Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AOC Super-Wisdom and Logic -- Thoughts from a Marxist Dream
Big Grin 
Everybody's favorite Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has published another astounding vision of logic and intellect.

Yes, this time it's a double wisdom proclamation set.

1. A Supreme Court with 9 Justices should not be allowed to over turn laws passed by Congress.

2. Her implications indicate a Supreme Court with 13 Justices should be.

Well let's get some Harvard skillset Professors to confirm we don't need Checks and Balances and/or Separation of Powers, and then justify why we would even need courts if they can't overturn unconstitutional legislation in the first place.

Can any Democrat Scholars explain this Masterpiece ? tinylaughing

She also forgets she took that Oath of Office too I think after she got "elected" (cringe)  tinybigeyes

[Image: Girl-OK2-sm.gif]
Quote:Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) has backed Democrats’ effort to pack the Supreme Court by adding four new seats that would be filled by President Joe Biden, arguing the courts should not be allowed to overturn laws passed by Congress.

“I do think we should be expanding the court,” she told reporters.

“The idea that nine people, that a nine-person court, can overturn laws that … hundreds and thousands of legislators, advocacy and policymakers drew consensus on … we have to … just ask ourselves, I think as a country, how much does that current structure benefit us? And I don’t think it does,” she said.

LINK-->  Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Backs Court-packing; Says Courts Should Not Overrule Legislature

[Image: Girl-upthere.gif]
[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]
She seems not to have a very firm grasp on the theory of government in the US - but she was elected by New Yorkers, and damned few of them understand the workings of government, either. I think they are second only to Californians in the inability to comprehend logic. The ONLY function of the SCOTUS is to measure laws passed against Constitutional constraints, to determine the constitutionality of a law, and then determine if Congress or the Executive have overstepped their boundaries, regardless of who or how many pushed for the legislation to begin with.

So, if they actually do their job as constitutionally mandated, then 9 or 900, they should still arrive at the same conclusions. Sadly, this court packing effort is intended to sidestep constitutional constraints by making the court a politically motivated body rather than a deliberative one. The intent is to gut the Constitution, not any attempt at "more fairness".

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

IMHO, it's just BS. Meaningless word salad. A dopamine hit to those who have already abdicated their ability to reason in favor of faux security. 

She is doing exactly what she is tasked with. Trying to make sense of her pronouncements is a fool's errand. 

Not everyone is cut out to be an independent human. That takes work, courage, and humility. She is their Wonder Woman.