Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Devils Brigade training WW2 and today
Devils Brigade or how to kill people in war. This is a true story and a test to see if modern soldiers can preform as the WW2 Devils Brigade.
(04-03-2021, 01:24 PM)727Sky Wrote: Devils Brigade or how to kill people in war. This is a true story and a test to see if modern soldiers can preform as the WW2 Devils Brigade.

That was great.  I binge watched the whole series.

Cheers and regards,

Bally:}
Thanks for the cool video!

I will watch it as soon as I finish watching 6 hours of on-line anti-sexual harassment training, 18 hours of sensitivity training, and get my nails clear coated as it's cool for dudes to wear now. 

* IMHO there will always be the right people for these missions. God bless them. Now, how far their outlook deviates from the prevalent social norms of today, that's a different story. How far their idea of Soldiering differs from the priorities of the Army today, yet another story.
(04-03-2021, 01:24 PM)727Sky Wrote: Devils Brigade or how to kill people in war. This is a true story and a test to see if modern soldiers can preform as the WW2 Devils Brigade.

there was a movie made from the book that was co written by one officer of the brigade. i first saw it as a young kid back when kids still played army. when i found out it was based on a real brigade that made it even better. we had our own squad and killed us many a nazi as soldiers, and when i found out about the Marine Corps we switched to killing Jap bastards. 

sadly the movie isn't all that accurate, and it came out not long after the drity dozen, which was a excellent movie, and took all attention away from The Devils Brigade.
the movie is also loaded with a lot of top actors of the day.

Quote:

gonna watch the documentary tomorrow.
[Image: TWBB.png]

@"hounddoghowlie" 

Quote:i first saw it as a young kid back when kids still played army. when i found out it was based on a real brigade that made it even better. we had our own squad and killed us many a nazi as soldiers, and when i found out about the Marine Corps we switched to killing Jap bastards.

tinylaughing 

Sounds similar to my childhood.

Yeah, anytime a movie includes a lot of big names, it will be correspondingly farther away from what the reality was.  I am amazed The Longest Day stuck to history as much as it did, although its depiction of Omaha Beach was nowhere near the reality.  "Private Ryan" was much closer to the truth, particularly for the western end of Omaha Beach.

As far as fantasy war movies went, I liked The Dirty Dozen.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]