A "student" said something along the lines of "I just can't believe that life means so little, that cops can just shoot people like that."  Can't remember the exact quote, probably because I lost a few brain cells and started drooling after reading it.

My guess is the college student is one of those you see on the video's where our educated youth cannot name the three branches of government or identify the US on a world map. 

But thanks for the warning about said article. I need to protect what few brain cells I have left. I can drool all day long though. It's a gift.

I should clarify that it's not the university looking to sever ties with Columbus PD, it was a woke student protest.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  If I'm gonna lose brain cells, then damnit, all of you will.  From the article I referenced:

Destiny Brown, a senior at the Ohio State University, breathed a sigh of relief in her dorm room on Tuesday when the guilty verdict came down for former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin. But the moment of respite proved short-lived. Minutes later, she scrolled on Twitter and learned that a 16-year-old Black girl, Ma’Khia Bryant, had been shot and killed that afternoon by Columbus police.

“I can’t even begin to process the fact that we live in a world where people’s lives — regardless of what they’re doing, what they have going on, guilty or not, innocent or not — their lives just do not matter,” Brown told Yahoo News. “It doesn’t make sense to me and never will.”

Yes, Destiny, it makes zero sense that a cop would defend somebody's life with lethal force when that person is under imminent lethal threat.  The stupidity is enough to make me scream.  I suppose he should have tased her in the leg  minusculebonker
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]