Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Might have to put down my dog
I'm really left with no choices. Shelters won't take him and I don't trust the free to a good home sites, as those dogs are used for bait dogs in dog fighting. 
We have alot of traveling coming up due to ageing parents . He has tried to bite at least 7 people. 

Love this dog, but left to this decision.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(03-11-2021, 04:07 AM)kdog Wrote: I'm really left with no choices. Shelters won't take him and I don't trust the free to a good home sites, as those dogs are used for bait dogs in dog fighting. 
We have alot of traveling coming up due to ageing parents . He has tried to bite at least 7 people. 

that sucks, i had to have my cats leg amputated after one of the distant Mother Fuckin Piece Of Shit  neighbors shot him and blew his elbow joint out.
just couldn't bring myself to put him to sleep. i found him and his three siblings on the side of the road. they sat there for three days and i just couldn't stand to see them there any more, pissed the old lady off bad. lost two of them, due to wild critters or One of the MFPOS's. 

you don't have any friends that he likes and can take care of him for you while your gone. or some no kill shelters that can work with him. do some research there maybe some, i know around here in the 4 counry area there are only a few but they have good reputations. but it take some digging to find them.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(03-11-2021, 04:32 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 04:07 AM)kdog Wrote: I'm really left with no choices. Shelters won't take him and I don't trust the free to a good home sites, as those dogs are used for bait dogs in dog fighting. 

that sucks, i had to have my cats leg amputated after one of the distant Mother Fuckin Piece Of Shit  neighbors shot him and blew his elbow joint out.
just couldn't bring myself to put him to sleep. i found him and his three siblings on the side of the road. they sat there for three days and i just couldn't stand to see them there any more, pissed the old lady off bad. lost two of them, due to wild critters or One of the MFPOS's. 

you don't have any friends that he likes and can take care of him for you while your gone. or some no kill shelters that can work with him. do some research there maybe some, i know around here in the 4 counry area there are only a few but they have good reputations. but it take some digging to find them.

I have tried multiple avenues. To no avail. Either take him to a vet to be euthanized or out back with a bullet to the head.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere

Sorry to hear that Kdog, losing a pet in any way sucks.  I swear, some dogs just have some crossed wires in their brains.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]

Heartbreaking. Just heartbreaking.

I feel bad that it had to go this way. Wishing strength to you and your wife.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
@"kdog" 
I am Sorry to hear this.
I can not take you pet or I would gladly, I bite people I don't like too.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I hope you find a way, so you dont have to put the dog down. But sometimes its just the way life is, so no matter what feel no guilt
Sorry to hear that.  I hope another solution can be found.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

The hardest things in life normally involve a furry family member and the rainbow bridge. I don't know why.

I hope it works out.
We had to put a few dogs down because they were old and were not trustworthy around other people.  We brought one to the shelter and many years ago I went out to the woods with my dad to get rid of a dog because it was getting crabby.  I didn't like having to do it but it had to be done, old dogs sometimes get dementia or something and get crabby even though they were such loving dogs most of their lives.

I am sorry to hear that you might have to do this.  Is the dog very old?  Has it had a good life so far?  Sometimes we are forced to make decisions we do not like.  The dog might be alright on a farm somewhere yet if you can find some older people who will take it.  I know people who did that and the cranky dog got along great with the old cranky farmer.  I think the dog met his match and was afraid the farmer would get pissed at him and lock him in the barn.