Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
From Skeptic Overlord ATS
(03-29-2021, 11:29 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(03-28-2021, 11:43 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: Reading the opening sentences of your post felt odd. You, banned? You are one of the most polite persons online ever.
But then it all made sense. Of course you had two accounts, one for you, and one for the creature in your shed. tinycool

Sorry for the delay in replying and thank you for your compliment.

I was working evenings at a newspaper outlet, dealing with photographs needed for articles, properties for sale
and other aspects of local information from a newspaper. The work wasn't very demanding and as the night wore
on, required images from Journalists to 'tweak' or 'enhance' due to the low quality level of producing a newspaper,
would dry up.

I worked alone on a whole floor of the building and it was rare anyone visited me. One young man -a Graphics Artist
belonging to the Editorial Dept. would sometimes appear and request some assistance regarding something he was
working on and we struck-up a rapport.

As we chatted, I mentioned that I was a member of ATS and that would sometimes visit the site to see the amazing
views and opinions of people on the reality we all assume to exist in. Not knowing anything about the website, he was
intrigued enough to accompany me to ATS and read some of threads.

One particular thread was 'Who would win between in a fight between a Grey and a human?' and the idea made us
both giggle. The responses -if memory serves, were mainly conducted by a lady with the title 'Mr Green' and after
introducing myself, we had many humorous comments regarding such a weird battle.

This went on for a couple of evenings until somebody interjected a statement that the grey humanoid aliens detest
the feeling of human urine on their skins and this revelation sent the Graphic Artist and myself off onto an entirely
different tangent as the initial discussion had began to wane.

I laughingly suggested in the thread, an idea that such a notion of 'urine-fear' could lead a the more milder of us to
strike-out and become a warrior for the people, a piss-squirting combatant taking the fight to the space-enemy.
Mr Green began to ask questions that I and the Graphics Artist were certain put forward to maintain a feeling of
jocular harmless interaction and a prompt that not everything on the internet needs to seem deadly and negative.

(The conversation eventually ended-up creating this unfinished piece! 'We The Valiant'!)

As Mr Green enquired more into our imagined scenario of hilarity, the absurdity grew and that was when the young
visitor to my work-station suggested he would join ATS in order to hopefully upgrade the ridiculousness! Whether
anyone else was still viewing the thread, we weren't sure, but Mr Green hung in there and supported our silly synopsis
of an unlikely collection of galactic war-veterans travelling across time and space in an ice-cream van.
tinyhuh

It was only when asked to prove how my suggestion that telepathy could be a factor on why these aliens always knew
how to avoid an obvious public disclosure, did we mess up. I began to answer and giggling over a keyboard in another
part of my work-station, the relatively new poster to the thread -the Graphics Artist, finished my sentence.

That was it and the balloon went up! The Mods surged in and accused me of being the Graphics Artist's character.
An email was sent explaining their theory (same I.P address) and I was banned. However, I answered and explained
the situation regarding myself and a fellow-employee, plus the harmless nature of what we were doing.

Nope, I was talking to myself and the verdict remained. You're out kid and my personal account was closed... except,
not the newer Graphics Artist account, that remained open?! We -the Graphic Artist and myself stayed out of the ATS
site until his own work required less and less visits in the evening.

After a couple of weeks, Boy In A Dress appeared on ATS and I joined in on a Creative Writing story involving Ninurta
and a few other members. Not long after, I was made redundant from the newspaper company and with assistance
from the wise 'red-neck' who appears on many of the banners, found my way to Rogue Nation!

I hope this explains the banning!
minusculethumbsup
So if I understand right you got kicked out because you wrote a piss good article
(03-29-2021, 09:31 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Ninurta" 

Recent politics have also raised new challenges that "old line" moderators may not even recognize.

Take the situation on ATS where there is a dedicated cadre of Brits and occasional others who argue ceaselessly on behalf of the Left in threads about American politics.

I don't need a political science degree to understand those people are agents.  Someone, somewhere, is engaging them, probably on a monetary basis, to go onto websites and push the party line.  If the Left can't find enough locals to perform that activity, they now recruit worldwide.

That kind of crap is only going to get worse.

Cheers

ATS political threads:

[Image: 1dnio2.jpg]
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
(03-29-2021, 12:44 PM)Wallfire Wrote: So if I understand right you got kicked out because you wrote a piss good article

Yep... a hopefully funny interaction on a light-hearted topic that provided no evidence of relevance or reality.
We never swamped the thread or attempted to send the conversation in a preferred tangent, it was merely
a response to a poster suggesting a humorous view that piss was a defensive strategy against an off-world
invasive unverified species.
tinylaughing

But I now wonder if ATS were already aware that such self-generated liquid IS a harmful weapon against
aliens and they just wished the information not to be broadcast and in such a foolish manner.
tinyhuh
We'll now never know and I guess that only the character 'Bruce' with his weed-killer backpack of the stale
urine could show us the way if he ever reappears again.
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(03-29-2021, 12:33 PM)727Sky Wrote: When you provided links and or videos showing Phage he was wrong he never bothered to answer the
articles or the videos... I stopped replying to him many years ago.. turn about fair play...!

I never got that far with him, the others on the threads Phage appeared on usually gave the impression
you just allowed him his say and let the thread go quiet for a few hours!

I just played nice and followed the crowd. But... he has an avatar here on RN for when he decides to return.
(Playing nice again!)

Recent politics have also raised new challenges that "old line" moderators may not even recognize.

Take the situation on ATS where there is a dedicated cadre of Brits and occasional others who argue ceaselessly on behalf
of the Left in threads about American politics...

Yes, it seems that mad King George left his pawns on the chessboard! (I ain't and never was one of them there!)

Seriously, I wonder if it just boils down to the British struggling with the right to bear arms against a self-ignorance
of what weapons are used for and actually mean. For many Brits, if there's no weapons about (a generalisation of a
perception in Britain), then surely mass-shootings and genuine accidents would be limited?

A proposal from a country who wished to keep America under its boot... you wouldn't dare suggest it unless you
ignore history and fail to grasp the concept of rights of a people to control their own country and destiny!

But... it still seems the idea of disarming oneself because an outside oppressive force requires it for their own benefit
remained just 'misunderstood.'

Which means something very scary... it means we can agree on many things and disagree on others, a notion that
doesn't fare well in the way debate is taught today. A clashing discourse was supposed to unearth treasures that could
lead to ideas of.. er, lets say, a well-rounded constitution that benefitted everyone it involved and a belief that protection
of oneself, family and country may need more than just a noisy protest or approval from a king.
minusculethumbsup
(03-29-2021, 05:19 PM)BIAD Wrote:

Take the situation on ATS where there is a dedicated cadre of Brits and occasional others who argue ceaselessly on behalf
of the Left in threads about American politics...

Yes, it seems that mad King George left his pawns on the chessboard! (I ain't and never was one of them there!)

Seriously, I wonder if it just boils down to the British struggling with the right to bear arms against a self-ignorance
of what weapons are used for and actually mean. For many Brits, if there's no weapons about (a generalisation of a
perception in Britain), then surely mass-shootings and genuine accidents would be limited?

A proposal from a country who wished to keep America under its boot... you wouldn't dare suggest it unless you
ignore history and fail to grasp the concept of rights of a people to control their own country and destiny!

But... it still seems the idea of disarming oneself because an outside oppressive force requires it for their own benefit
remained just 'misunderstood.'

Which means something very scary... it means we can agree on many things and disagree on others, a notion that
doesn't fare well in the way debate is taught today. A clashing discourse was supposed to unearth treasures that could
lead to ideas of.. er, lets say, a well-rounded constitution that benefitted everyone it involved and a belief that protection
of oneself, family and country may need more than just a noisy protest or approval from a king.
minusculethumbsup

Yeah, we have a bumper crop of folks here in the states now, and growing, who have no concept of personal responsibility for one's own security, or personal property, or living and let live, allowing others to decide their own mode of living and fate. I've just taken to telling them I have no weapons beyond pointy sticks, which is mostly true. I don't have nearly the collection of firearms that I once had, having settled on just the most effective ones, and let go of the rest, while simultaneously increasing my supply of knives, swords, and spears, and archery tackle.

I mean, if I don't go anywhere, I'm no danger in any way to their little monster brat kids, am I? So leave me alone with my pointy sticks and high tech slingshots, and I'll have no cause to build big boomers to fill the personal defense void...

But right now, I need more beer, 'cause there are aliens about to do battle with!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"BIAD" 

The only thing I can figure is that the UK is where the Left has a reliable cadre of pot-stirrers to engage as needed.

There are a couple of Germans who do it as well.  I've been acquainted for decades with the German need to perceive themselves as peer-level rivals of the USA, and that need results in peevish behavior on the part of those who carry on the jousting.  After attempting over months to engage those people (face to face in the old days) in honest discussion, it just didn't happen.  They wanted me to be honest about the problems of the USA but they poo-poo'd any suggestion that Germany had serious social or political issues.  As one may imagine, that kind of one-sided exchange got stale in short order.

The bulk of the Germans I spoke with simply avoided topics like politics.  I was cool with that.  For most of my life, I have not been politically engaged and (apparently mistakenly) assumed that most other Americans had the same approach.

But the vast bulk of other countries don't seem to have the same need to lecture and (seemingly) moralize, at least on ATS.

No idea why it seems to be a thing particular to some countries.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(03-29-2021, 01:46 AM)PLOTUS Wrote: I guess everything has it's useful life span, ATS is not immortal. They are experiencing the consequence of becoming a political mudpit.

But collateral damages happen. The good aspects lost, and gallant members thrown under the wagon just the same.

[Image: 167053241-1145816935936862-4888009908006709343-n-1.png]
Even Our own members

(03-29-2021, 06:36 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"BIAD" 

The only thing I can figure is that the UK is where the Left has a reliable cadre of pot-stirrers to engage as needed.
...No idea why it seems to be a thing particular to some countries.

Cheers

Brexit & Trump, maybe? I know the majority of the mainstream media detested the UK's referendum result
and created groups to constantly 'advise' the public via the MSM platforms that they'd voted wrongly!
(03-27-2021, 10:40 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Mainland Chinese ?

No offence Miss Guohua...!!!

No Offence Taken, My Friend.
My husband has a friend he trained in the agency that has not retired yet, she has mentioned that the acronym ATS was being used in hush tones three months ago,,,,,  minusculethinking
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(04-02-2021, 03:29 AM)guohua Wrote:

My husband has a friend he trained in the agency that has not retired yet, she has mentioned that the acronym ATS was being used in hush tones three months ago,,,,,  minusculethinking

There's a whole saga of intrigue there that I wonder will ever be opened!
tinywondering
ATS is a great place for 3 letter government agencies to data mind.. If they monitor everything emails, web searches, an all online activity ATS is a great source for alternate ideas by the members.

I got banned (ATS) a few years ago and as far as I was concerned it was all B.S. I sent Skeptic Overlord a message to his in box. Instead of the usual dance around about an idiot mod the ban was lifted. To be honest I do not even remember what it was all about but it was not that I was mad but a matter of principle for me.

Being old I do not care if some three letter agency knows what kind of barbecue sauce I am thinking about buying but sometimes ????  It does piss me off that the so called civilized world has gone in this direction.
(04-02-2021, 11:00 AM)BIAD Wrote:

tinywondering
Perhaps on the face of it.... but the reason for my comment was that it seems to be that in this recent prosperity in Asia, and mostly in China, there has been a rush to buy American properties and businesses. And what happened when President Trump went to battle with their invasive economic strategies, it was more and more apparent the tactic.  As we have seen recently, this pervasive attacks directed toward Asians has garnered a great deal of press time. There needs to be something for the media to sell, so invent it, it is fair game after all. Ahhh....... Asians, how can we Villainize them ...! ?  

So soundbites and news clips. Even if they are the victim, they are the villains... Media Spin. The Blacks and Browns have become too dull a story to maintain the audience, they have become jaded, Tesla and Mars has become more interesting.  ..less correspondents and More News... that's what we need... And so the slime oozes out of your radio and TV's. Unending slime, 24/7. 
The 'no offence' notation was printed out of concern and respect. I Can Assure our Miss needs No protection from fools or those intent on attacks. And woe to those who try.. So There might be a 'Saga" my friend BIAD, but in the important parts and notations, will be the presence of unchanging friendships and  a bit of loyalty thrown in for good measure.
(04-02-2021, 01:51 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: ...So There might be a 'Saga" my friend BIAD, but in the important parts and notations,
will be the presence of unchanging friendships and  a bit of loyalty thrown in for good measure.

Very True.  minusculethumbsup
(04-02-2021, 11:00 AM)BIAD Wrote:

tinywondering

It's always been there, just simmering under the surface, whether it was ever really there or not. If you recall, you and I were both marked as "CIA Operatives" by the minions of a certain she who was once a he and an South African author of poorly thought out books... I geuss that was just one of the better smear campaigns they could think of!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-02-2021, 03:49 PM)Ninurta Wrote: It's always been there, just simmering under the surface, whether it was ever really there or not. If you recall, you and I were both marked as "CIA Operatives" by the minions of a certain she who was once a he and an South African author of poorly thought out books... I geuss that was just one of the better smear campaigns they could think of!

Oh I forgot about that! tinylaughing

It was surprising the lack of 'stepping-in' by TOS due to flimsy narrative of the... lady and the chap
who reads the stars differently. They've stunted conversations for less.
minusculethumbsup
(04-02-2021, 01:51 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Perhaps on the face of it.... but the reason for my comment was that it seems to be that in this recent prosperity in Asia, and mostly in China, there has been a rush to buy American properties and businesses. And what happened when President Trump went to battle with their invasive economic strategies, it was more and more apparent the tactic.  As we have seen recently, this pervasive attacks directed toward Asians has garnered a great deal of press time. There needs to be something for the media to sell, so invent it, it is fair game after all. Ahhh....... Asians, how can we Villainize them ...! ?  

So soundbites and news clips. Even if they are the victim, they are the villains... Media Spin. The Blacks and Browns have become too dull a story to maintain the audience, they have become jaded, Tesla and Mars has become more interesting.  ..less correspondents and More News... that's what we need... And so the slime oozes out of your radio and TV's. Unending slime, 24/7. 
The 'no offence' notation was printed out of concern and respect. I Can Assure our Miss needs No protection from fools or those intent on attacks. And woe to those who try.. So There might be a 'Saga" my friend BIAD, but in the important parts and notations, will be the presence of unchanging friendships and  a bit of loyalty thrown in for good measure.

There is a vast difference between "Asians" and "The CCP". I believe the deliberate blurring of that difference is a campaign by Left wingers to try to herd Asians in America into their sheep fold of victimhood, an attempt to lump them in with the CCP just because they are Asian.  Trump was not at economic war with China per se, but rather with the CCP. China is not "bad" or "uncivilized" - they have one of the oldest civilizations on Earth, one of the original ones, and probably the only one still going from those days until now. It's the CCP, and the American Left, mucking everything up for them. So Marxists promote the narrative that the CCP IS China, but it ain't. It's just another flavor of Marxist organization, separate from the Chinese people. The CCP is no more "China" than the Kremlin is Russia, or Congress or BidenHarris is America.

Take that, Beijing! Kiss my ass and have a nice day!

(04-02-2021, 03:54 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 03:49 PM)Ninurta Wrote: It's always been there, just simmering under the surface, whether it was ever really there or not. If you recall, you and I were both marked as "CIA Operatives" by the minions of a certain she who was once a he and an South African author of poorly thought out books... I geuss that was just one of the better smear campaigns they could think of!

Oh I forgot about that! tinylaughing

It was surprising the lack of 'stepping-in' by TOS due to flimsy narrative of the... lady and the chap
who reads the stars differently. They've stunted conversations for less.
minusculethumbsup

I think it's pretty clear that they didn't step in because they had orders from Langley to leave us alone and give us a free hand to run those folks to ground! Just ask Judy and Wayne - I'm sure they'll agree that was the case! And Wayne had those warehouses full of his books with the CIA seals slapped across the doors to consider... 

Just as clearly, Wordpress didn't get the memo, which is of course why they were able to dislodge us there with such a lightweight assault...

And if it hadn't been for that damned Barnes-and-Noble Wiccan running around Cornwall flinging hexes about willy-nilly in an effort to hit one of us with one, we coulda been contenders!

I'm still fearfully waiting on that night time knock at the door from Interpol, but maybe Langley took care of that for us, too...

(04-02-2021, 03:59 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 01:51 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Perhaps on the face of it.... but the reason for my comment was that it seems to be that in this recent prosperity in Asia, and mostly in China, there has been a rush to buy American properties and businesses. And what happened when President Trump went to battle with their invasive economic strategies, it was more and more apparent the tactic.  As we have seen recently, this pervasive attacks directed toward Asians has garnered a great deal of press time. There needs to be something for the media to sell, so invent it, it is fair game after all. Ahhh....... Asians, how can we Villainize them ...! ?  

There is a vast difference between "Asians" and "The CCP". I believe the deliberate blurring of that difference is a campaign by Left wingers to try to herd Asians in America into their sheep fold of victimhood, an attempt to lump them in with the CCP just because they are Asian.  Trump was not at economic war with China per se, but rather with the CCP. China is not "bad" or "uncivilized" - they have one of the oldest civilizations on Earth, one of the original ones, and probably the only one still going from those days until now. It's the CCP, and the American Left, mucking everything up for them. So Marxists promote the narrative that the CCP IS China, but it ain't. It's just another flavor of Marxist organization, separate from the Chinese people. The CCP is no more "China" than the Kremlin is Russia, or Congress or BidenHarris is America.

Take that, Beijing! Kiss my ass and have a nice day!

You said what I failed to articulate, but was in my reasoning....
(03-29-2021, 08:53 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: To be fair, I have seen certain of the shills/trolls disappear for periods of time.  I suspect in those cases they got hit with temporary bans.

Brilliant post, my friend!!

I would guess a couple of accounts were professionally managed.  At least one very prominent member had numerous accounts ... the writing style was a dead giveaway ... and he moved from one account to the next almost permanently.  I never saw an account of his closed-out, and when I asked about him specifically ... I was answered, but with a non-answer.

Have always wondered what happened when the mod-rift occurred.  Some real a-holes became scarce.  Some (not enough) mod tags went away.  Sometimes, when I'm looking through older threads, I see banned members ... and all I can see in the thread after that is the tragedy of a lost account.

I know I would never look back at ATS if I was banned.  There are good people posting over there.  But most of those same people have also posted over here.  It's harder to participate on this board, but I sure do like our members.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!