Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Little Giant (a little guy who did big things)
I was lucky after my patriotic war experience in that I never hated, but there were plenty who did and it seems those who had the big hate had a very tough time adjusting to civilian life. It was 1975 when I lost my faith in most things government as did many of my friends. That was the year America turned tail and Viet Nam fell. No one likes to be told they lost a war when they won all the battles....

Little Giant is the story of a decorated Viet Nam vet who I am fairly sure was messed up with the Iran Contra supply of arms to Nicaragua (CIA) and was disavowed when that whole program fell apart. Col. North "Who me"? there were many who were left out in the cold to fend for themselves or disappear IMO.  

The video is interesting on many different levels; at least it was to me.. Richard Flaherty his story and his death...
https://tubitv.com/video/576772

Being a Vet, I could not watch. My sympathies remain, and my anger kept in check sort of.
My Facebook feeds are replete with ads for books and movies about this guy. apparently the shortest, smallest Special Forces Trooper who ever lived, but dynamite comes in small packages, too.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-02-2021, 10:30 AM)727Sky Wrote: I was lucky after my patriotic war experience in that I never hated, but there were plenty who did and it seems those who had the big hate had a very tough time adjusting to civilian life. It was 1975 when I lost my faith in most things government as did many of my friends. That was the year America turned tail and Viet Nam fell. No one likes to be told they lost a war when they won all the battles....

Little Giant is the story of a decorated Viet Nam vet who I am fairly sure was messed up with the Iran Contra supply of arms to Nicaragua (CIA) and was disavowed when that whole program fell apart. Col. North "Who me"? there were many who were left out in the cold to fend for themselves or disappear IMO.  

The video is interesting on many different levels; at least it was to me.. Richard Flaherty his story and his death...

April 1975, as I recall. I remember seeing the footage of choppers flying out of Saigon in a hurry, with Vietnamese hanging off the skids to escape. Another war won by the soldiers and lost by the politicians in DC losing their heart and tucking in their tails. That was actually why I went private sector and not into the regular military. I didn't want to get stuck under the chicken shit thumbs of DC politicians who might throw me under the bus at their first chance just to save their own political careers.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Can't watch the video. It demands I drop my ad blocker, and that is not a thing that happens in my little world.

(04-03-2021, 05:45 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Can't watch the video. It demands I drop my ad blocker, and that is not a thing that happens in my little world.

Exactly.

I can't live, if living is without ad blocker (Whitney Houston voice)
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(04-03-2021, 05:45 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Can't watch the video. It demands I drop my ad blocker, and that is not a thing that happens in my little world.

Humm I use Ghostry and it did not request me to drop my add blocker... There were no adds in the video I watched ??????????/
(04-03-2021, 06:44 AM)727Sky Wrote:

Humm I use Ghostry and it did not request me to drop my add blocker... There were no adds in the video I watched ??????????/

Something about the ad blocker in Opera prevents the video player from loading. I used Ghostery with Firefox. It works by blocking scripts that you do not consciously allow. I think Opera has a different method, but I've been unable to find it or figure it out. I might try it again sometime in Chrome. Chrome is spyware, so it lets everything through.