Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Majority of Carbon Dioxide comes from where ?
Quote:
Quote:WHERE DOES CARBON DIOXIDE COME FROM?
Ian Rutherford Plimer is an Australian geologist, professor emeritus of earth sciences at the University of Melbourne, professor of mining geology at the University of Adelaide, and the director of multiple mineral exploration and mining companies.

He has published 130 scientific papers, six books and edited the Encyclopedia of Geology.

Born
12 February 1946
Residence
Australia
Nationality
Australian
Fields
Earth Science , Geology, Mining Engineering
Institutions
University of New England ,University of Newcastle,University of Melbourne,University of Adelaide
Alma mater
University of New South Wales ,Macquarie University
Thesis
The pipe deposits of tungsten-molybdenum-bismuth in eastern Australia (1976)
Notable awards
Eureka Prize (1995, 2002),Centenary Medal (2003), Clarke Medal
(2004)
Source. Wikipedia 

Where Does the Carbon Dioxide Really Come From?
Professor Ian Plimer could not have said it better!
If you've read his book you will agree; this is a good summary.

PLIMER: "Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland. Since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - its that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.

I know....it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kids "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationinwarly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cent light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs.....   well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes, FOUR DAYS - by that volcano in Iceland which has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt. Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.

Yes, folks, Mt. Pinatubo was active for over one year - think about it.

Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely tree-hugging' moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keeps happening despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud, but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year. Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you, on the basis of the bogus 'human-caused' climate-change scenario.

Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention 'Global Warming' anymore, but just "Climate Change"  - you know why?

It's because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees  in the past century and these global warming bull**** artists got caught with their pants down.    And, just keep in mind that you might yet be stuck with an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer.

It won't stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure.

But, hey, relax...give the world a hug and have a nice day!"
My wife.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
tinywhat minusculebeercheers
(04-13-2021, 02:25 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: My wife.
(04-13-2021, 02:46 AM)727Sky Wrote: tinywhat minusculebeercheers
(04-13-2021, 02:25 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: My wife.

I'm only kidding.  Well, 65% kidding  tinylaughing
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
It's obvious that volcanoes must be a function of the patriarchy. 

You know who live in Iceland? Not that many POC's. 

It's all adding up.
(04-13-2021, 02:57 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: It's obvious that volcanoes must be a function of the patriarchy. 

It's all adding up.

Well done, Comrade.  You now grasp Leftist logic.  tinylaughing

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

@"727Sky" 

Sounds like a dream mission for Joe Biden's military.  NUKE those naughty volcanoes!

We use the problem of too many nukes on a problem that is making the Left look bad.  If we're lucky, we'll trigger a nuclear winter and that darling Mr. Gates won't have to block our sunlight.

minusculebonker

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(04-13-2021, 12:01 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"727Sky" 

Sounds like a dream mission for Joe Biden's military.  NUKE those naughty volcanoes!

We use the problem of too many nukes on a problem that is making the Left look bad.  If we're lucky, we'll trigger a nuclear winter and that darling Mr. Gates won't have to block our sunlight.

minusculebonker

Cheers

Please do not give the idiots in D.C any ideas ! minusculebonker
(04-13-2021, 02:57 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: It's obvious that volcanoes must be a function of the patriarchy. 

It's all adding up.

Yes! It's systemic racism! Volcanoes are white racism, I knew it!
Look for even more tax increases to fight Mother Nature.  The experts in DC need your money now more than ever.  tinysure
(04-13-2021, 11:58 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote:

It's all adding up.

Well done, Comrade.  You now grasp Leftist logic.  tinylaughing

Cheers

I am getting so freeking woke, I'm gonna need a spare body to hold all my righteousness.
(04-13-2021, 12:47 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote:

It's all adding up.

Yes! It's systemic racism! Volcanoes are white racism, I knew it!

We need to get BLM on this ASAP. Maybe they will protest volcanoes. We can tell them the inside of the volcano is where the racists keep all their expensive stuff.
Biden discusses climate change with other world leaders on a zoom call. 
He is the only one wearing a mask, and he is the only one who doesn't have our country's flag behind him. 
I suppose having the China flag displayed would look rather suspicious.   tinysure

[Image: EzqKa5tXMAMTj4s?format=jpg&name=medium]
1936, when it was hot , they called it heat wave. Now it`s  "climate change " tinybigeyes

The Deadly Heat Wave of July 1936 in the Middle of Arguably the Hottest Decade on Record for the US
I'll just quietly put this here and I hope you can be benevolent enough not to laugh when you appreciate
the zany world politicians pretend they're in control of.

Quote:Boris Johnson’s Net Zero dreams suffer blow as ‘blue hydrogen’ could be MORE polluting than natural gas

'Boris Johnson's Net Zero dreams hit a fresh bump in the road today as a groundbreaking study warns "blue hydrogen"
could be a fifth more polluting than fossil fuels. Switching to the unstable hydrogen replacement for gas to heat our homes
and cook is a key plank of PM's plan to go carbon neutral.

But now experts warn it could be 20 per cent WORSE for the climate than burning natural gas.
Researchers at Stanford and Cornell Universities found that so-called "blue hydrogen" - which captures carbon from natural
gas to store emissions rather than releasing them into the air - emits more methane instead.

The first peer-reviewed paper on the top reveals that the greenhouse gas footprint is a fifth worse than burning gas or coal,
and two thirds worse than burning diesel.

The authors of the study conclude that "there really is no role for blue hydrogen in a carbon-free future.
"We suggest that blue hydrogen is best viewed as a distraction, something that may delay needed action to truly decarbonize
the global energy economy."

'DIFFICULT TO JUSTIFY'
They say it would be "difficult to justify" using it "on climate grounds".
Robert Howarth, co-author of the study and Professor of Ecology and Environmental Biology at Cornell University said:
"This is a warning signal to governments that the only 'clean' hydrogen they should invest public funds in is truly net-zero,
green hydrogen made from wind and solar energy."

Juliet Phillips, Senior Policy Advisor Clean Economy at E3G added: "Today’s new report warns that fossil fuel derived
blue hydrogen is far from a truly zero emissions fuel.
"There is no time left to waste in second rate solutions to the climate emergency."

Ministers are due to reveal their new hydrogen strategy and how it can be used across industry later this month.
It's expected that it will be used in industry and to help decarbonise sectors such as steel and cement, but others are lobbying
for it to be used in homes and transport too.

Some say it should be used in boilers instead of gas, meaning millions won't need to rip them out to put in pricy heat pumps.
But there is also a higher risk of accidents as the gas can be more unstable without extra ventilation...'
SOURCE:

It's like dealing with children.
tinysure
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.