Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Veteran's Warning | Smedley Butler

Many have heard the name of Marine General Smedley Butler. The video is a fairly complete history of General Butler with his Marine enlistment at 16 years of age. The bankers an TPTB behind the scenes instigating wars for profit. Looking at history since Butler's death I would wager not much has changed.

I read or someone once said, " Power, wealth, and control.. When you increase your knowledge you will find you also increase your sorrow."

I at times think of all those people who went to war and gave up there lives for someone else's profit gain..and no I am not a "peace nik" for there are times when a war is justified and proper if you want your society and country to survive. Key words being justified and proper.
It always astounded me how the Major General's whistleblowing has been swept and really, kept under the carpet
on the world stage.

Despotic attempts like the one Butler was privy to , doesn't just go away when revealed, it merely looks for other ways
of obtaining the goal.

Slow, subtle changes via infiltration and with the media on their side at all times.
tinysure
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(07-08-2021, 02:00 PM)727Sky Wrote:
Many have heard the name of Marine General Smedley Butler. The video is a fairly complete history of General Butler with his Marine enlistment at 16 years of age. The bankers an TPTB behind the scenes instigating wars for profit. Looking at history since Butler's death I would wager not much has changed.

I read or someone once said, " Power, wealth, and control.. When you increase your knowledge you will find you also increase your sorrow."

I at times think of all those people who went to war and gave up there lives for someone else's profit gain..and no I am not a "peace nik" for there are times when a war is justified and proper if you want your society and country to survive. Key words being justified and proper.

Butler was one hell of a Marine, and he was very patriotic. he saved Roosevelt's ass and became a object of scorn by the media of the time, TPTB (and Prescott Bush was one of them) at first for it. but true to form of a corrupt government, none of the parties involved faced any prision time.

Look into the Business Plot and the The McCormack-Dickstein Committee Investigation

i disagree with his stance capitalism some what, capitalism would work better if the nation would focus and work harder to go after the corrupt power mongers as much as they do with the little penny ante crooks.
[Image: TWBB.png]

Informative to compare Butler to Mattis.

Mattis looked and sounded very good.  But when Trump was POTUS, the top military echelon feared losing some of their perks and they turned on him, Mattis included.

Lessons therein, regarding the dangers of a republic too amply rewarding their military leadership.  The leadership comes to see those perks as their due and will vigorously resist any attempts at reform.

Way back in the 1980s, I read a book called "The Pentagon and the Art of War".  It was really about the culture of senior military leadership and the tremendous inflation of the number of flag officers (as a ratio to other military personnel) since the end of World War II.  The problems we see today in the waffling of the top brass regarding their obligations to the Constitution and the deliberate weakening of morale with BS like critical race theory were already indicated in that work -- as the author (Edward Luttwak, one of the top U.S. military historians) assessed the corrosive effects of careerism on the integrity and discipline of the military.

Forty years hence, and the chickens have come home to roost with a nasty attitude.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

His book is pretty good. I think it is past copyright so you can even find it free.