Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chauvin Trial Outcome
Big week coming up in MN. Looks like three possible outcomes.

Chauvin is convicted, the left(antifa, blm with foolish commentary from blue checks) rejoice and riot(happily).

Miss trial, the left(above mentioned) riot and burn the city down.

Chauvin is found not guilty, the left(again, above above mentioned) riot and burn the city down. 

I'm noticing a pattern of violence here, either way the shithole/armpit of MN is screwed, enjoy your demise. I'm far enough away that I doubt even if 40 city blocks were on fire(possible) I could see the smoke or hear the bleating cries of communists while they fight for "anti" whatever they actually are.
Makes you wonder what outcome would make it all better for the rioter crowd. Probably nothing. 

My tin foil hat tells me the entire trial is merely an excuse. If it wasn't this, it would be something else to push the agenda. 

The riots will go on as planned. Bigger fish to fry here than just one police interaction gone south. 

Tangent warning! It is up to the people in these places (like Portland, Chicago, etc.) to make the change. If they vote for the same, they will get the same. Until they take their chunk of real estate back, they will have a front row seat to the madness.
Stocked up on a bunch of 00 buckshot seeing as how I'm in Philly.  Not that I'm in "those" areas, but still.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
(04-20-2021, 03:12 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Makes you wonder what outcome would make it all better for the rioter crowd. Probably nothing. 

I think they just want someone else to keep them up while they sit on their asses. Marxist types do not really want to excel or progress, they just want to be King while everyone else is a serf doing their bidding. The problem with that is not everyone can be King, and some of THEM will end up as serfs to someone else who is being King. They haven't thought it all the way through - they want too many Chiefs without enough Indians to support them.

Quote:My tin foil hat tells me the entire trial is merely an excuse. If it wasn't this, it would be something else to push the agenda. 

The riots will go on as planned. Bigger fish to fry here than just one police interaction gone south. 

I think you are right. They just want a good crisis, of any kind, to not let go to waste. if they can't find one, they'll make one.

Quote:Tangent warning! It is up to the people in these places (like Portland, Chicago, etc.) to make the change. If they vote for the same, they will get the same. Until they take their chunk of real estate back, they will have a front row seat to the madness.

Fact. And it has already started.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

We'll soon see just how blind lady justice is.  I'm sure Chauvin is a world-class douche, he's had many complaints against him, his wife divorced him the second he got arrested, but I don't believe he killed George Floyd.
(04-20-2021, 06:47 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: We'll soon see just how blind lady justice is.  I'm sure Chauvin is a world-class douche, he's had many complaints against him, his wife divorced him the second he got arrested, but I don't believe he killed George Floyd.

I believe he did kill Floyd, and that he did it intentionally. With that said, I also believe the entire nation has paid the price for him for the last year, and Chauvin should have walked free due to that. Floyd's life was not worth the billions in damages and decent lives lost that it has been used as an excuse to create.

It sets a bad precedent to give in to the demands of terrorists.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-20-2021, 11:29 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 06:47 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: We'll soon see just how blind lady justice is.  I'm sure Chauvin is a world-class douche, he's had many complaints against him, his wife divorced him the second he got arrested, but I don't believe he killed George Floyd.

I believe he did kill Floyd, and that he did it intentionally. With that said, I also believe the entire nation has paid the price for him for the last year, and Chauvin should have walked free due to that. Floyd's life was not worth the billions in damages and decent lives lost that it has been used as an excuse to create.

Well, I actually disagree with you alot on this one. 

I disagree that he intentionally killed him, but that's actually not my issue with your post.

I find that if you were on the jury and thought he was guilty, but voted non guilty because of what OTHERS did(granted it was bad).

That's just as bad as being on the jury, thinking he was not guilty and voting guilty because you are scared of future riots. 

Neither of those uphold the standard of a fair justice system.
(04-20-2021, 11:29 PM)Ninurta Wrote:

This is all my opinion obviously, but I think Floyd knew what he was facing.  A prior felon, with fentanyl and counterfeit bills, was facing a stretch in the state penitentiary.  I think he swallowed all the fentanyl he had, maybe to avoid the felony amount charge, and OD'd right there on the sidewalk.  I believe I read he had a seizure while on the ground?

That being said, those cops were pussies.  Three of them couldn't get one person into the back of a cop car?  Sure he was a big guy, but this isn't exactly Gregor Clegane we're talking about. 

I see what you're saying about him walking over the damages inflicted in the wake of all this, but that sets a bad precedent too.  I think police should have been WAY harsher on those looters and rioters.
(04-20-2021, 11:41 PM)MisterSpock Wrote: Well, I actually disagree with you alot on this one. 

I disagree that he intentionally killed him, but that's actually not my issue with your post.

I find that if you were on the jury and thought he was guilty, but voted non guilty because of what OTHERS did(granted it was bad).

That's just as bad as being on the jury, thinking he was not guilty and voting guilty because you are scared of future riots. 

Neither of those uphold the standard of a fair justice system.

Nor does allowing riots to rule the land.

BUT - what they have guaranteed with this decision is that there will be more riots, and deadlier ones. Now, with the message they've delivered, the Left knows that anytime they want something, all they have to do is burn a couple cities down, and they will magically get their wishes as society capitulates.

All that BS about how "there was no evidence of choking" is a smoke screen. Floyd wasn't killed by choking, he was killed by having the blood flow to his brain cut off for twice as long as it takes to kill a man. His windpipe was never involved, his carotid artery was. Anyone with hand to hand training should recognize that in the video, and anyone with training knows how long to hold, and how long it takes to kill. Once they are unconscious, you can let up as there is no longer a need to keep the pressure on since they are out - unless your intention is to kill them.

I would let Chauvin walk because his debt has already been paid, manyfold times over, by society itself over the past year. He would never again work in law Enforcement anyhow, because I would guess that by now every police chief in the nation saw what he did, and knows what he did, and would not care to work in the same department as Chauvin. No department would ever hire him again. In all honesty, he'd probably be hard pressed to get a job flipping burgers... but now, instead of the punishment of trying to make a living where none is to be had for him, he gets a free ride on the taxpayer dime. Three hots and a cot, all day every day.

Either kill him or set him loose.

(04-20-2021, 04:03 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Stocked up on a bunch of 00 buckshot seeing as how I'm in Philly.  Not that I'm in "those" areas, but still.

We got hollow point slugs for our shotgun last year. Living in Louisville, the crime has increased exponentially. Not messing around.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Try and make sense of this, time-travel must be a thing in Ohio!
(I'm aware it's already been mentioned in the Shout Box.)

Quote:Black girl shot dead by police minutes before Derek Chauvin verdicts are read

'Police have shot and killed a young black girl just before Derek Chauvin was convicted of murdering George Floyd.
The shooting on Tuesday afternoon in Columbus, Ohio, came after police responded to reports of an attempted stabbing.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9278]
Police body camera footage - Ma'Khia Bryant is in the blue jeans. Inset: Ma'Khia Bryant

The caller had said females were trying to stab them and put their hands on them, according to Columbus interim police
chief Michael Woods. No further details were gathered from the caller who hung up the phone, according to The Columbus
Dispatch.

It is unclear what then led to police shooting the girl but she was taken to hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Nobody else was injured.
Woods said: "This is a tragic incident for all involved, but especially for the family of the female.

"As I said earlier, the Bureau of Criminal Investigation is conducting the criminal investigation into this incident.
"At the conclusion of that investigation, the divisional police will conduct an administrative review of the actions
of this officer and all officers at the scene."

Franklin County Children's Services confirmed the teenager as Ma'Khia Bryant and that she was in foster care,
according to The Dispatch. Some reports said she was 15 and others said 16.

Columbus mayor Andrew Ginther said that police had body-worn cameras at the scene, adding: "We know, based on this
footage, the officer took action to protect another young girl in our community.
"But a family is grieving tonight and this young 15-year-old girl will never be coming home."

According to The Associated Press, the footage showed the officer shooting Ma'Khia as she appeared to attempt to stab two
people with a knife. A black-handled blade resembling a kitchen knife or steak knife appeared to be lying on the sidewalk next
to her immediately after she was shot and fell, the report said.

The death came about 25 minutes before a judge in Minneapolis read out guilty verdicts for former police officer Derek Chauvin
on three charges. These related to the death of George Floyd, a black man who died during an arrest in May last year, after Chauvin
knelt on his neck for almost nine minutes.

Kimberly Shepherd, 50, has lived in the Columbus neighbourhood for 17 years, and said she knew the victim.
She and her neighbour Jayme Jones, 51, had celebrated the guilty verdict of Chauvin but things changed quickly.
"We were happy about the verdict, but you couldn't even enjoy that," Ms Shepherd said.

"Because as you're getting one phone call that he was guilty, I'm getting the next phone call that this is happening in my
neighbourhood.
"...'
Sky News:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(04-21-2021, 06:48 AM)BIAD Wrote: Try and make sense of this, time-travel must be a thing in Ohio!
(I'm aware it's already been mentioned in the Shout Box.)

Quote:Black girl shot dead by police minutes before Derek Chauvin verdicts are read

'Police have shot and killed a young black girl just before Derek Chauvin was convicted of murdering George Floyd.
The shooting on Tuesday afternoon in Columbus, Ohio, came after police responded to reports of an attempted stabbing.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9278]
Police body camera footage - Ma'Khia Bryant is in the blue jeans. Inset: Ma'Khia Bryant

The caller had said females were trying to stab them and put their hands on them, according to Columbus interim police
chief Michael Woods. No further details were gathered from the caller who hung up the phone, according to The Columbus
Dispatch.

It is unclear what then led to police shooting the girl but she was taken to hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Nobody else was injured.
Woods said: "This is a tragic incident for all involved, but especially for the family of the female.

"As I said earlier, the Bureau of Criminal Investigation is conducting the criminal investigation into this incident.
"At the conclusion of that investigation, the divisional police will conduct an administrative review of the actions
of this officer and all officers at the scene."

Franklin County Children's Services confirmed the teenager as Ma'Khia Bryant and that she was in foster care,
according to The Dispatch. Some reports said she was 15 and others said 16.

Columbus mayor Andrew Ginther said that police had body-worn cameras at the scene, adding: "We know, based on this
footage, the officer took action to protect another young girl in our community.
"But a family is grieving tonight and this young 15-year-old girl will never be coming home."

According to The Associated Press, the footage showed the officer shooting Ma'Khia as she appeared to attempt to stab two
people with a knife. A black-handled blade resembling a kitchen knife or steak knife appeared to be lying on the sidewalk next
to her immediately after she was shot and fell, the report said.

The death came about 25 minutes before a judge in Minneapolis read out guilty verdicts for former police officer Derek Chauvin
on three charges. These related to the death of George Floyd, a black man who died during an arrest in May last year, after Chauvin
knelt on his neck for almost nine minutes.

Kimberly Shepherd, 50, has lived in the Columbus neighbourhood for 17 years, and said she knew the victim.
She and her neighbour Jayme Jones, 51, had celebrated the guilty verdict of Chauvin but things changed quickly.
"We were happy about the verdict, but you couldn't even enjoy that," Ms Shepherd said.

"Because as you're getting one phone call that he was guilty, I'm getting the next phone call that this is happening in my
neighbourhood.
"...'
Sky News:

This is probably going to sound like a crazy idea to some, but I dunno, maybe don't try to stab folks in front of cops and they might not feel a need to drop you like a pole-axed steer? I know, I know, that's just nuts... I dunno what I was thinking...

Maybe don't unnecessarily fight cops, and they won't feel a need to fight right back? Yeah, I know, just another one of my wacky ideas.

Maybe don't act frigging nuts, and they won't have an excuse to put you down like a rabid dog?

Just throwing these ideas against the wall, to see if any of them stick....

(04-21-2021, 02:10 AM)kdog Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 04:03 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Stocked up on a bunch of 00 buckshot seeing as how I'm in Philly.  Not that I'm in "those" areas, but still.

We got hollow point slugs for our shotgun last year. Living in Louisville, the crime has increased exponentially. Not messing around.

I used to carry something like that in my 12 gauge. The slugs were sub-caliber, a little smaller than a 12 ga slug and were carried in a plastic sabot inside the shotgun shell until they were fired. They had a REALLY deep hollow point, and the sides were pre-split in 4 places right to the bottom of the hollow. When you shot something with them, those 4 "wings" folded out to create an impact surface about 2 1/2 inches across, and so, with the power of a 12 gauge shotgun running them down range, they punched a hole about that wide in whatever they encountered. They were copper colored, and I think that's what they were made of - soft copper instead of lead.

Truly nasty to whatever they struck, those were... I highly recommend them as a means of conflict resolution when you really need the resolution to be in your favor!

The other load I carried was #4 buckshot. Hitting anything with that load was like shooting it 27 times with a .22 rifle, where all 27 shots hit at the same time. It created some truly impressive artwork upon occasion. From a cylinder choke, 20" barreled riot gun, it would create one big 3 1/2 or 4" hole at 5 yards.

One more load I might recommend is a .50 caliber solid slug riding in a sabot in a 12 gauge shell. The "slugs" were actually .50 cal bullets, with, I believe, a steel core. I saw one of those bust an engine block once, right through the car body, and utterly disable the car.

Just some thoughts for an exciting Saturday at the shooting range....

This is what all the media propaganda has led to. Things are about to go even more insane as the liberal media feeds fuel to the fire. 
I hope the white people in these big blue cities stay safe. 

Quote:BLM Minneapolis: ‘I Don’t Want to Say We Need to Start Killing All White Folks… But… Maybe They Need to Feel the Pain and Hurt’ (WATCH)

Looks "they" are about to get that civil war they want so desperately. 

Quote:In a shocking collection of interviews from the George Floyd memorial in Minneapolis, far-left extremists admitted to wanting another civil war and implied that white people need to be killed.

Gonzo journalist and filmmaker Ami Horowitz interviewed several people who were attending the memorial to get their take on things like… burning the city down and using violence against white people. Their responses will surprise no one.

Read more and see the video here: LINK
(04-21-2021, 05:26 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: This is what all the media propaganda has led to. Things are about to go even more insane as the liberal media feeds fuel to the fire. 
I hope the white people in these big blue cities stay safe. 

Quote:BLM Minneapolis: ‘I Don’t Want to Say We Need to Start Killing All White Folks… But… Maybe They Need to Feel the Pain and Hurt’ (WATCH)

Looks "they" are about to get that civil war they want so desperately. 

Yeah, I read that story, too, and it made me laugh. Do they REALLY think they want to jump off that race war? Do they not comprehend how badly outnumbered they would be? Maybe not - most live in urban areas, where the racial mix is out of balance with the mix of the nation in general. They might actually think they have the numbers. If they do, I say bring it on, gentlemen. The cities will be bloodbaths of course, since the violent wolves in them outnumber the sheep by a big enough margin that the sheep will be slaughtered, as they are unable to defend themselves effectively - those are the same sheep who voted in politicians hell bent on removing their ability to defend themselves. The sheep in those cities voted themselves into this mess they ain't gonna be able to vote themselves out of, so I got no sympathy.

But then... BUT THEN...! When they try to export that mess out here into the hinterlands, they'll find it's a whole new ballgame. Roadside ditches on their routes of advance will be littered with their corpses, and we ain't got time to bury 'em... but worms and buzzards gotta eat, too.

Last time they tried to export that mess out into the suburbs, when Antifa came out to call with all the confidence that their urban victories could install in them, They got their asses handed to them in evert attempt. Every single one. That should have clued them in, but I don't credit them with an overabundance of intelligence. Some folks are just incapable of learning. But last time, they weren't killing folks off in the cities in high numbers, they were mostly just stealing and burning shit down. Once they start killing off their white cohorts in the cities, rural folks will see the handwriting on the wall, and react accordingly when they come out here. The results will be predictable to anyone paying attention, but those results won't be pretty. Thankfully, nature cleans herself up, and in a year or two no one will know they ever existed, except for the odd scrap of bleached bone here and there that used to be their individual bodily frameworks.

They seem to have fallen into the trap of believing their own hype, and that'll get 'em killed in a hell of a hurry, just like any mistake of overconfidence can. They shouldn't buy into the BS the MSM is steadily shoveling at them, but if they just have to, then bring it on, gentlemen.

I get so worn out with listening to them brag about what all they think they're gonna do. We used to have a saying here when I was a young hillbilly rather than the old one I am now - "DO it first, THEN brag about it. Not the other way 'round". Their mouths are writing checks their asses ain't gonna be able to cash.

Maybe a bit off topic, but...

Quote:Philadelphia Public Schools are implementing discussion about George Floyd’s “murder” and theories that America is built on a “pyramid of hate” into Kindergarten through second-grade curricula. 

Read More
This is enough for the defense to call a mistrial. Clearly, this juror wasn't judging the case on the "facts", but on "not wanting a riot". 

NOT JUSTICE: ‘I Didn’t Want to Go Through the Rioting’: Juror in Chauvin Trial Makes Stunning Admission over ‘Guilty’ Verdict

Quote:On Tuesday, a jury found Derek Chauvin guilty of second-degree murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter in a case that had sparked nationwide riots: The death of George Floyd.

During the course of the trial, Judge Peter Cahill mentioned that the court case was getting dangerously close to mistrial. A new interview with an alternate juror named  Lisa Christensen, who lives in Brooklyn Center, provides new insight into the courtroom dynamics.

“I just had a fascinating sit-down interview with one of the alternate jurors in the Derek Chauvin trial,” Kare 11 reporter Lou Raguse said Thursday on Twitter.

“Lisa Christensen was the juror who lived in Brooklyn Center. One night she could hardly make it home after testimony ended because of protesters blocking intersections.”

Read More From Source
Quote:Derek Chauvin juror LIED about protest: Cop's hope of appeal boosted after picture emerges of juror at BLM rally wearing 'Get Your Knee Off Our Necks' T-shirt despite telling court he'd never been on a march

Hmm... Imagine that. More things keep coming out that is going to help Chauvin's appeal of the verdict. 

Read more: Source
(05-04-2021, 05:55 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
Quote:Derek Chauvin juror LIED about protest: Cop's hope of appeal boosted after picture emerges of juror at BLM rally wearing 'Get Your Knee Off Our Necks' T-shirt despite telling court he'd never been on a march

Hmm... Imagine that. More things keep coming out that is going to help Chauvin's appeal of the verdict. 

No need to imagine. This image surfaced in August 2020.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9331]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(05-05-2021, 12:21 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 05:55 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

No need to imagine. This image surfaced in August 2020.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9331]

The Left has got a lot of damned nerve putting Dr. Kings image in the center of that logo, all while the Left is working against everything he stood for and trying to re-institute segregation and apartheid in the US. I guess they figure since he's dead now, he can't very well complain about it himself.