Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
16 Year Old Girl Shot by Police in Columbus
And if THAT wasn't enough loss of brain cells, there's this gem from a local news story:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/6abc.com/am.../10519754/

Action News spoke with Jayden Hawkins, who said he threw a brick through the window of Nomo Foundation in North Philadelphia during the protests around the death of Walter Wallace Junior, thinking it was a sneaker shop he was looting.

"If I had known that it was a black-owned business, I would never do that a day in my life," said Hawkins, from South Philadelphia. "We need more organizations like this, and it's designed to help me and people that look just like me. If I had the knowledge of that before I would have never thrown a brick through the window."

The layers upon layers of stupidity...like an onion...
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
Population of USA is 330 million.

Sometimes a cop has to shoot someone there. And sometimes that someone has black skin. It just goes like that. Not beautiful, not funny, it just goes like that. Lives matter. Always. No need to burn cities in order to try to make them matter even more. Seems to me that an effective way to not get shot by a cop is to not do crimes.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
I know that this is obvious to everyone. But this is just a reminder. The cop is not always the one who shoots...

They risk their lives. They are out there, working, right now, as i am just surfing online and having some morning wine. We are humans. We are born at some point. We live for some time. And then we die. We are not cats. And they are out there, the police. And they can't be sure if they return to home from work.

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(04-27-2021, 03:12 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Yes, Destiny, it makes zero sense that a cop would defend somebody's life with lethal force when that person is under imminent lethal threat.  The stupidity is enough to make me scream.  I suppose he should have tased her in the leg  minusculebonker

Destiny is not long for this world. she cannot figure out which end wags and which end bites, and that is usually a fatal mistake.

So fret not about Destiny - her destiny is assured.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-27-2021, 04:51 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: Population of USA is 330 million.

Sometimes a cop has to shoot someone there. And sometimes that someone has black skin. It just goes like that. Not beautiful, not funny, it just goes like that. Lives matter. Always. No need to burn cities in order to try to make them matter even more. Seems to me that an effective way to not get shot by a cop is to not do crimes.

Another trick is to just not resist arrest, insist on your day in court. You can't have a day in court of you resist arrest and get shot for it.

Blacks are more criminally prone. that is undeniable. Whether it is nature or nurture is up for debate, but the basic facts are not. Some folks here think it is "society's" fault. I look towards their brethren in Africa, and that leads me to believe that it is inherent, rather than upbringing, but still the cause is open for debate. the facts on the ground, that blacks are more criminally inclined, for whatever reason, is not open to debate. it is "settled science".

It logically follows, then, that Blacks will have more police interactions, and a percentage of those will end in the demise of the accused, because they resist arrest. Just don't resist, insist on your day in court, and the cops will have no excuse to end you. It seems simple, but there are minds out there that are below even simple, and will not be able to grasp that basic fact.

There, I said it. I will doubtless be labelled as "racist", but I give no shits. Facts are facts, and statistics are statistics, however folks want to spin them. I don't care, even slightly, how people want to label me for stating them.

I'm not casting aspersions here. I have been arrested a few times, and never fought. I insisted on my day in court, and have never been criminally convicted because of that. I've also never been killed by a cop, because of that. From here forward, I WILL fight if I have to. They will have to kill me if they want my carcass, because there is no justice left in the world when the guilty skate and the innocent are convicted. Under the BidenHarris regime, and the woke crowd, there is no more justice, so I will not be taken alive to be subjected to a Kangaroo Court in a world biased against sanity and logic.

So, I know how they feel, and I'm no different no better - I just have facts on my side, and they don't.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-27-2021, 01:43 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: The video showed everything in slow motion. The girl was clearly in the middle of swinging a knife on another girl. Towards her head and neck. From gun draw to girl on the ground was maybe 2-3 seconds. Tops. I will probably draw hate for this but considering all the movement and people around the cop and how fast things happened, it was some amazing shooting. No shots went astray, nobody hit that wasn't the target (stabber and stabbee were on top of each other), and the stabbing was prevented. 

I have no clue why people are the way they are. My only input is most people do not do things like this. They don't go around stabbing other people. But there are always a talented few who don't get it. Ergo, the need for police.

Yeah, I was amazed at his shooting ability too.  She was so close to the potential victim.   The officer deserves a medal.

Why are people the way they are?   Read "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" by Sowell for a historical/sociological perspective.   And then add in a layer of the theological explanation of evil--you can choose nearly any theology, tho not all--and I think we're at least 75 percent there in explaining why these things happen.

I'm not without all sympathy for the potential killer.   She was the one who called police for help.   I think girl-in-pink and the other bystanders (head-kicking man, woman on ground, along with girl-in-pink) may have been threatening her, and she thought something along the lines of, "You start it; I'll end it."   But damn.   To pick up a deadly weapon in the presence of police.....   that's a special kind of rage and stupidity.   It's homicidal/suicidal rage and stupidity.
(04-27-2021, 03:12 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Yes, Destiny, it makes zero sense that a cop would defend somebody's life with lethal force when that person is under imminent lethal threat.  The stupidity is enough to make me scream.  I suppose he should have tased her in the leg  minusculebonker

Yeah, it actually did make me, er, raise my voice last night when the news spewed something close to the same idiocy.  It went something like, "Oh, FFS!"  I can't stand the stupidity either.  We are absolutely doomed if these people become too numerous and don't get half a clue.
(04-27-2021, 08:26 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Another trick is to just not resist arrest, insist on your day in court. You can't have a day in court of you resist arrest and get shot for it.

It's so simple. 

Have you read Sowell's, "Black Rednecks and White Liberals"?  It was very interesting.   And, like another book I mentioned to you, while it's labelled "hate", it absolutely is not.   It's just labelled hate because they don't agree with his argument, and he's not kneeling to the party line.

At this point, I'm beginning to wonder how many other books are labelled as "hate" when in reality they're not.
(04-27-2021, 08:26 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Blacks are more criminally prone. that is undeniable. Whether it is nature or nurture is up for debate, but the basic facts are not. Some folks here think it is "society's" fault. I look towards their brethren in Africa, and that leads me to believe that it is inherent, rather than upbringing, but still the cause is open for debate. the facts on the ground, that blacks are more criminally inclined, for whatever reason, is not open to debate. it is "settled science".

Settled science? Can you provide me a link for some statistics from a trusted source?

Quote:There, I said it. I will doubtless be labelled as "racist", but I give no shits. Facts are facts, and statistics are statistics, however folks want to spin them. I don't care, even slightly, how people want to label me for stating them.

Nope. You are not a racist. I do not enjoy having a conversation with racists. I enjoy having conversations with you, Sir.

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(04-27-2021, 08:56 AM)drussell41 Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 08:26 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Another trick is to just not resist arrest, insist on your day in court. You can't have a day in court of you resist arrest and get shot for it.

It's so simple. 

Have you read Sowell's, "Black Rednecks and White Liberals"?  It was very interesting.   And, like another book I mentioned to you, while it's labelled "hate", it absolutely is not.   It's just labelled hate because they don't agree with his argument, and he's not kneeling to the party line.

At this point, I'm beginning to wonder how many other books are labelled as "hate" when in reality they're not.

No, I've not read that book. Matter of fact, this thread is the first time I've ever even heard of it.

On the subject of "hate" this or "hate" that, labeling a crime as a "hate crime" was thee first step on a slippery slope. The problem is that literally EVERYTHING is "hate" to someone. it's too subjective as a legal concept, and allow ultimately for the jailing of anyone, for any reason, or no reason at all. 

Does it really matter to the deceased whether he or she was killed due to "hate", or simply due to stupidity? Isn't murder already illegal? Of what use is appending the word "hate" to it? It's the most useless concept I have ever seen, objectively. Subjectively, on the other hand, it can and will be used as some sort of catch-all to suppress thought counter to the official narrative. All they have to do is label something "hate" or "hateful", and there you have a clear path to suppression.

It a dangerous world we live in. Everyone needs to watch their six.

(04-27-2021, 09:01 AM)Finspiracy Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 08:26 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Blacks are more criminally prone. that is undeniable. Whether it is nature or nurture is up for debate, but the basic facts are not. Some folks here think it is "society's" fault. I look towards their brethren in Africa, and that leads me to believe that it is inherent, rather than upbringing, but still the cause is open for debate. the facts on the ground, that blacks are more criminally inclined, for whatever reason, is not open to debate. it is "settled science".

Settled science? Can you provide me a link for some statistics from a trusted source?

That depends on how well you trust Google. All you really have to do is Google things like "African violence" to see how much more violent a place like Africa is than, for instance, Pakistan, Afghanistan, or any of the other allegedly "violent" areas. I don't know, for example, of any instances of the hands being chopped of of entire villages of people in Afghanistan, but I cannot say the same for Africa. 

In the US, the FBI keeps statistics on violent crime, and those statistics clearly show Blacks to be more prone to violence than Whites or especially Asians on a percentage basis of their populations. Now, Leftists will "spin" that up as evidence that police disproportionately take action against Blacks, but I submit that if they do not commit the violence, there is no excuse to take action, so I question that "spin".

(04-30-2021, 11:33 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 09:01 AM)Finspiracy Wrote:

That depends on how well you trust Google. All you really have to do is Google things like "African violence" to see how much more violent a place like Africa is than, for instance, Pakistan, Afghanistan, or any of the other allegedly "violent" areas. I don't know, for example, of any instances of the hands being chopped of of entire villages of people in Afghanistan, but I cannot say the same for Africa. 

In the US, the FBI keeps statistics on violent crime, and those statistics clearly show Blacks to be more prone to violence than Whites or especially Asians on a percentage basis of their populations. Now, Leftists will "spin" that up as evidence that police disproportionately take action against Blacks, but I submit that if they do not commit the violence, there is no excuse to take action, so I question that "spin".

Okay. My trust, regarding google, depends on the issue. If i google "Population of Canada" or "Coffee production in Brazil" i trust google. If i google "covid vaccine safety" well... you know...

I will google this stuff at some point. And yeah, your point is understandable. If a black man walks the street, minding his own business, a police officer will not shoot him just like that.

-Jean-Paul Sartre