Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bombarded ? Fight back.
This will be short and sweet. The media, videos, and Youtube... If I click on your site I will accept that one commercial is the cost, and I'm ok with that. But when you go right to commercial number two, I bail immedieatly and include a thumbs down. Your algorithms should notify you of such. I will not indulge  any site with more than one commercial, no matter the content and how enticing it may be. Nothing is that interesting so I resolutely bail. 
What say the rest of you, will you indulge them ? Enough algorithms ought to get the message through enough to cause a change.
I've heard some of the content creators say that it's not them who put up the commercials, but You Tube. I don't know about the other platforms, but I imagine they are the same. It's how they make $$. Of course, the content creator gets a percentage.

Most commercials have a way to skip out after 5 seconds, so if it's something I'm really interested in, I'll watch the 5 seconds and continue.
Total turn off for me. 

I won't even watch "live" TV. I record everything so I can FF through the commercials.
I don't worry over YouTube commercials. I use Opera usually, and that browser blocks them automatically. It blocks almost all ads, except on Facebook. they drop ads into the middle of a feed like the ad was just another post, and I reckon opera can't tell the difference between a commercial post and a regular post the way they do it.

It does cause problems some times. For example, many times someone posts a link to a news story, and the story is behind an adwall that detects I am blocking ads, and demands I turn off my ad blocker to read it. Not gonna happen. there ain't no news anywhere that is fascinating enough to get me to drop my block.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-03-2021, 04:52 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Total turn off for me. 

I won't even watch "live" TV. I record everything so I can FF through the commercials.

on most if not all broadcast and cable tv the commercials are better than the shows.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(04-04-2021, 04:37 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 04:52 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Total turn off for me. 

on most if not all broadcast and cable tv the commercials are better than the shows.

There is merit to that statement. I have hundreds of channels available 24/7. Many times there is nothing I want to watch. I ask myself, 'who watches this stuff?'.
@"ABNARTY" 

Being in Europe, I have a lot of international shows to choose one.

The last one I browsed was a game show in Russia with the contestants soldiers in uniform.  One of them was showing off dog tricks with one of their war dogs.  I couldn't understand what was being said, but the dog was the star anyway.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(04-04-2021, 05:40 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"ABNARTY" 

The last one I browsed was a game show in Russia with the contestants soldiers in uniform.  One of them was showing off dog tricks with one of their war dogs.  I couldn't understand what was being said, but the dog was the star anyway.

Cheers

I also dont speak dog but I do speak cat
(04-04-2021, 05:40 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"ABNARTY" 

Cheers

A dog doing tricks is better than 90% of what's on  tinylaughing

I am envious.