Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Launch of Digital Vaccine Passport
Quote:California County to Launch Digital Vaccine Passport Pilot

By Tom Ozimek
April 13, 2021 Updated: April 13, 2021
biggersmaller
Print
California’s Orange County plans to launch a pilot program for digital CCP virus vaccine and testing passports, according to health officials.
The vaccine and testing credentialing arrangement will be rolled out sometime in April, Orange County Health Care Agency officials said on Twitter.
“The Digital Passport enables individuals to participate safely and with peace of mind in activities that involve interactions with other people, including travel, attractions, conferences/meetings, concerts, sports, school and more,” officials added.
While details are scant about how the digital vaccine passport would work, the Orange County health agency’s director and health officer, Dr. Clayton Chau, told the O.C. Register that the county’s existing Othena vaccine scheduling app could be modified to include a credentialing feature.
The Othena app is being used to schedule vaccine appointments at the county’s mass inoculation sites, including at Disneyland.
Chau also told the outlet that printed cards could be issued for use by people who don’t use smartphones.
California Public Health Officer Dr. Tomás Aragón said last week that there are currently no plans to create a state-level vaccination passport system, although health officials are looking into formulating standards and guidelines around the use of such credentials, KTLA reported.
Aragón said that if federal authorities “don’t move fast enough” with developing such guidelines, “we will come up with technical standards that will be expected—really focusing on making sure that privacy is protected and that equity is protected.”
It comes amid controversy over vaccine passport-style systems, which have been proposed in some countries, and as some U.S. states and regions have either considered their adoption or moved forward with their deployment.
Hawaii Gov. David Ige’s latest emergency proclamation includes a plan for vaccine passports that would allow travelers to avoid quarantine and COVID-19 testing. While there is no timeline for its adoption and it still needs approval by the director of the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency, Lt. Gov. Josh Green told Hawaii News Now that the plan is to launch a pilot for inter-island travel by May 1.
New York state has also rolled out its “Excelsior Pass” system that would require people to show that they have been vaccinated when trying to enter certain events and locations.
Vaccine passports have been criticized by civil liberties groups, who say they would potentially violate Americans’ privacy rights while denying key services to people who are not vaccinated.
The Biden administration has said that it would not develop a federal vaccine passport system, but that it would come up with guidelines around their use and leave development to the private sector and local authorities.
“The government is not now, nor will we be supporting a system that requires Americans to carry a credential. There will be no federal vaccinations database and no federal mandate requiring everyone to obtain a single vaccination credential,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters at the White House last week.
Psaki last month responded to reports that the administration was working with private firms to create a passport system, saying the administration would only provide guidance.
“Our interest is very simple from the federal government, which is Americans’ privacy and rights should be protected so that these systems are not used against people unfairly,” Psaki clarified Tuesday. She again said the government would provide guidance on privacy concerns related to vaccines.
Several governors, including Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, both Republicans, have issued executive orders barring the use of vaccine passports.
Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) has also introduced legislation that would ban federal agencies from future issuance of any standardized documentation that could be used to certify COVID-19 vaccination status to third parties, like airlines or restaurants.
Biggs’s proposed bill, called the No Vaccine Passports Act (pdf), would also prohibit proof of COVID-19 vaccination from being a requirement to access federal or congressional property and services, Biggs’s office said in a statement.
“My private health care decisions—and yours—are nobody else’s business,” Biggs said. “Vaccine passports will not help our nation recover from COVID-19, instead, they will simply impose more Big Brother surveillance on our society.”
Follow Tom on Twitter: @OZImekTOM

It amazes me how many people are slobbering all over themselves to get these passports going. 

You know they are looking at the dollars signs and nothing else.
This is so unconstitutional, even a mediocre attorney could beat it in court.  
Of course, the public doesn't realize this, so they'll just go along with anything the government tells them they have to do. 

smalltappinghead   
I'm all ready !

[Image: KN95-screw-U.png]
[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]
How can those fucking nazis call this a "vaccine passport" when it is not even a vaccine?

I won't be having this passport. They have to deny EVERYTHING from me first. Meaning that i am not allowed to leave my home ever, for any reason, without this passport.

I need one grocery store and one health center where they allow outcasts, rejects and dissidents like me to do business. Close everything else, and see if i care. The line has been drawn.

"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
It's been launched in New York for awhile now already.

Quote:Published March 26, 2021 USA Today
Starting Friday, New Yorkers will be able to pull up a code on their cellphone or a printout to prove they've been vaccinated against COVID-19 or recently tested negative for the virus that causes it.

The first-in-the-nation certification, called the Excelsior Pass, will be useful first at large-scale venues like Madison Square Garden. But next week, the pass will be accepted at dozens of event, arts and entertainment venues statewide. It already lets people increase the size of a wedding party, or other catered event.

The app, championed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo to support the recovery of industries most affected by the pandemic, is funded by the state and available free to businesses and anyone with vaccination records or test results in New York . . .

Participation in Excelsior Pass is voluntary. New Yorkers can always show alternate proof of vaccination or testing, like another mobile application or paper form, directly at a business or venue.

www.usatoday.com
covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov

We have until these vaccines become licensed in another year or two before they can make them mandatory at the federal level.

Quote:Ever since the Food and Drug Administration granted emergency use authorization for two new vaccines, employers, schools, and other organizations are grappling with whether to require Covid-19 vaccination.
While organizations are certainly free to encourage their employees, students, and other members to be vaccinated, federal law provides that, at least until the vaccine is licensed, individuals must have the option to accept or decline to be vaccinated.
Knowing what an organization can or cannot do with respect to Covid-19 vaccines can help them keep their employees, students, and members safe and also save the them from costly and time-consuming litigation.

www.statnews.com

I forgot to add that the FBI has just announced they will prosecute people distributing fake passports and want people to turn in those who are making them.
I don't own a cell-phone!

It's laughable how the media ignore the fact that only your Doctor and yourself can permit access to your own
medical records. Even if we imagine such an access is allowable by Governments, do you think some ape stood
at the door of your favourite restaurant would be allowed to know and understand such information?!

You're not allowed in because you don't have the app or worse, you declined the vaccine due to an ailment not relevant
to the restaurant's Covid concern. How would Derek the Doorman translate this situation and also possibly open his place
of work to a lawsuit of discrimination.

Would an Air-Hostess be in a better position to solve the delicate situation?
When the 'Covid Crisis' fades in the US media, so will these dumb-ass Jew-badges.
tinysure
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(04-16-2021, 04:32 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: We have until these vaccines become licensed in another year or two before they can make them mandatory at the federal level.

Quote:Ever since the Food and Drug Administration granted emergency use authorization for two new vaccines, employers, schools, and other organizations are grappling with whether to require Covid-19 vaccination.
While organizations are certainly free to encourage their employees, students, and other members to be vaccinated, federal law provides that, at least until the vaccine is licensed, individuals must have the option to accept or decline to be vaccinated.
Knowing what an organization can or cannot do with respect to Covid-19 vaccines can help them keep their employees, students, and members safe and also save the them from costly and time-consuming litigation.

www.statnews.com

They can "mandate" whatever they like. It will make no difference to me what some politician in DC says about it. THEY ignore the law with impunity, and they ain't no better than me, so I can do it, too. Just let 'em "mandate" a vaccine, and wait for the first one or two to even try to come at me to stab me. You'll read about the flying fur in that altercation in the papers.

The "vaccines" will still be in clinical trials, a testing stage, until January 2023. Everyone who gets it before then is just volunteering to be an unpaid guinea pig in testing of an unproven medical treatment until then, and they appear to have a massive base of willing unpaid guinea pigs lining up. I ain't gonna be one of them.

As far as a "vaccine passport" goes, according to HIPPA regulations, I don't have to disclose ANY part of my medical history to ANYONE I don't want to disclose it to. So they and their vaccine passports can kiss my fuzzy ass. Fuck them, AND the Panzers they rode in on.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-16-2021, 09:21 PM)BIAD Wrote: I don't own a cell-phone!

It's laughable how the media ignore the fact that only your Doctor and yourself can permit access to your own
medical records. Even if we imagine such an access is allowable by Governments, do you think some ape stood
at the door of your favourite restaurant would be allowed to know and understand such information?!

You're not allowed in because you don't have the app or worse, you declined the vaccine due to an ailment not relevant
to the restaurant's Covid concern. How would Derek the Doorman translate this situation and also possibly open his place
of work to a lawsuit of discrimination.

Would an Air-Hostess be in a better position to solve the delicate situation?
When the 'Covid Crisis' fades in the US media, so will these dumb-ass Jew-badges.
tinysure

Around here, some places require a mask to enter. I never wear one, and I enter anyhow. If there is a doorman to block access to the maskless, I just tell them I'm exempt by executive order (which I am - it's written right into the Governor's order), and they usually allow me to pass unmolested. They are barred by law from inquiring any further into the nature of my exemption.

I've only ran into a spot of trouble once with a door person who refused me entry without a mask even after being informed of my exemption, apparently not knowing the law very well. I pushed through and went in anyhow. The bouncer, now behind me, started chattering into a radio and giving my description to some faceless someone, so I turned around, went back to them, and said "If yer calling security on me, you'd better tell 'em to send at least 3 or 4 goons, just to make it sportin' " and then I went on in.

No one ever came to bother me.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’